Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 21:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Totally awesome tour!!

btw I love Ford's 'Child Parts' thing!!

I think other car manufacturers should also start something like this!
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:05   #92
BHPian

GTO - You have taken this forum to next level.. I really appreciate that.. Way to go Team-BHP..

It was an awesome learning experience by just walking through the photos...
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:31   #93
BHPian

Very informative thread there GTO. Enjoyed every bit of it.

OT: Were you part of this group as shown on Figo's Facebook page?
Ford Figo's Photos | Facebook

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 22nd May 2010 at 23:32.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:02   #94
BHPian

Excellent

Thanks GTO, for sharing the info. It was simple to understand , as well as informative. And the pics made it an interesting read. While I appreciate Ford India's efforts to improve upon its image of being a pricey company ( as regards the maintenance of its vehicles) , I also wish to add that the concept of changing only the faulty part and not the entire assembly / section in the cars is not new in India. We have been experiencing this in cars like the Padmini and the Amby,as well as in the age old Bajaj scooters.

Last edited by auto-one : 23rd May 2010 at 10:04.
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:42   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But is there no body frames on which the panels are fitted? Or they are just welded only?
GTO, I expect answer to this question also.
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:28   #96
BHPian

Ford guys knew what they were doing, when they let you in with a camera. Striking right where it matters when it comes to making the right impression on a new car buyer.

Excellent work! GTO
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work GTO thats such a nice review.

I am sure even those who work at Ford would be anxious to know how GTO would have reviewed thier factory.
Moreover as mentioned by many not many would have bothered to visit the factory or would have given so much attention to details like GTO's review
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I wanted to know if the line will produce only a certain variant of a certain car during a particular shift or whether it can produce a mix of ZXis, SXIs etc.
Excellent! 5 stars. Truly enjoyed it

On the other hand, I am really curious to know the answer of the quoted question.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is spending money in advertising their k series. But ford has done it brilliantly, using this forum. I would expect the competition to heat up further..
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:48   #100
BHPian

Very good pictures and the whole production process is nicely explained.

I wish other manufacturers follow the Ford initiative and invite Team-BHP for a tour.

By the way, any Videos taken during the tour?
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

felt like i've watched an episode of Mega Factories on NatGeo

awesome!
Old 24th May 2010, 07:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Wow, That was one hell of a guided tour. Thanks a lot GTO, you made my day today when I saw the thread. Its good on Ford's part to make things more transparent and allowed you to take mind boggling snaps of the plant. The Figo lineup was simply good. We would need some more info on the new Fiesta which is expected.
I thing which I noticed is that none of the shop floor guys wore any safety helmets, safety googles and neither did they have any common coverall. They were all in T-shirts. A plant of this size would definelty have some uniform standards. Also I guess there would be a lot of noise being generated in the plant and non of the guys were wearing any ear mufflers either. A big question on the plant safety standard I guess??
All in all a fantastic report true to GTO standards, now BHP does not expect anything less than this from you.
Old 24th May 2010, 08:19   #103
BHPian

I am too late to read this - but loved every bit of your factory review! Thanks GTO for taking the Team BHP experience to a whole new level.

Last edited by diffsoft : 24th May 2010 at 08:20.
Old 24th May 2010, 08:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else at the event noticed this board standing in the corner...but it sure as hell made me smile.

To pick a few lines:
Just the thought scared the heck out of me
Attachment 352154
And a great punchline too: "Ford: We started it all."

Excellent thread. Rare information and excellently presented. Had to rate it 5 stars.

- Prasad.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:57   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I thing which I noticed is that none of the shop floor guys wore any safety helmets, safety googles and neither did they have any common coverall. They were all in T-shirts. A plant of this size would definelty have some uniform standards. Also I guess there would be a lot of noise being generated in the plant and non of the guys were wearing any ear mufflers either. A big question on the plant safety standard I guess??
Ford takes safety very very seriously. It is not required to wear safety helmets and googles everywhere in the plant - it is required only in specific areas. What is insisted on though are safety boots to enter the plant. T-shirts/half shirts in sky blue and navy blue pants are the uniform for shop floor personnel and every one wears that. As for noise, not really - almost all areas of the plant are not noisy - you can hold a normal conversation in most areas as the ambient noise level is not that high.

Most Viewed