Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryashiv1 (Post 1932002)
There is a half page coloured ad in today TOI Mumbai Edition. Somehow the ad is not very great and appealing. And the car shown is same metallic copper colour with Ranbir standing next to it with a very funny face.

They call it camatkar (chamatkar) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1932106)
What nonsense all this advertising is.

What's "uber-cool"? Even worse, what's Ford's completely fictional (?) "Fida"?

Thad, Ford is continuing with the "josh" concept. "fida" is a perfectly valid hindi word, so i see no concerns.

Uber-cool is a very valid lingo for the target audience - the young crowd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1932106)
Hey, such advertising works, or they wouldn't spend a fortune on it. Worldwide. Doesn't say much for the intelligence of us buyers.

It works because we are human beings and have emotions:)
Wouldn't work if we were robots!!! only spec sheet will work then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 1931782)
Nissan has given a press report that it has 400+ bookings for Micra.

for me it looks very pessimistic numbers.

The side profile looks more like Spark

Last week dropped in at Oxford Nissan in Pune. Saw a nice white Nissan Micra. The salesman gave full demo of the car.
He suggested that about 75 bookings were made in Pune!
Price range 4.5 to 6 L

400+ numbers feel very less. I think the tier 2 cities are not even aware of this product. May be the advertising campaing will help. I loved the car. :thumbs up

Looks a lot like the A-Star to me. Sweet little car - hope it does well. Doesn't GM own a substantial stake in Nissan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gupta_chd (Post 1932202)
They call it camatkar (chamatkar) :D

I think the ad said chamatcar

Quote:

Originally Posted by the VTEC guy (Post 1932239)
400+ numbers feel very less. I think the tier 2 cities are not even aware of this product. May be the advertising campaing will help. I loved the car. :thumbs up

With only 11 dealers in the entire country, why would tier 2 cities would be even aware of Micra? 400+ is not bad considering the number of dealerships, that is like close to 40 bookings per dealership even without test drives.

The 1.5 dci/1.4 dci (for India-if there is one available) is the one i am waiting for.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1932215)
Thad, Ford is continuing with the "josh" concept. "fida" is a perfectly valid hindi word, so i see no concerns.

Oh, woops... my ignorance!

Thanks for explaining that: from now on it won't annoy me.

stupid:

Why is the nissanmicra.co.in official website not updated with enough information. I don't think everyone will prefer downloading their pdf brochure to get a look at the car and its features.

I know nissan has been doing poory in maintaining its online reputation (nissan.com is not Nissan's), but a google search for "nissan india" or "nissan micra india" doesn't bring their official website even in the first page.

Saw the colour ad in the Bangalore TOI,Ranbir was making a face as if he had no idea what is this thing standing next to it.

Although the pic was nice,the car has a chunky and well built feel to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1932340)
Thanks for explaining that: from now on it won't annoy me.

Well, glad i could help. Feel free to reach out for further education :D

Not sure if it has been posted here (if it has sorry!). One funky cool feature about this car is that it has i-Key (if i recall correctly!). In this, one needs to simply press a button on the handle, and if it recognizes, it opens the door. Finger printing verification i presume? That's the kind of stuff James Bond's cars come with :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjalihal (Post 1932598)
Not sure if it has been posted here (if it has sorry!). One funky cool feature about this car is that it has i-Key (if i recall correctly!). In this, one needs to simply press a button on the handle, and if it recognizes, it opens the door. Finger printing verification i presume? That's the kind of stuff James Bond's cars come with :)

It's not finger print verification. It just detects proximity of the key and lets anyone open the door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjalihal (Post 1932598)

No mate, it's not fingerprint recognition, if you have the key in your pocket, it recognizes the proximity of the key and opens the lock when you press the button on the handle. So you don't need to take the key out while entering the car. :)