Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:59   #1306
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Mustang.101, We are getting closer to the launch dates. Is the spare wheel of alloy in the top end? What are the color options? Red color looks hot. Any additional info?
The spare wheel in the boot will be a steel rim and not an alloy wheel.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:25   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The new Fiesta is a head turner no doubt, more so in the unique-to-Ford 'Turquoise Blue' color that was loved so much in the previous Fiesta 1.6S.
My personal favorite looking at the available pics is RED. But preference is to look for a color that neutralizes the rear a bit

Quote:
The cruise control and voice-activated commands are touted to be the highlights of this car. As we all BHPians know, the rear passenger space seems to be the only negative aspect of this car compared to the competitors. Like all Fords, the ride and handling would surely be amongst the best in the segment.
In this thread, it was posted by one of the mods, that rear spacing is decent. If we can insert the feet to the bottom of the front seat, it would help to have better thigh support. You can do this in Vento, not in Verna.

Cruise control - Have to go through this thread in detail - Do we need cruise control in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The spare wheel in the boot will be a steel rim and not an alloy wheel.
Verna scores on these little things. But if one attempt to match all, the pricing cannot be competitive
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:32   #1308
BANNED

Quote:
Verna scores on these little things. But if one attempt to match all, the pricing cannot be competitive
No one uses the spare alloy wheel unless one of the alloy wheels break. And i personally did some work on this so I can tell you that the fiesta alloys will not break unless someone decides to do something really stupid with the car. In that case, more than 1 wheel will break so even if there was a spare alloy, it would serve no purpose as the guy would have to buy new alloys irrespective of that.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 23rd May 2011 at 09:34.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:49   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
No one uses the spare alloy wheel unless one of the alloy wheels break. And i personally did some work on this so I can tell you that the fiesta alloys will not break unless someone decides to do something really stupid with the car. In that case, more than 1 wheel will break so even if there was a spare alloy, it would serve no purpose as the guy would have to buy new alloys irrespective of that.
Mustang,

Spare wheel is used not only when you have one of flat tyre, Generally every 5K kms, when wheels alignment and wheel balancing done, I will also ask Wheel rotation. While doing this I will ask spare to be used a rear-left/right wheel. Now since spare is steel, it is inconvenient to remove tire and put it on alloy! Had this been alloy it just rotation. Tyre rotation in this case costs Rs. 200 (100 each for tyre).

Even in other cases I would prefer to have allow than the steel wheel!

The steel wheel is of same height as alloy (like in top end 16"?).
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:58   #1310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Mustang,

Spare wheel is used not only when you have one of flat tyre, Generally every 5K kms, when wheels alignment and wheel balancing done, I will also ask Wheel rotation. While doing this I will ask spare to be used a rear-left/right wheel. Now since spare is steel, it is inconvenient to remove tire and put it on alloy! Had this been alloy it just rotation. Tyre rotation in this case costs Rs. 200 (100 each for tyre).

Even in other cases I would prefer to have allow than the steel wheel!

The steel wheel is of same height as alloy (like in top end 16"?).
I meant "no one uses the spare alloy wheel unless one of the alloy wheels crack/break".

As far as rotation is considered, i only get a 4 tyre rotation done up. Internationally 4 tyre rotation is considered better than 5 tyre rotation. I use the 5th tyre only when there is a puncture and get the punctured wheel repaired and then again put the 5th wheel back into the spare position.

It is the case in most of the world where manufacturers do not provide a full sized spare wheel, Maybe the fiesta will also not have full sized spare because the one i tried a year ago did not have a full sized spare. The spare wheel was 1" smaller than the other 4 wheels.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:06   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
With the launch dates getting closer and closer, Ford seems to be doing some final testing in a fleet of all-new Fiestas before putting it in the market. IIRC, the same happened with the Figo before its launch. Here is a group of Fiestas spotted in the NH45 (Chennai-Trichy Highway).

The new Fiesta is a head turner no doubt, more so in the unique-to-Ford 'Turquoise Blue' color that was loved so much in the previous Fiesta 1.6S. The trademark trapezoidal grille, the chrome-ringed foglamps, the sweeping headlights that extends well into the front fenders and the tipped-forward profile makes the car look aggressive and sporty. The rear though looks a bit bulbous and heavy because of the way in which the boot is integrated and the small taillights.
That first photo with the NHC in the back makes the new Fiesta look like an evolution of the former. Look at the positioning of headlamps and wing mirrors. Too bad the rear-end of the Ford is forgettable. Wonder if they'll launch the hatch? That's a stunner!
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:06   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
As far as rotation is considered, i only get a 4 tyre rotation done up. Internationally 4 tyre rotation is considered better than 5 tyre rotation. I use the 5th tyre only when there is a puncture and get the punctured wheel repaired and then again put the 5th wheel back into the spare position.
I read here in team-bhp that its always better to rotate spare wheel! Farley remember ford manual also states the same (I am not too sure here). Otherwise you will have rarely used to wheel with all four wheels end of their life. When next tyre change if you plan to upgrade, then you usually would having issue!

Quote:
Maybe the fiesta will also not have full sized spare because the one i tried a year ago did not have a full sized spare. The spare wheel was 1" smaller than the other 4 wheels.
This is bad! If one changes OEM tyres to wider tyres, then the spare being in different size would become issue.

OT: In of the photos both driver & front passenger wearing the seat belt! Another one Passenger isn't wearing belt, however driver isn't clear! Guess Ford should monitor their test drivers!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 23rd May 2011 at 10:11.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:18   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My personal favorite looking at the available pics is RED. But preference is to look for a color that neutralizes the rear a bit

Cruise control - Have to go through this thread in detail - Do we need cruise control in India?
You are right. The red and the blue are my personal favourites too. In fact, the pic of the red Fiesta hatch that you have posted looks stunning. And as you have mentioned, a majority of the Indian roads currently are not suitable for using the Cruise Control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Too bad the rear-end of the Ford is forgettable. Wonder if they'll launch the hatch? That's a stunner!
Yes, the rear is the only major grouse of an otherwise beautiful design. As you said, the hatch is a stunner but sadly, Ford is not planning to launch the hatch in India in the near future. Only thing I can say is "Ford, see the sales of the i20 and then reconsider launching the Fiesta hatch in India".
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:23   #1314
BHPian

(@Mustang.101 : sorry for off topic posts earlier)

Though in reality it may look nice, the rear is pics looks like a let down.
I think a longer length like Linea would have helped it look much better

Last edited by Revention : 23rd May 2011 at 12:25.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:53   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
I read here in team-bhp that its always better to rotate spare wheel! Farley remember ford manual also states the same (I am not too sure here). Otherwise you will have rarely used to wheel with all four wheels end of their life. When next tyre change if you plan to upgrade, then you usually would having issue!

This is bad! If one changes OEM tyres to wider tyres, then the spare being in different size would become issue.
I too agree with the above view. In fact I faced the issue when I upgraded the tyres. My spare is a relatively unused tyre, but its a couple of sizes smaller than my new tyres. If I had done a five wheel rotation, this would not have happened and a five wheel rotation will be done only if all the wheel's are alloy. Very few are going to take the trouble of moving the tyre on the regular rim to the alloy, so as to undertake the rotation.

Another thing that I have heard is that if you leave a tyre too long without using it, it becomes hard and brittle, and thereby affects tyre performance.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:57   #1316
BANNED

Quote:
Yes when the 4 tires won out then you just buy a set of 4 tires and keep sing the spare as a spare. I know ubber quality deteriorates over time but then again you are not using it as a regular tire, you are just using it for 5-10 kms till one gets the puncture done up. It saves you more money also.

Tire upsizing wont be a problem in the new fiesta as the oveall tyre diameter does remain almost the same.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:32   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
In this thread, it was posted by one of the mods, that rear spacing is decent. If we can insert the feet to the bottom of the front seat, it would help to have better thigh support. You can do this in Vento, not in Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
See this is the only problem in the new fiesta Inside seat side view_0773 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think the new fiesta has probably the least leg room in this segment, although shouldn't say anything until I sit in the car. But all the international sedan reviews so far have said the same thing. If you move the drivers seat to comfort level (specially tall drivers) a 6 footer will not be able to sit in the back of that seat comfortably.
True all the international reviews have commented on the rear legroom and this is purely down to the size of the car. The new fiesta is pretty much the same size as the old one so unless they've been very clever with the packaging it was to be expected.

Ive attached the specs from Ford Thailand for the New Fiesta, and the dimensions of the Fiesta Classic. See for yourself, the new Fiesta is just 9mm longer than its predecessor!
Attached Images

Old 23rd May 2011, 13:36   #1318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
True all the international reviews have commented on the rear legroom and this is purely down to the size of the car. The new fiesta is pretty much the same size as the old one so unless they've been very clever with the packaging it was to be expected.

Ive attached the specs from Ford Thailand for the New Fiesta, and the dimensions of the Fiesta Classic. See for yourself, the new Fiesta is just 9mm longer than its predecessor!
Take a look at the width.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:04   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Take a look at the width.
Yes i saw the width, but unless the car has horizontally facing seats i fail to see what width has to do with legroom
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:15   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Yes i saw the width, but unless the car has horizontally facing seats i fail to see what width has to do with legroom
Well then, the length of the car is not a direct measure either. The Linea is as long as they come but that doesn't translate to class best legroom at all. Similarly, the Etios isn't exactly 'long' but you still have excellent legroom. Overall length of the car can only be used as a guiding factor at best.

Rear seat comfort is dependent on various factors - legroom, headroom, under thigh support, seat back angle, width of seats, transmission tunnel, quality of the seat material, shape of the seat, height of the seats and so on. Let's wait till we have a ride in the rear seat to decide on how good it actually is.
niranjanrvce is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks