Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-15.html)

Such a nice move by Nissan India to rope in Ranbir, frankly do they have a choice with the bollywood split between so many heros now its hard to make a pick.

The issue is all the hit films now have more than 2 heros its hard to pick a successful hero nowadays and that too being youthful along with that is a even tougher choice. Only Ranbir can fit the bill.

On hindsight, the appeal of Ranbir is something questionable, I mean if you think about the brand recalls of the ads like that of Ranbir (i.e. Youngisthan of Pepsi and the Panasonic) I did not see much of appeal content in them. And surely nowhere near the appeal that SRK brings in, but as I mentioned before they dont have choice.

Hope thier bet pays off.

Who picked those clothes for Ranbir? He looks more like a Nissan Factory Shop Worker just out of the factory after a long day at work, then a brand ambassador.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1926929)
Who picked those clothes for Ranbir? He looks more like a Nissan Factory Shop Worker just out of the factory after a long day at work, then a brand ambassador.

The jacket and and cap were given to him to wear after he came on stage. They call it "The Nissan Colours"

Quote:

The jacket looks more like a raincoat :D

Hope Ranbir would would have pulled the event with calm and ease.

Quote:

lol: Seems like Ranbir woke up in the morning and then nissan guys call him up please come and sell our cars.
He thought that he will be going for morning jogging so in the return he will also attend that event:uncontrol

nyways nice move by nissan. Atleast now they will have a face in India. Most of the people do not know (in two tier and three tier cities) that nissan makes cars.

Quote:

lol:..Cannot agree with you more. Nissan could have at least got his size and made the jacket to his size. He really looks like he belongs to a Japanese Car Factory (missing the name tag though stupid:)

I have no idea who this guy is. Infact, i've never seen or even heard of him before.

However, after reading the first two para's of Dippy's report, it sure does sound like a good move by Nissan!

In another Micra thread i remember seeing comments like "My wife loved the car" and "Sis fell in love with it". The Micra does have those "cute" looks that tend to appeal to the women -- and its smart to leverage that (as well as this Mr. Ranbir), since the ladies sure do play a LARGE part in the purchase decision for family cars, and ofcourse the number of lady drivers in micra-sized cars on our roads is growing by the minute.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1926879)

A funny line by Ranbir at the event " Few years ago when I was studying in the USA, I had the chance to drive cars like the 370Z and the GTR" :D I'm sure you know the reason for my grin.

Few years ago? 370Z? Am I missing something? I guess the 370Z was only launched in 2008?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1927086)
Few years ago? 370Z? Am I missing something? I guess the 370Z was only launched in 2008?

I guess now you know the reason for my grin after that line. There was no 370Z then

Please get rid of the workman-like outfit on your brand ambassador Nissan! The Micra is the sort of car that would appeal to a female audience, so Kat Kaif as a co-brand ambassador would not be a bad idea.

I'd say he's very poorly dressed for such an event. And I hope the Micra clicks for them otherwise their existence in India will be utterly pointless, no matter how "serious" they are.

GT-R and 370Z a few years ago, it seems :)

Picking a popular actor will not guarantee you the eyeballs.You have to come with a good ad concept to.personally i think it will be very hard to beat the ads made by hyundai and SRK.The first few ads were brilliant and simple displaying all the features of the cars.

Putting Ranbir in a suit would defeat the purpose, he obviously has been appointed brand ambassador with a purpose to get the youth. Hence he was dressed casually for the occasion. He might look like a Nissan factory boy thanks to the jacket and cap but I don't think factory boys would be wearing Gucci shoes :p

He might have goofed up with the 370Z and GTR, but I guess his main aim was to hint that he'd want one gifted like Narian ;)

@Rehaan- Have you really not heard or seen this chap?! No offence but it's kinda hard to miss these bollywood chaps even if you don't watch movies, they are all over the media space !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 1927075)
I have no idea who this guy is. Infact, i've never seen or even heard of him before.

However, after reading the first two para's of Dippy's report, it sure does sound like a good move by Nissan!

In another Micra thread i remember seeing comments like "My wife loved the car" and "Sis fell in love with it". The Micra does have those "cute" looks that tend to appeal to the women -- and its smart to leverage that (as well as this Mr. Ranbir), since the ladies sure do play a LARGE part in the purchase decision for family cars, and ofcourse the number of lady drivers in micra-sized cars on our roads is growing by the minute.

cya
R

I agree. Good move by Nissan. It surely will attract the growing number of lady drivers.

Quote:

"We have 11 dealers now, which will go up to 20 by next month. By this year-end, we are planning 36 dealers and a 100 by 2013," Pandit said.
Source: Nissan unveils its first made-in-India small car Micra-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times