Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 16:37   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
It would really set Ford thinking on their pricing. Despite it's handling etc, would be difficult to price it much higher than the City.
I don't think Ford would have ever thought of benchmarking the price of City. They would be looking more at the Verna/SX4 for that matter. I guess a price between 7-7.5L should be a fair price for the base Fiesta petrol. And for diesel, it should be a 80K - 1L more than the petrol model.
Old 14th June 2011, 16:37   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Check this link - YouTube - ‪odmag's Channel‬‏

Their episodes are usually archived here.
I had a look at the video. In this also there is no front seat arm-rest, what they show is the rear sear arm rest :(
Old 14th June 2011, 16:40   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
I had a look at the video. In this also there is no front seat arm-rest, what they show is the rear sear arm rest :(
Then I saw it in an other video. Apologies man.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:01   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think Ford would have ever thought of benchmarking the price of City. They would be looking more at the Verna/SX4 for that matter. I guess a price between 7-7.5L should be a fair price for the base Fiesta petrol. And for diesel, it should be a 80K - 1L more than the petrol model.
From what I remember, even the base City comes with ABS and airbags. It may compare to base+1 on the Fiesta.

For most of the market (read non-enthusiast), a Honda City (given it's dimensions, image, proven ability and all round nature) would be a lot more appealing than a Fiesta (especially with it's supposed lack of rear bench legroom). Don't think with such pricing from Honda can be ignored by Ford.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:01   #1655
BHPian

I am confident Ford will price the new fiesta with Figo type of aggressiveness to be a significant segment player/leader. I anticipate the base Fiesta petrol will be priced 6.75L and diesel base may be priced around 7.45L
Old 14th June 2011, 19:15   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
I am confident Ford will price the new fiesta with Figo type of aggressiveness to be a significant segment player/leader. I anticipate the base Fiesta petrol will be priced 6.75L and diesel base may be priced around 7.45L
Current classic prices (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)

1.6 Fiesta LXI- Rs.5,49,030/-
1.6 Fiesta CLXI-Rs.5,99,000/-
1.6 Fiesta SXI-Rs.7,45,630/-

1.4 Fiesta LXI (D) -Rs.6,48,000/-
1.4 Fiesta CLXI (D) - Rs.-6,89,000/-
1.4 Fiesta SXI (D) -Rs.8,51,630/-

If they remove the top ends at both Petrol and Diesel & with current discounts they offer at Classic, the prices you have mentioned fits in perfectly. May be an additional 30k for the NFS D base variant.
Rupees.8.75 for the Diesel top end would be a very good price.
Old 14th June 2011, 19:56   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
What I dont understand is the point about stock tyres. All Ford cases reported on this thread, whenever stock tyres were changed, readings
matched readings with GPS devices.

Now that this was mentioned, even I have noticed at least 10% over-reading in my case too
(when compared against to a GPS device)
I have the same problem on my Ford Endeavour 4x4AT. I'm doing 92 as per the company fitted GPS when the speedo shows 100. When I reported this on the Endeavour thread here on team-bhp most people responded that this was normal. In days gone by, I recall some Indian cars used to come with a little sticker on the speedo that indicated the error factor. Looks like this practice has been discontinued.
Old 14th June 2011, 21:37   #1658
BANNED

I would like to clarify your doubts regarding speedometers and GPS. GPS never shows the correct reading as it never takes into account the gradient of the road. Also GPS does not consider some other factors. Moreover speedos are so adjusted that if you are travelling at 97-98, speedometers show it as 100 so that you do not get into trouble with the cops.
Old 14th June 2011, 22:14   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car in flesh for the first time. This Silver colored FF is not at all appealing to my eyes & it looks very narrow. Verna looks majestic & that might turn the sales table favoring Hyundai. Pricing this FF sensibly is the way to go.
Old 14th June 2011, 22:28   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Saw the car in flesh for the first time. This Silver colored FF is not at all appealing to my eyes & it looks very narrow. Verna looks majestic & that might turn the sales table favoring Hyundai. Pricing this FF sensibly is the way to go.
The New Verna seems a whole lot bigger than the New Fiesta. No comparisons here. They barely even seem from the same segment! Personally don't really like how the Verna looks from the front, but on the whole it surely is a looker.

Totally agree that pricing it right would be the key (especially in light of the new Honda City prices).
Old 14th June 2011, 23:47   #1661
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I would like to clarify your doubts regarding speedometers and GPS. GPS never shows the correct reading as it never takes into account the gradient of the road. Also GPS does not consider some other factors. Moreover speedos are so adjusted that if you are travelling at 97-98, speedometers show it as 100 so that you do not get into trouble with the cops.

That was the exact reason why I was not too bothered about it. But when I saw many folks reporting I just wanted to confirm as to what is basic reason for this.
Old 14th June 2011, 23:51   #1662
BANNED

Width wise new fiesta is bigger than New verna( almost 22 mm more). But fiesta looks compact due to its design.
Old 15th June 2011, 01:21   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The New Verna seems a whole lot bigger than the New Fiesta. No comparisons here. They barely even seem from the same segment! Personally don't really like how the Verna looks from the front, but on the whole it surely is a looker.

Totally agree that pricing it right would be the key (especially in light of the new Honda City prices).
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Width wise new fiesta is bigger than New verna( almost 22 mm more). But fiesta looks compact due to its design.
Thanks for the info johnjojo08. Looks sure can be deceptive. Could you please links for the source of the data so that one can make a better comparison between the two. Thanks mate.

When Honda City Mk2 had come out, everyone thought that it was smaller than the outgoing Mk1 (OHC), but the specs revealed otherwise. We may have a similar case here.
Old 15th June 2011, 08:43   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Same review, tweaked slightly by car wale

Ford Fiesta First Drive - Fiesta Flower - CarWale

Quote:
But what we are really impressed with is the insulation level inside the cabin. Shut the door and it’s like you just shut out the constant clamour of the world outside. However, the location of the power window switches are too close to the driver’s body making it difficult to access them while the cruise control indicator on the binnacle is barely visible on a bright sunny day.
Quote:
1.5-litre diesel engine:
The oil burner breathes through eight valves and produces 91bhp and a peak torque of 204Nm. This engine is fairly quiet and the car is easy to drive, even in bumper-to-bumper city traffic. There is some amount of turbo lag below 1800rpm and has good mid-range. The clutch on the diesel variant is a bit on the heavier side, which adds to the driver’s fatigue. Gearshifts however are short, slick and positive – a Ford trademark.
Quote:
The new electric assist system makes the steering light, which is convenient to use in city traffic and whilst parking. The steering is fairly responsive however and it doesn’t weigh up much like a hydraulic does on higher speeds.
Atlast we can expect some real life to this thread as Mustang.101 will be back today
Old 15th June 2011, 09:11   #1665
BHPian

Well not sure if Ford got the engine correct on this one, based on the below review it looks like it is missing the fun factor prevalent in the existing Fiesta 1.6

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the...or-ford/202332

With ANHC reducing by 44 to 66 k, Verna impressing with its features its a lot tougher for Ford now. The only way they can survive is by pricing it aggressively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks