Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 10:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scrapping of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
FYI, the rule has been scrapped.
What is the status of 15 year old Petrol car rule in Delhi?

My relative has a 2002 Hyundai Accent in excellent running condition and they were told that the car cannot be re-registered in NCR (or 100km around NCR) anymore.
Old 9th March 2017, 12:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
What is the status of 15 year old Petrol car rule in Delhi?

My relative has a 2002 Hyundai Accent in excellent running condition and they were told that the car cannot be re-registered in NCR (or 100km around NCR) anymore.
For diesel's rule is still in place.
For petrol's, you will have to check with RTO.
There has been no clear communication, ever since this rule came in effect.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:33   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I am going to file an application under Right to Information Act to know about the procedures of registration cancellation and see if there are any specific rule that states that one should scrap the vehicle immediately after cancellation of registration.
Quote:
I will share the details of the information I get out of the RTI act application for everybody's benefit.
Could you kindly give us an update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Is it required to present the vehicle before the RTO before cancelling the registration to scrap the car?
Even I'm looking for an answer as I need to scrap my Delhi registered Esteem which has gone kaput and with me at the opposite end of the Country.
captrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 21:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Could you kindly give us an update?

Even I'm looking for an answer as I need to scrap my Delhi registered Esteem which has gone kaput and with me at the opposite end of the Country.
Sorry for not updating as I had stated earlier.
There was no need to file an RTI application. Talked with an RTO Official who is a friend of my colleague and he confirmed that you have to scrap the vehicle after getting the registration cancelled. So I took my Ambassador for re registration and am happy to say that it is my daily drive

I think in your case you will have to pay the defaulted tax, if there is any, before getting permission to scrap the vehicle.

Last edited by adrian : 1st April 2017 at 21:30.
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:35   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I took my Ambassador for re registration and am happy to say that it is my daily drive
You are lucky. I need to spend a fancy amount to get my car up and running. Not worth the trouble I guess.
Quote:
I took my Ambassador for re registration and am happy to say that it is my daily drive

I think in your case you will have to pay the defaulted tax, if there is any, before getting permission to scrap the vehicle.
Thanks for the information buddy.
captrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:00   #66
BHPian

Bumping an old thread. I have a 12-year-old Honda Unicorn that is rusting in my parking. I want to scrap it but its registered in Punjab and I've relocated to NCR permanently. My local scrap guy refused to buy it unless I get the RC canceled.

Is there a safe and convenient way to dispose of?
Old 7th April 2018, 11:50   #67
BHPian

My sister has a 2002 Honda City 1.3 Exi. The car was purchased and registered at Mumbai. She then moved to Gurgaon, subsequently abroad. The car is in perfect running condition, unfortunately cannot be registered at Mumbai or Delhi. Under no circumstances can she get a NOC from Mumbai as she does not have any contacts there.

She intends to scrap the car at Delhi / Gurgaon. I have the following doubts

1. What documents have to be procured from the scrapper
2. Does the RTO at Mumbai (MH01) have to be informed about the vehicle being scrapped, if yes, how is it to be done.

Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 12:37   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
My sister has a 2002 Honda City 1.3 Exi. The car was purchased and registered at Mumbai. She then moved to Gurgaon, subsequently abroad. The car is in perfect running condition, unfortunately cannot be registered at Mumbai or Delhi. Under no circumstances can she get a NOC from Mumbai as she does not have any contacts there.

She intends to scrap the car at Delhi / Gurgaon. I have the following doubts

1. What documents have to be procured from the scrapper
2. Does the RTO at Mumbai (MH01) have to be informed about the vehicle being scrapped, if yes, how is it to be done.

Thanks
Isn't the RC expired already? Considering its older than 15 years. If its already cancelled, you don't need to get it transferred etc. Maybe speak to someone in Delhi who scraps cars - they can suggest a way out.
Old 7th April 2018, 12:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Isn't the RC expired already? Considering its older than 15 years. If its already cancelled, you don't need to get it transferred etc. Maybe speak to someone in Delhi who scraps cars - they can suggest a way out.
The RC is already expired
Old 28th August 2018, 14:57   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Old vehicles to be scrapped at licensed centres only.

Petrol-run vehicles that are more than 15 years old and diesel vehicles that are 10 years old will now be scrapped at the licensed scrapping centres

Quote:
The aim of the guidelines is to offer an authorized place to owners of ‘end of life’ vehicles to get their vehicles scrapped.

The aim of the guidelines is to offer an authorised place to owners of ‘end of life’ vehicles to get their vehicles scrapped. It would also ensure that scrapped vehicles do not cause any damage to the environment.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 15:30   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Old vehicles to be scrapped at licensed centres only.

Petrol-run vehicles that are more than 15 years old and diesel vehicles that are 10 years old will now be scrapped at the licensed scrapping centres

Link
The news says 15+ years Diesel will be seized, while petrol owners will have to give an undertaking that they will not use the car.
Old 28th August 2018, 16:55   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I don't know about the 1st two processes but the last process is easy. Just contact someone from a place like Chor Bazar (Mumbai). Rest leave it to them.

I don't know about any eco-friendly company which would help you but I think we need one.
I think this is a mistake many people do while getting rid of their vehicles. You have to ensure that the vehicle is no more registered in your name or you could be held liable to any incidents the vehicle could be involved in future though you don't own it anymore

You could also use the below website to scrap your car in India. Its a collaboration between Mahindra and the GOI, so its the most legitimate way to scrap your car in India.
https://cerorecycling.com/

Last edited by Whiplash7 : 28th August 2018 at 16:59.
Whiplash7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:01   #73
BHPian

It's getting closer now..

Vehicle Scrapping: The enormous test that awaits India as the date with mandatory vehicle scrapping nears - The Economic Times

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/66897364.cms
Old 4th December 2018, 13:24   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

I am worried about relatively cheaper car, but i just stumbled onto another thread about the RR Cullinan, which costs about 7 Cr.
I a sure there are only a handful of people who can buy such cars knowing that it will all be a municipality metal fence after 15 years. Many less rich ones might not be able to digest a 100% depreciation.
In such a market, where there is no existence of any vehicles after 10/15 years, wouldn't the market shrink unsustainably for cars like the RRs, S-classes, big jags, the Italian cousins, and the rest?
Old 10th December 2018, 21:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
You could also use the below website to scrap your car in India. Its a collaboration between Mahindra and the GOI, so its the most legitimate way to scrap your car in India.
https://cerorecycling.com/
Thank you! This is very useful. However their site indicates scrapping only in Mumbai and Delhi NCR. Any one aware of reliable agencies in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks