Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolnawab (Post 1909824)
Guys,

Here is the exact email sent out by Nissan to folks who enquired about Nicra on their website (www.nissanmicra.co.in):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

date: 26 May 2010 17:44
subject: Invitation
26 May (2 days ago)

Dear Sir / Madam,

We thank you for your enquiry for purchase of Nissan Micra.

We are pleased to announce the launch of Nissan small car for Nissan Micra yesterday (May 25, 2010). Micra received overwhelming when car was displayed and bookings opened yesterday. There were 400 telephonic calls and around 80 walk-ins throughout the day. We booked orders for 15 cars on the first day and this trend is certain to continue.

Please find attached specifications of Nissan Micra for your kind purview.

Tentative pricing would be as under:
Attachment 356919

Prices are indicative only. Final prices as applicable at the time of delivery will have to be paid by customer.

Delivery of the vehicle would commence by July 15, 2010. We expect availability at the rate of 75 vehicles per month.

Booking has commenced and booking amount will be Rs 50000/-. Terms and conditions of supply will be as per contractual document to be signed at the time of booking.

Car is on display in showroom at number 15, Queen’s road, Bangalore.

We invite you to kindly have a look at the car and consider our car for your purchase.

Thanks & regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't bother anybody else that this is barely intelligible?

OK... I know it is not quite like discovering that your surgeon can't string three words together, but it hardly inspires confidence.

Oh well, I suppose it isn't going to stop me buying...

EDIT.... it's worse than I thought:
Quote:

Here is the exact email sent out by Nissan to folks who enquired about Nicra on their website (www.nissanmicra.co.in)
I hadn't noticed that and thought it was just a personal mail

Quote:

Originally Posted by anu21v (Post 1912864)
:D I think Everyone agrees to this fact that SRK had a major role to play in Hyundai's success and which is why Hyundai still persists with him, even after more than 13 years of association. Also one shouldn't really underestimate the Reach of Mr SRK.

Frankly, The reason why so many people gave an initial try to Hyundai was Mr SRK. And once it started selling Maruti was one terrified pussycat, who had to launch its own version of MPFI engine car WagonR. No Argument that Micra seems a good product at least with its feature list, if not the looks, but will it get the same level of visibility that Hyundai Got? Not Likely since there is No SRK2.

If thats the case most of the Indians would have gone for Palio and the same would have ruled the market as Sachin has fans all over India.

IMO, Indian buyer never thinks from his heart when it comes to spend his hard earned money.

I personally think that the styling is not up to my liking. The interiors are too quirky. But, yes, the ladies shall love it, the kitty-party types. It is just not the car I would have in mind whle buying a new one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1912887)

EDIT.... it's worse than I thought:I hadn't noticed that and thought it was just a personal mail

May be the information submitted on the web site gets forwarded to the local dealers and the dealers write back with the local prices, rather than a generic ex-show room price. The from mail clearly says from Shahwar Nissan, a dealer. Right?
That said, I would like Nissan to win here as I always had a soft corner for their cars. Used to own a Sentra and later a Maxima in USA. Great cars, they were.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram.vns (Post 1912998)
If thats the case most of the Indians would have gone for Palio and the same would have ruled the market as Sachin has fans all over India.

IMO, Indian buyer never thinks from his heart when it comes to spend his hard earned money.

Before you can sell a car, You have to bring the car in consideration set (probably top 3 to top 5 choices) of the buyer.... which is where branding and Mr SRK played the most crucial role. Never forget what we are discussing here is whether Customer Gives a chance (consideration set) to a newbie.

For the final sales, the product has to live upto the promises made in branding side and live upto the customer expectation, in order to sustain the gains on consideration.

This is where even after being brought into the Consideration set by sachin, Palio Failed (I am not sure whether it met Fiats's Internal sales target, through if it did, it would still be considered as success internally within FIAT).

The product Palio had a gas guzzling engines, at the time when Fuel efficiency had the over-riding priority even over styling.

I think Enough Digression from Topic, I am sure Nissan has bigger aces under its sleaves and can better that Hyundai Branding Effort. If it is done properly, people instead of hating this awkward design will absolutely Adore it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalavoy (Post 1913177)
May be the information submitted on the web site gets forwarded to the local dealers and the dealers write back with the local prices, rather than a generic ex-show room price. The from mail clearly says from Shahwar Nissan, a dealer. Right?
That said, I would like Nissan to win here as I always had a soft corner for their cars. Used to own a Sentra and later a Maxima in USA. Great cars, they were.

You could be right there, yes. I'm still very keen to see the car, anyway...

I checked out the car personally in Chennai and I had a great time. The showroom staff were at their best, especially Mr Thambi and Jaya at Sherif Nissan. Kudos to you two. The car itself is good and I hope Indians look beyond the styling and take to this good car. It is solid, very well made and very well screwed together. People will rather buy the XE PLUS than the XE. They quoted indicative prices of 4, 4.5 and 5 Ex-Showroom for the three models and added Rs 50,000-60,000 at the max for the on-road price.

great scoop Sid..thanks.

wouldnt the fact that only some cities have a Nissan dealer and just 1 dealer in those cities pose a problem later? does Nissan intend to ramp up their Dealership and service network on a massive scale?

I just checked out the car for a quick few minutes at Sherif Nissan, Velachery. Was impressed with the car. Gave the feeling of a high quality hatchback. It looks better in person and in close. I mean it was tolerable if you thought it was bad. Liked the dash, it was something new and refreshing and plastics were of decent quality too. Rear legroom was just adequate for me after adjusting the front to my comfort.(I am 5'11). Three people behind should be a tight squeeze. Liked the door shut sound, it was a gentle thud sound. I liked it that I kept opening and closing the doors.:). Start Stop button was cool though they dint let me Start the engine.

Overall impression - Micra has great potential assuming that the Jap 3-cyl engine would be better than the Polo's. Even otherwise seems to be a good car that can compete with the likes of Figo, Beat, Ritz, i10, Punto 1.2, etc.

Will they do a Figo w.r.t pricing ? Nissan dealers give indicative prices of 5L ex-showroom for top end. Will they finally undercut the pricing by 10-15k just like what Ford did with Figo?

Considering the amount of comments on the looks itself, we should setup a poll to guage the overall response of the audience . T-BHP might not be an ideal sample set, but it'll come close, i think.

even i checked the car yesterday in Sherif Nissan , Chennai and found the car to be nicely built and with good quality plastics inside . Its not as bad looking as many people indicated in this forum . Especially the blue one displayed over there was quite rich in its look , but personally i didnt like the rear design of the care . Some how i feel that the car would have been well received , if the Nissan had come out with a production model exactly replicating the sketch design they unvieled for this same car some time late last year . Are there any +1 for my last thought ?

Great scoop Sid! especially the prices part. I believe the Indian masses would not mind investing their money on a small player (in India only) like Nissan if the prices are not high. Daewoo during its entry is a classical example. But i agree with many here about the prices being a tad higher. The price point of Figo will be cited to compare any new launches from now on. But hey! these prices are not official. The Nissan guys could be justing testing the waters right now with these prices and based on the bookings, if poor, might even cut the price atleast for the first 6 months. One thing for sure, the better-halfs of many married guys would be making a bee line for it.

[quote=naveenmani;1911994]
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1904794)
New Nissan Micra 1.2 petrol

Key equipment levels:

Interior:
  • automatic climate control (XV)
Micra joins a select list of hatches that have auto climate control
  • Swift ZXi
  • i20 Sportz/Asta
  • Grande Punto Emotion Option
  • Beat LT
have i missed any other?

Even i20 Magna comes with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshA (Post 1913640)
Considering the amount of comments on the looks itself, we should setup a poll to guage the overall response of the audience . T-BHP might not be an ideal sample set, but it'll come close, i think.

Yeah please +1 to that thought. Can someone please set the Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anu21v (Post 1914185)
Yeah please +1 to that thought. Can someone please set the Poll.

+1 to that, even I would want to have a survey on how many like it and how many dont like it. (I dont like it though) the car reminds me of the the movie Chitti Chitti Bang Bang..

Going by fair amount of counting I guess more than atleast 60% of the people dont like the model.

And for heavens sake, not sure why many people call the shots as scoop, come on its a model available in showroom, no one terms these photos as scoop, according to my knowledge.