Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2005, 18:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
hi shuvc,i trust autocar the most so it will be refined.of course a 4 pot will be more refined than a 3 pot,but only a comparison test will confirm all aspects.and actually is the fiesta a competition for the accent or the elantra?
Accent, as it is expected to be priced around 7.5 OTR.
Old 27th October 2005, 18:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
cannot say anything.......................................... .................
.i think they will put the same engine in the fusion diesel.

The fusion is available in PETROL ONLY. Yes you're right, the Fiesta Diesel is powered less; its supposed to deliver 18 KM/ltr, we'll have to see how ppl react to that. All along I am talking about the Duratek Petrol with 100 BP, which pumps out horses aove 2000 RPM. If you doubt it ..... please do a test drive of the Fusion. I have driven all kinds of cars under different conditions.

-- AMR

-------------------------
Old 27th October 2005, 21:00   #33
Team-BHP Support

Most silent of below 20L diesels actually. Makes crdi accent sound like a pneumatic hammer
Old 27th October 2005, 21:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

It looks like Ford wanted to take on the Corolla/Optra/Elantra bandwagon with the Focus and chickened out because the sticker price would be too high...hence the attempt to come somwhere in between and try and get a slice of the C+ and D- segments. I have a feeling this is going to be a bit overpriced - I sent the SMS as suggested in the ad and got a call from Chennai from a chap with a very very false americanized accent who pronounced my name as Santos (like the Brazilian version) Men-on and he refused to divulge th price, preferring instead to sing praises of the Duratec and Duratorq engines...I'm not sure how well this will do.

Last edited by Steeroid : 27th October 2005 at 21:06.
Old 27th October 2005, 21:30   #35
BHPian

Fiesta - Ford's ace up its sleeve?

is Ford falling onto the trap of oversized manufacturing of premium midsize segment or this is just one step in right direction...Ford's share in the domestic passenger car market is plummeting like 9 pins, their brand image has taken a lot of beating in the recent past....thanks to Ikon whos hold up some respect otherwise future looks grim for arguably world's finest car makers......it has been projeted to be in the league of elantra and corolla who seems to have struck a love chemistry with indian consumers...ford has got its work cut-out tryin to break the clutter and hit the happy wavelength with hard-to-please indian car market......atleat 10 years of developing fiesta has gotta count for somethin or not?
Old 27th October 2005, 22:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
saw the ad in the Hindustan Times today.
The car is going to be launched on Nov. 15th,
Will come with the durateq and duratorq engines and according to Ford it is going to be priced attratively, so let wait and see.
I like the ad. It's different then the usual Chevrolet/Hyundai ads with the superior FE and space.
Old 28th October 2005, 08:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Boring boring boring
Old 28th October 2005, 11:10   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It may look bland, and Ford may have chickened out of fighting the corolla/Elantra brigade. But I think that the Fiesta is SPOT-ON for the targeted segment.

It is extremely roomy inside, and has fantastic ride quality. If you want power opt for the 100 BHP MPFi, if economy is your style just go ahead with the oil burner. The interiors appear to be modern yet immensely practical. I was reading the Autocar, and the steering/handling/ride seem to be just fine. The NHCs popularity may actually work for Ford since I know of many potential buyers who now want something "different" than the NHC in that segment. Also, not too many would "hate" the Fiestas looks as they do the NHC.

But will Ford get the price right? As someone posted, they have made it a habit of over-pricing and then offering 70 - 80 grand in discounts.

GTO
Old 28th October 2005, 11:30   #39
BHPian

I too saw the ad today in the TOI. Looks are contemporary. The door handles and signal indicators on the side, makes it look upmarket. Expect to be priced a tad bellow NHC and accent crdi.
Old 28th October 2005, 17:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
It is extremely roomy inside, and has fantastic ride quality. If you want power opt for the 100 BHP MPFi, if economy is your style just go ahead with the oil burner. The interiors appear to be modern yet immensely practical. I was reading the Autocar, and the steering/handling/ride seem to be just fine. The NHCs popularity may actually work for Ford since I know of many potential buyers who now want something "different" than the NHC in that segment. Also, not too many would "hate" the Fiestas looks as they do the NHC.

But will Ford get the price right? As someone posted, they have made it a habit of over-pricing and then offering 70 - 80 grand in discounts. GTO
I am betting that Ford will get the pricing wrong and offer all kinds of discounts. The Fiesta is a real rocker.

Just read a posting in Palio Owners at yahoo at long review of the Fiesta. Looks like they have lots of crome inside the cabin and the styling and all round appeal is value for money.

Sure... lots of people WANT a change from the NHC.

--- AMR

---------------
Old 28th October 2005, 17:44   #41
Team-BHP Support

Hell, this segment (Rs.6-7 lakh) desperatly needs some more competitors!! Even going by the few short previews of the Fiesta, I'd pick it over the Baleno or the NHC or the Lancer.
Old 28th October 2005, 17:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
Just read a posting in Palio Owners at yahoo at long review of the Fiesta. Looks like they have lots of crome inside the cabin and the styling and all round appeal is value for money.
Get hold of the latest Autocar. It has a 3 or 4 page first drive review with quite a few snaps.
Looks very very promising as a car .. all that remains is the price. Autocar talks about the features in the top variant. If they offer the top variant petrol around
7 L OTR , it would be a steal ...
Old 28th October 2005, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Get hold of the latest Autocar. It has a 3 or 4 page first drive review with quite a few snaps.
Looks very very promising as a car .. all that remains is the price. Autocar talks about the features in the top variant. If they offer the top variant petrol around
7 L OTR , it would be a steal ...
Shuvc,

Thanks for the inputs. Ill check this out today.... don't want to miss out on something as jucy as that. 7 L looks too good to be true.

== AMR

--------------------
Old 28th October 2005, 18:27   #44
BANNED

Anybody know if the Fiesta is mod friendly? Heh!
Old 28th October 2005, 18:58   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
Is Ford offering the TN people any special discount secretly without letting the nation know?

-- AMR

------------------------
Traditionaly Diesel Cars have a good market in South India. The Esteem Diesel for Eg. was launched in South India first.
Almost all diesels are a hit here, save for the Fiat Palio/Petra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks