Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 19:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else at the event noticed this board standing in the corner...but it sure as hell made me smile.

To pick a few lines:
The last line "Ford. We started it all" says everything.

GTO - Awesome pics. I liked the way you kept words to the minimum and let the pics do all the talking.

I wonder how much more advanced will the VW plant in Pune will be, considering its more modern and rolls out the the higher-end cars like Passats, et al.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant one. Takes one closer to the maker/manufactures.

The "child parts" approach is great something only your local mechanic and Carnival does. Another thing for others to learn from Ford.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tour, GTO!

Loved the detailed pics and short explanations, felt like I was there

PS: Some of you guys might have missed Dippy's thread on his tour of the Mercedes Factory. Check it out here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...akan-pune.html
Old 21st May 2010, 20:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Report GTO (Marked it 5 *)

Its really nice of Ford to give such a tour & even better to allow you to take pictures, we see some really informative stuff in those pictures
Old 21st May 2010, 20:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great report GTO, really hoping that this thread opens up corporate eyes and TBhp team recieves more such invites, both from India and abroad (of course not if you guys dont want to leave the country for a couple of days).

Odd question, do Ford import their Steel or is it locally supplied??
Old 21st May 2010, 20:30   #36
BHPian

Awesome!
I have been more and more inclined towards a ford product after experiencing the products first hand (fiesta, figo) as also their efforts at making ownership as inexpensive and hassle free as possible
Old 21st May 2010, 20:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics and writeup. All companies should show the courage to invite jounos to the plant and show the process involved in getting the cars you drive. I want to see how Tatas and Marutis are built.

Brilliant idea by Ford to showcase itself as a quality and process oriented manufacturer in India considering they are now in the serious volumes game of hatchbacks and the rapidly growing premium hatchback category. Special focus on spares was an eye opener.

This thread has seriously given me more confidence in considering Ford for a future purchase.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics GTO. The pics really say it all. I hope other manufacturers will follow suit.

Did anyone else accompany you to the plant, or was it you alone ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 21st May 2010 at 20:51.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:04   #39
BHPian

Brilliant Report

GTO, this is simply awesome. What a compilation of the visit to the factory! I have rated this thread 5 stars. Seriously if I had an option, I would have rated it beyond that as well.

This report has brought back nostalgic memories of my 2 years at MUL. In the 1st year as a GET, I had to undergo 2 stints in production. One was on the assembly line of the 800 where I had to assemble the brake booster assy. The first week was extremely tough. Each station had a stop for the car body, for roughly 5-10s, within which the assy had to be completed. My entire body went for a toss in the first 10 days. But it was a fantastic learning experience. The second stint was in the engine assy unit where I had to work on the transmission case assy station. That was equally tiring and wonderful. I also remember ripping export 2 door Zens, Balenos and Esteems on the test track when I had a stint in the VI (Vehicle inspection) dept. That Zen was amazing and I am sure you would have experienced the same with the Fiesta on the track.In fact the whole plant is like a wonderland where one gets to learn a lot.

Those days, visitors were allowed (relatives of employees) on saturday, but no one was ever allowed to take snaps. I am sure Ford is trying to advertise proactively and what better than inviting Team Bhp for this. Kudos to GTO and Team BHP. Hope this sets a trend for more manufacturers to follow suit.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:07   #40
BHPian

wow! amazing stuff! GTO
Old 21st May 2010, 21:10   #41
BHPian

Awesome stuff GTO,really impressive.Ford is really showing off.I can only imagine the fun you must have had there both inside and out.

Just imagine where Ford would have been now if they had launched the Figo instead of the Fusion 6 years back and launched the new fiesta hatch and sedan last year.Pretty sure they would be among top 5 in numbers.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:13   #42
BHPian

Excellent. Amazing. Wow.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:26   #43
BHPian

Brilliant thread, very neatly done... rated 5 stars.

Kudos to Ford for opening their factory doors.

There is the BMW Welt here in Munich, where there is a production line guided tour. I have been to the museum, but not the production line tour yet. Not sure whether cameras are allowed there. Will check it out soon.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:29   #44
Team-BHP Support

Excellent thread, Rush... and lovely pics!
Really made me jealous.

Between, did you discuss anything on their future lineup for India?
Old 21st May 2010, 21:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Very informative thread, being a fiesta owner, I enjoyed every bit of info and pics posted. Thanks again.

Most Viewed