Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-14.html)

A lot of people don't like like the looks of the Micra.
I think it looks cute.
Unfortunately I'm not in the market for 'cute'.
I'm in the market for 'Awesome'!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 1919409)
A lot of people don't like like the looks of the Micra.
I think it looks cute.
Unfortunately I'm not in the market for 'cute'.
I'm in the market for 'Awesome'!!!

Very well said. somehow the cute look is out of fashion in this era of Cut throat competition. I myself will rather go for "awesome" or some looks that says i am aggressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1904841)
Driver airbag in every variant of a small hatch? Wow, that is a first!

"A great move" i thought, but a few moments later i was second guessing it...

- I hope the possible large cost of replacing that airbag (mostly not covered by insurance) doesn't become a dissuading factor.

- I hope this isn't more unsafe for Indian drivers, since a lot of them still do not wear seatbelts, and the airbag is designed to be a Supplementary Restraining System (SRS).

cya
R

i know its off topic but cant help but inform my friends here that Nissan have roped in none other than Ranbir Kapoor to endorse the Micra. They shot the TVC 4 days back with Kites director, Mr Anurag Basu :)
Guess Nissan is really bullish about their car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutvij (Post 1919381)
Don't underestimate Micra's build quality. I happen to check out both cars one after another as their showroom's are stones throw away from each other.

Personally I was quite impressed with Micra than Polo. ... ...

Thank you, rutvij, that is a very useful comparison.

Just on the basis of online brochures and T-BHP threads, so far, I like the size, exterior looks and equipment levels of the Micra best. However, the Polo dashboard and interior looks would keep my eye happier for years to come.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 1919657)
- I hope this isn't more unsafe for Indian drivers, since a lot of them still do not wear seatbelts, and the airbag is designed to be a Supplementary Restraining System (SRS).

I think it is still better to hit an airbag, rather than the windscreen and/or the steering wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 1918542)
It is not as spacious as the Vista but you need to check it out in person to believe how big it actually is. I see you are in Kingston, in which case you need to wait till September-October to check it out

True. I agree that pictures do not convey the whole story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimbly (Post 1918753)
Hey amartya, agree on ur viewpoint about the vista. the micra isnt as spacious as a vista per se, however to find a comfortable driving position i didnt have to push the drivers seat all the way back, (unlike the punto in which i did have to push it all the way back that would make the punto a 3 seater with me driving:)).in this comfortable drivingposition the rear seat offers ample space.
I have an indica vista and space in that car is indeed voluminous.
the pics of the micra does not do justice to the package it provides. i would suggest take look at it in flesh, it tends to grow on u.

Sure, fair enough. I would also like your perspective on the under-thigh support on the backseat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitverma123 (Post 1919727)
i know its off topic but cant help but inform my friends here that Nissan have roped in none other than Ranbir Kapoor to endorse the Micra. They shot the TVC 4 days back with Kites director, Mr Anurag Basu :)
Guess Nissan is really bullish about their car...

They must be betting to be a volume player then but it doesn't show from the delaer network and proposed availability.

Well they certainly have the capacity of being a volume player.Dealership should have been increased,like ford did before launching the Figo.Somehow i have a feeling nissan is not doing this correctly.
Waiting for GTO's test drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1919898)
Sure, fair enough. I would also like your perspective on the under-thigh support on the backseat.

One thing i didnt mention was that the rear seat is rather narrow, seating 3 would be a squeeze. Under thigh support at the rear is decent.

I remember newspaper ads by Nissan which came up 3-4 months ago, seeking new dealers in our state. I hope few pops up pretty soon:thumbs up

btw micra looks like a enlarged alto from the back
a welcome addition is the standard airbags
hope this inspires all the companies to come out with airbags as standard equipment

I just came back from the showroom & trust me guys, this car is dift in pics, it looks BIG when you practically see. It actually looks good...

Its elegant & as many of you have told, the rear seat under thigh support is not at all commendable. I also feel 3 people there would be tough.

Saw the car in he flesh today :) ---well, in the metal, at least ;)

It was at a busy exhibition, and was not the right time to assess the exterior looks, but, in so far as I did look at the outside, it looked fine to me.

Had the chance to sit inside for a few minutes. I was surprised at the amount of knee room. I'd say, no chance of my knees bumping the wheel, or anything else. Good, solid feel to the controls, and the central console is much less ugly than it looks in photos. For gadget-detail lovers, there is a multiple-speed control for intermittent wipe.

Minus points for a feeling that the top of the winscreen/roof is very close to the head. That, although the car seems generally spacious, makes for a cramped feel.

(also checked out the Jazz, and because it is so expensive might as well also see the City, on the Honda stand. VW had a Jetta on display, along with something much bigger (passat? I didn't look... already my "small car" requirement is beginning to creep up the size scale), but, disappointingly, no Polo. I think the company only has one for display, and wants to keep it in the showroom. Whilst sitting in the Jazz didn't do a lot for me, it is hard not to be tempted by the bigger-car comfort of the City or Jetta. By the way, the Jetta comes with the European-standard twelve-year corrosion warranty.)

But this is about the Micra. Will pay a showroom visit soon. Could certainly be happy with that car!

I LIKE the Micra! Good overall features, decent safety features for its class and a nice design.

I read a couple of comments comparing its looks to the Ritz and Beat. IMO, the Micra is not comparable to either. The Micra's design is old-school, unlike "new-age" designs of the Ritz and Beat that make them look Frankesteinian. I won't be surprised if my grandchild goes hunting for first batch Micras in garages to add to his collection, or takes up a Micra restoration project with his pals :)

The fuel lid should have been round; would have gone well with the backlights and overall design.

Nissan India today announced Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as Brand Ambassador for its cars at an event held at the Taj Lands End in Mumbai. Going by the success Ranbir is enjoying these days, I think its a smart move by Nissan to cash in on his popularity.(Similar strategy to what Hyundai did in 1998 with SRK) A hit especially with the ladies. :)

The event began with a presentation on the key features of the Micra. This was followed by Ranbir coming onto stage with 'Bachna Ae Haseeno" playing in the background. I have never seen female reporters of various new channels going into a frenzy like this before. Thats why my earlier line "Smart Move by Nissan".

Ranbir along with Mr Kiminobu Tokuyama, CEO Nissan India and Mr Abhijit Pandit, Vice President for Marketing and Operations Hover Automotive India, unveiled the Nissan Micra to the media on stage. I must admit that this car exceeded my expectations. I never really liked it in the pictures but in the flesh, its really a nice looking car. Its quite big too, somewhere in the range of the i20 in terms of size. Headroom at the rear impressed me a lot and I liked the centre console too. Stylish of you ask me. The boot space however could have been better.

A funny line by Ranbir at the event " Few years ago when I was studying in the USA, I had the chance to drive cars like the 370Z and the GTR" :D I'm sure you know the reason for my grin.

I had the chance to chat up with Mr. Abhijit Pandit over lunch about Nissan's future plans for India. Some important points worth a mention:
Some pics from the event

Mr Abhijit Pandit, Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama with Ranbir Kapoor

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-01.jpg

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-02.jpg

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-03.jpg