Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 11:09   #166
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-BHP Support :The discussion on how the Verna looks has gone long enough. Henceforth, please only post on this thread when you have comments on other factors (other changes to the facelift version, engine, driving experience, ride & handling, equipment, pricing, dealership experience etc.).
Old 29th June 2010, 18:16   #167
BHPian

the front side reminds me of ford fiesta
btw Hyundai have always given the latest products in India
Old 29th June 2010, 19:13   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Note from Team-BHP Support :The discussion on how the Verna looks has gone long enough. Henceforth, please only post on this thread when you have comments on other factors (other changes to the facelift version, engine, driving experience, ride & handling, equipment, pricing, dealership experience etc.).
I totally agree with you but then apart from looks is there anything new in this 'new' Verna that we can discuss here?

I see no point in keeping this thread alive!!
Old 30th June 2010, 17:38   #169
BHPian

I'll smoke out the grill and be happy. I hope it doesnt sell. so that they dish out phat discounts
Old 5th July 2010, 16:07   #170
BHPian

somehow i do find the Transform better than the previous generation verna, looks more trendy now
Old 5th July 2010, 17:16   #171
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday NDTV aired first glimpse on their program (The Car and Bike Show).
Comments are same as before. Hence I wont say anything.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:07   #172
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

has anybody seen the ad for the new verna...its all over the channels...the dynamic by dna is begining to make sense....car taking the turn at ad end well with the aeromodelling plane along side...good unique concept...

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2010 at 11:28. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 9th July 2010, 00:41   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvDdicted View Post
has anybody seen the ad for the new verna...its all over the channels...the dynamic by dna is begining to make sense....car taking the turn at ad end well with the aeromodelling plane along side...good unique concept...
While the concept is unique, i think its plain dangerous. I wanted them to put at least customary warning not to try these blah blah. Driving a car with co-passenger operating a radio plane?
Old 9th July 2010, 01:40   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvDdicted View Post
I ...think... it...is...plain...stupid.

Especially for the Verna, which has poor handling and steering feedback. By the way, that doesn't mean that people won't buy the Transform.

Last edited by Amartya : 9th July 2010 at 01:42.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:05   #175
Senior - BHPian

Except for the tragic front grille, the new Verna Transform looks good. It now comes with ACC too.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

When a newer version of a car is launched, the leftover older version goes on discounts. But looking at this newer version of Verna, I wonder if the dealers charge a premium on remaining older stock.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

I did have a look at the new Verna in the Hyundai showroom, for me I do not know why it doesnt look that bad at all.
I had a look at the grey one, it looks OK, frankly if unmentioned, I bet people would not even notice the difference in the grill.

There were people having test drive, family members dint seem to complain at the looks at all.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Except for the tragic front grille, the new Verna Transform looks good. It now comes with ACC too.

Pre-Transform Verna had an ACC too. AFAIK it was standard on all petrol variants. I remember because around October 2006 (was just launched then) it was the one of the two cars in C+ segment that had an ACC. The other being Baleno VXi.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 10th July 2010 at 23:02.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:06   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Pre-Transform Verna had an ACC too. AFAIK it was standard on all petrol variants. I remember because around October 2006 (was just launched then) it was the one of the two cars in C+ segment that had an ACC. The other being Baleno VXi.

Regards.

My bad. You are right. Even the CRDi's had it.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:17   #180
BHPian

I thought Mahindra was the king of ugly cars, but Hyundai has taken the crown back. Hail to the King!

I get the feeling that this redesign was done by a committee with no discussion or sharing of ideas. Individual parts don't look that bad, but the overall look is quite horrible. There are a lot of Fiesta parts in there, like the fog lamps and lower grille. JishD has made it look a lot better. I hope Hyundai responds at least as fast as Honda did with a grille redesign.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks