Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2005, 00:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
adya33 thinks like my head and amit like my heart
So who do you listen to when taking a decision? Head or Heart?
I guess you know by now what I use to take any decision.
Old 27th October 2005, 17:16   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
So who do you listen to when taking a decision? Head or Heart?
I guess you know by now what I use to take any decision.
I beg everyones forgiveness for me going off-topic in here...

Amit when it comes to buying a car or modifying a car in India, I let my head rule over my heart. Thing is I really don't like any car sold in our country thats within my budget (top most I could or would buy is the E class and that too with me stretching my budget to the maximum. Sorry, my car has to be my car from day one and I will never take finance for a car). These cars that are available here don't give that international appeal and owner satisfaction. Worst of all, I see the Indian version of all cars to be one big cost-cutting game where each player (manufacturer) is playing to outbeat the other is cost-cutting and stripping down their Indian models... I really don't have an interesting choice and that makes it sadly easy for me to think the way I do.

Anyway, I like your style too... At least you're a happier person than me who always thinks a 1000 times before choosing a car. What to do? No matter which company manufactures a car or how cheap it is, it has to be a winner on most possible fronts to be mine.

I forgot! the import duty and taxes one pays in India are another story! :WTF:

Last edited by ported_head : 27th October 2005 at 17:38.
Old 27th October 2005, 19:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Amit, the problem is that Jetta competes with Corolla/Civic globally and its the Passat that competes with Accord/Camry. Now Skoda India is trying to push the Octy/Jetta into the Accord market.
Old 28th October 2005, 00:04   #64
BHPian

Guys , I am in touch with Skoda India officials(aurangabad) since
last one month and finally i got the statement from them that the new octavia launch is planned in the month of december but due to some reasons it could be delayed and at the most ll be in the showrooms by the end of jan 2006 .

Yup the car would cost in the accord territory(or may be little more)
and the ON ROAD price in delhi would be between 16- 16.5 lac and the car would be having 16 inches alloys , full leather upholstery and all the features people expect in this price category and whether or no this model ll ve the DSG technology and 140 bhp diesel is still not confirmed but if it does come then the accord would be having no place ,atleast in my garage ....

If the car does come with all the adove godies then as amit said it would be fantastic value for money and by no means overpriced ....
Old 28th October 2005, 02:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
:
No matter which company manufactures a car or how cheap it is, it has to be a winner on most possible fronts to be mine.
Exactly my thoughts .... and i can tell you wait for the new octavia and you ll never regret your decision .

Quote:
These cars that are available here don't give that international appeal and owner satisfaction. Worst of all, I see the Indian version of all cars to be one big cost-cutting game where each player (manufacturer) is playing to outbeat the other is cost-cutting and stripping down their Indian models... I really don't have an interesting choice and that makes it sadly easy for me to think the way I do.
Cant put it better, i completly agree and this has been the only reason why i am not been able to purchase any car (after my long gone octavia) nearly an year cos i just dont find anything which even comes close to satisfy me .... but i think the wait is more or less over for people like you and i cos the new octavia is just round the corner and i am extremely sure that it 'll bring all the joy/smiles back to my face the way the old octavia did but only if they price it sensibly .
Old 10th November 2005, 14:54   #66
BHPian

Confirmed : Skoda's New A5 launch in this November

Yes guys you heard it right , the wait is finally over and the New Octavia or should i say the A5 will be launched within this month with the Ex showroom price of Rs. 16 - 17 lacs , i was not told the exact pricing as the price varies from one state to aother .

This was just confirmed on phone to me from one of the Skodas Senior Officials(Aurangabad) . The New car will be fully loaded with Leather all round , ABS , Auto AC and everything you would expect from a car of its segment but again i am not sure whether it will be having 140 hp Diesel with the DSG gearbox or no but whatever i was told i guess it would be 103 bhp Diesel with Manual Transmission but they may launch the above in the coming few months .

Now the best news what really will separate the current octavia from the new A5 is that the New car will NOT be named Octavia , it will be launched in india with a different ,all together a New name . So that means all the A5 Owners would never be known as/called octavia owners .

I feel if they price the car in between 16-16.5 (x showroom delhi) than it will eat up huge share of accord .... Remember , this is not a petrol , its a Diesel and that to a World Class !

p.s V1p3r buddy i 've a not so good news for you , the Fabias launch is being postponed for another two years . I wonder it ll ever make it to India .
Old 10th November 2005, 14:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

old topic/ thread.

you could have posted taht in teh old thread after SEARCHing
Old 10th November 2005, 14:58   #68
Team-BHP Support

Threads Merged.

BTW, I spoke to the Skoda office as well and heard that it would only hit the roads by Jan next year. November is highly doubtful.
Old 10th November 2005, 15:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

lol, thats fast.

and jan is late. i guess many would liked to buy one by new year.
Old 10th November 2005, 15:06   #70
BHPian

I know it is but earlier it was only a speculation but now it is confirmed kinda officialy and that the new A5 will be launched under a new name is as new to me as its new name ll be .

haha really fast ......

@ Rtech : I dont think it would take two months for any mnfr to bring the car on road after its launch . However , even if it is , i think we all would rather wait for one or may be two more months before signing that cheque cos at the end of the day we all want to lay our hands for that 2006 car not for the 05 model. It would be worth the wait .

Last edited by Beemer : 10th November 2005 at 15:17.
Old 10th November 2005, 15:25   #71
Team-BHP Support

I still feel Skoda are aiming too high with their pricing. They can call it whatever they want, but it is what it is, a Golf with a boot, and a whole segment lower than the Accord.

The New Civic will eat up all competition when it's launched next year.
Old 10th November 2005, 15:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I still feel Skoda are aiming too high with their pricing. They can call it whatever they want, but it is what it is, a Golf with a boot, and a whole segment lower than the Accord.
yep .. now they'll be playing Honda's own image/brand game in Honda's own backyard !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
The New Civic will eat up all competition when it's launched next year.
That it should ..
Old 10th November 2005, 18:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

The Civic should be eating up the competition next year....but not if the New Skoda Octavia RS with a 220bhp engine is launched. There is no doubt it'll smoke the Civic. But then ofcourse there's gonna be another nex-gen Civic The comptition is just gonna go on ladat
Old 10th November 2005, 18:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the New car will NOT be named Octavia , it will be launched in india with a different ,all together a New name .
Something is seriously wrong with Skoda India! Either they think we Indians are stupid or blind. They can give any name to the A5 but anyone will see that the car looks exactly like the Octavia. It's going to be about 7 inches longer then the A4 Octavia ( I say this because the A5 Jetta is 7" longer then the A4) but it will look the same as the current Octavia. I don't see how Skoda thinks they can give the Octavia a new name and get away with pricing it at 16-17 lakhs. I wonder who is giving such "brilliant" ideas to Skoda and more improtantly, who in the company (the CEO?) is actually listening and buying these ideas!
Old 10th November 2005, 20:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Something is seriously wrong with Skoda India! Either they think we Indians are stupid or blind. They can give any name to the A5 but anyone will see that the car looks exactly like the Octavia. It's going to be about 7 inches longer then the A4 Octavia ( I say this because the A5 Jetta is 7" longer then the A4) but it will look the same as the current Octavia. I don't see how Skoda thinks they can give the Octavia a new name and get away with pricing it at 16-17 lakhs. I wonder who is giving such "brilliant" ideas to Skoda and more improtantly, who in the company (the CEO?) is actually listening and buying these ideas!
completely agree.
As it is even the huge Superb looks similar to the Octavia.
i think skoda has gone a little bizzare since a few years.When they launched the Superb they went on to compare it with the E-class .Now will anyone in India buy that ?

according to me MRRP for the A5 Octavia is 12L for the rider,14L for the RS and 14.5-15L for the L&K.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks