Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 11:16   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Instead of features, Fiat should look at it's weak link - the engine displacement. A VFM priced 1.6 engine on the Linea could be a killer.
+1 to that. A Linea with 1.6L multijet is the top most on the list of my options & I am ready to wait till mid 2012. I fell in love with this engine just by going through the below link. Hope we get somewhat similar engine specs. I wonder what is stopping Fiat from introducing this in India when it was introduced elsewhere almost 3 years ago.

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine
Old 20th May 2011, 11:27   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
+1 to that. A Linea with 1.6L multijet is the top most on the list of my options & I am ready to wait till mid 2012. I fell in love with this engine just by going through the below link. Hope we get somewhat similar engine specs. I wonder what is stopping Fiat from introducing this in India when it was introduced elsewhere almost 3 years ago.

That makes for a good read. Specifies the technicalities of the 1.6L Multijet engine in detail.

"The engine is supercharged by an electronically-controlled fixed-geometry turbo compressor (for the 105 bhp version) or variable-geometry (for the 120 bhp), to enhance power output while providing very high torque even at low revs."

A turbo compressor is a normal turbocharger but the word 'Supercharger' confused me. I think 'Supercharged' is an expression and not the actual Supercharger itself. Am I right guys?

"1.6 Multijet only needs servicing every 35,000 km"

Amazing but the intervals would be shorter for India due to Indian environment and to help dealer service margins.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:33   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Pathbreaking technology, perhaps?
"supercharged by a turbocharger?"

I'm sure the 35k km interval would have a disclaimer somewhere, guaranteed.
"under standard test conditions"
Old 20th May 2011, 11:54   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

I expect it would be about economies of scale. The 1.3 has reached "national engine" status and hence may be produced at a very low cost. India is a value driven market.

With lower demand and hence higher cost of production, the price difference between the two engines may be seen as unjustified. May make the Fiat more expensive than the Vento, which they may not see as a sell-able proposition.

But with time and the market maturing and looking for better products, all this may change. Or maybe it already has!

Just my 2 paisas.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:25   #1280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
Since i am in the market for a new sedan in the 8-12 lakh range , i went to see the fiesta at select citywalk and to be honest i was dissapointed . The staff at the stall did not know about the car and shockingly they were not allowing people to even see the car , let alone sit inside . If this is a PR stunt it has backfired , no matter how good the fiesta is i wont be considering it anymore.
Yes, the company did hire a bunch of idiots at the mall to display the new fiesta, They have no knowledge. I am sure they wont even know what the word "engine displacement" means.

I was there at the mall on Monday and they did not open the car even when i showed them my company I-card. He simply said, we have no keys. I felt like buying a cappuccino from the fiesta cafe and dumping it on his face.

I guess everyone including me has to wait to get their hands on the car when it will be displayed in the showrooms.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 12:39   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is he a watchman of that mall or a Ford executive?

Relax. Do not base such a high value purchases with ignorable incidents. You could have clicked some pics & post it here
I meant the ford execs standing near the car , i certainly liked the car , but things like these are not good for the company , the whole point of this exercise is to showcase the car to potential customers, as a PR guy i found this very bizzare .
Old 20th May 2011, 13:21   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is he a watchman of that mall or a Ford executive?

Relax. Do not base such a high value purchases with ignorable incidents. You could have clicked some pics & post it here
One should not defer a decision based on such an incident. You could visit the showroom after the car is launched, take a test drive and then decide. I'm sure the showroom people wont be so rude for sure
But I do agree that one annoying bad experience would spoil the whole deal at times. When I went to the TATA showroom near my locality to see the Linea, the sales people where talking amongst themselves. After checking the exteriors, I went in and introduced myself with the group of salesmen there and asked for the key to check out the interiors, when one of them said "Key is not there, come tomorrow" I got so irritated that I din't visit the showroom there after, din't consider the Linea while buying the ANHC too!
Old 20th May 2011, 13:50   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
OT.
Specifically to clear this doubt, i had been to VW showroom just after taking a verna test drive in the back seat.

i don't think it's better by a very significant margin. may be a cm at the max. i'm approx 5'10 1/2". So i can pass 2-3 fingers in both Verna and the Vento between the head and the roof.
Well we share the same height, I'm also 5 Feet 10.5 Inches. I got some time today so will be going to the Hyundai and the VW showrooms and if possible will take pictures of the headroom
Old 20th May 2011, 16:13   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video of the auto-fold mirrors on the new Fiesta. Lock the car to fold the OVRMs and unlock it to open it. Really cool feature. Works like a charm!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 17:45   #1285
BHPian

Guys, here are some more pics of the new Fiesta-

All-New Ford Fiesta India Photo Contest - a set on Flickr

As part of Ford Fiesta’s amateur photographers contest they had shortlisted 12 amateur photographers (including a friend of mine) based on a submission of our previous work and had asked them to shoot pictures of the new ford fiesta and the surroundings at the café setup by Ford in Select City Walk. They have now uploaded the 10 pictures (120 in all) submitted by each of them on Flickr and started the voting process. The top 10 voted pictures, from amongst the 120 will then be shortlisted and a jury will select the best from amongst them.

In case you want to give winning a Sony MicroVault 8 GB USB flash drive a shot, leave behind comments on as many of the pictures from amongst those that you have selected as favorites. Ford will review the comments on the top 5 voted photos to pick 15 winners (i.e. 3 winning comments for each of the top 5 photos) and the winners will get a Sony MicroVault 8 GB USB flash drive.

(oh and... if you'd like to help my friend win, I'd be happy to point out the pictures he's taken )

Last edited by arjyamaj : 20th May 2011 at 17:55.
arjyamaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 18:37   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Guys, here are some more pics of the new Fiesta-
Man...that was some feast for the eyes. Awesome pics. Your friends seems to be a pro photographer. The pics give away all the details about the car that one wants to know. From the looks of it, somehow I thought the rear seat legroom is adequate, if not excellent. Also, the seats looked flat-bed type to me. Not much cushioning.

Otherwise, overall the car looks damn good. Especially the console is superb. The cellphone-like design is quite contemporary. Not a single eye-sore.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 20th May 2011 at 18:38.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:49   #1287
BANNED

Can anyone tell me the difference between nomal "1.6-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel with diesel particulate filter" and ECOnetic "1.6-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel with diesel particulate filter" from the below link. The fuel economy seems to be different for both the models in UK. Normal 1.6 has almost same fuel efficiency as our current 1.4 diesel. But 1.6 econetic has higher fuel efficiency. A big question. Which version is going to serve in india? Normal or ECOnetic?

Ford Fiesta - Small car fuel efficient technology - Ford UK
Old 20th May 2011, 18:52   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Awesome pics. Your friends seems to be a pro photographer.
Yeah, well, he didnt take all of them. Just some. Most of the other photographers are also semi-professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The pics give away all the details about the car that one wants to know.
We're all waiting for a t-bhp test drive now
Old 20th May 2011, 19:03   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Instead of features, Fiat should look at it's weak link - the engine displacement. A VFM priced 1.6 engine on the Linea could be a killer.

Honda is supposedly preparing a diesel, as it should; but is taking too long. Two years. The SX4 had posed a serious challenge to the city when it is was introduced. The Honda came back with force. Let us see how this progresses against the Verna. An interesting battle.
Yes a 1.6 diesel Linea with price on par with new verna SX CRDi diesel would be really great.

And in addition, can price their T-jet on par with Verna SX petrol.
Now that may classify as dream within dream
Old 20th May 2011, 19:09   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Will the powershift automatic be offered by this year end at least? And I would like the automatic to be offered with the diesel engine too. Since this auto is claimed to be faster and more efficient than the manual even, should be a treat for us
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks