Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 20:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
I don't think this works on my cousins Verna (Petrol) - I'm quite certain, as I've been caught with the key in my hand and the windows still down several times - will reconfirm this weekend.

This is the best feature of the lot though
The windows in my Aveo can be rolled up till 30 seconds after the key is removed. Provided you do not open the door in those 30 seconds. So try in your cousins Verna, without opening the doors.

Regards
Old 9th June 2010, 20:26   #47
J.Ravi

• After a few weeks I bought my Fiat Linea, I found out that all the doors could be central-locked manually from inside by pressing the lever on the door of either the driver or front passenger.
  • Features I learnt from Team-BHP postings:
  • If parking lamp on only one side is to be switched on [boon in case of parking on one-way road], operate the indicator stalk to the desired side and switch on the parking lamp, which will be lit, even after the ignition key is removed.
  • The fuel-filler flap can be opened manually from outside, by pulling a thread hanging on the side-wall of the boot after opening the boot.
  • The outside rear view mirrors could be back-folded towards the fender, which helps in minor bruhses.
  • These features, explained above, have not been mentioned in the owner's handbook.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th June 2010 at 20:28.
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 20:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

I risk being laughed at but it was only after a while since I started driving that I realised that the mist on the windshield can be cleaned off using your airconditioner. Aahh but this was loooooong back.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I risk being laughed at but it was only after a while since I started driving that I realised that the mist on the windshield can be cleaned off using your airconditioner. Aahh but this was loooooong back.
hehe.. since i used to drive the Amby majority of the time, the way to defog the windscreen was to either keep wiping it with a towel or open the windows (to let the air force in)! only after my dad got the Cielo did i figure out the use of the defogger
Old 9th June 2010, 21:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Tell me about that. I searched high and low for the AC button in the Punto - took me 3 days to figure out that the knob was the AC button. Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
When I went for PDI of my Punto, I was searching for the AC button and couldn't find it, then played around with the knobs and found out about the 'push the fan knob' feature to turn on AC.
So there are more guys who got puzzled with Punto's AC button! Looks like this is one thing which many users of this car found out by surprise later!

For me, I found it out just by noticing the AC symbol (water crystal shape) on the knob itself. Another thing which I noted is, it won't let you push and turn on AC when the fan is turned off!

Last edited by clevermax : 9th June 2010 at 21:35.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
  • After a few weeks I bought my Fiat Linea, I found out that all the doors could be central-locked manually from inside by pressing the lever on the door of either the driver or front passenger.
  • Features I learnt from Team-BHP postings:
  • If parking lamp on only one side is to be switched on [boon in case of parking on one-way road], operate the indicator stalk to the desired side and switch on the parking lamp, which will be lit, even after the ignition key is removed.
  • The fuel-filler flap can be opened manually from outside, by pulling a thread hanging on the side-wall of the boot after opening the boot.
  • The outside rear view mirrors could be back-folded towards the fender, which helps in minor bruhses.
  • These features, explained above, have not been mentioned in the owner's handbook.
That's informative. And as far as the bold text is concerned, something similar exists in the VW Jetta too!
Old 9th June 2010, 22:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
It is this thingy ( borrowed again from Joethomasv's ownership thread)

I have also wondered what it is for?. It does not have any soft liner. Nice hidden storage spot though.

Attachment 364104
I believe, this is the wallet holder (IIRC).
Old 9th June 2010, 23:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe.. since i used to drive the Amby majority of the time, the way to defog the windscreen was to either keep wiping it with a towel or open the windows (to let the air force in)! only after my dad got the Cielo did i figure out the use of the defogger
Cool! In my case it was the Premier Padmini and the one before that too was a Premier Padmini with front door lever near the front fender.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
In Punto it works like this, you keep the fan blower position to 1-4 for the blower to function. For AC, you press the fan knob inwards and a light glows on the knob indicating that the AC is switched on. Basically, the AC button is within the fan knob.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10th June 2010, 08:44   #55
BHPian

Discovered below in my Palio

1. Coin holder which is very neat and convenient
2. When we hold the wiper stalk in manual mode the speed increases after few seconds
3. One can spray and wipe the wind shield independently
4. Again you can't switch off in high beam as posted earlier
5. Off-late cabin light goes off when the door is left opened. Not sure if its a problem or a feature now
6. Need to shake the steering a little bit for unlocking the steering wheel. Never had such experience with my dad's vehicle.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I discovered the rear-bumper running light on my Swift, after having assumed it was a reflector.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I discovered the rear-bumper running light on my Swift, after having assumed it was a reflector.
This seems to be most common discovery.
4 people have already reported discovering this after some time of owning the vehicle.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:01   #58
SDP
Team-BHP Support

After going through this thread, I thought really heard to recollect whether I have discovered any hidden feature in my Alto Lx.
Seems like Maruti has done a fantastic job in hiding all the features in the Alto Lx so that I am still to discover any

PS : Just kidding guys. Carry on with the discoveries.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

If you roll down the rear power windows a bit and switch on the rear window lock switch - you will not be able to roll up / roll down the rear windows, even after switching off the window lock switch.

Restart the car to make it work again

Last edited by planet_rocker : 10th June 2010 at 11:03.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
If you roll down the rear power windows a bit and switch on the rear window lock switch - you will not be able to roll up / roll down the rear windows, even after switching off the window lock switch.

Restart the car to make it work again
which car is this? in the Getz, if i press the window lock, i (the driver) can control only the driver side window. to use the others, i've to disengage the window lock.

restart the car, eh? you work for Microsoft?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks