Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:24   #106
jp1
BHPian

Re: Sleek Tata Nanos to Replace Rasping Autos

My recent visit to Colombo, I happened to see many Nano Taxis (all were LX model), right from Airport and all throughout Colombo.
Old 5th December 2014, 17:12   #107
Senior - BHPian

Low cost Tata Nano cabs by TaxiForSure in Bengaluru

Commuters of Bengaluru now get the option to be ferried around in Tata Nano taxis and pay lower fares than regular auto rickshaws!

TaxiForSure, an organised cab service provider has introduced a Tata Nano taxi option in the city of Bengaluru costing Rs. 25 for the first 2 kms and Rs. 10/km thereafter. This aggressive pricing came as a shocker to the auto rickshaw operators, more so, since they charge Rs. 25 for the first 1.9 km and Rs. 13/km thereafter. Being a 24 hour service, fares for the day and night remain the same.

Initially, 100 Nano cabs will ferry passengers on the streets to start off with. TaxiForSure doesn't own any of these cabs; instead, Nano owners / drivers can become partners and share daily earnings in a pre-determined ratio. These drivers will also receive incentives based on their trip targets.

The Nano cabs can be called for via the TaxiForSure mobile app too available through the 'pick now' option only.

Sleek Tata Nanos to Replace Rasping Autos-taxiforsurenanotaxi.jpg

Last edited by S2!!! : 5th December 2014 at 17:17.
S2!!! is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 17:39   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably time to expect some brick bats, strikes and even some violence. Hope that these Nanos & their drivers remain safe.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 18:03   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

This venture in BLR is simply too good. Totally towards the wellness and benefits of us - the consumers. Mango people.

So I think this will be first met with violence. And then the government will shut it down citing "welfare" of auto and taxi operators. (Who aren't capable enough of a fair competition.)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:36   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

The tourist cabs & rikshaw thugs have a reason to worry even more with this movement. A cosy 4 door Nano with a proper roof and windows that is cheaper than a rickety rick blowing the dusty cold city air right on your face and eyes.

I'm happy that there are finally more transport options and best part is we don't have to beg for autos to take us someplace & give them an even bigger bargaining chip for an extra 20-30 bucks. If their implementation is perfect and their cabs can arrive on time, I see no reason why I should take an auto ever.

I'll use the Taxi For Sure service first time next week as an experiment. The rates are reasonable enough to try and do office trips (hardly 6km), it will save me a lot of effort & tension on somedays, if successful. The autos can throw all the hissy-fits they want.. they had it coming and were blindsided completely, bingo.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:37   #111
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Great news. Should be the norm across India but will the auto unions and politicians and Bajaj let this happen.

Hope it is successful. Will do more for Road safety than any other single move.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 23:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Finally. I'm happy people will be able to travel in a safer & more graceful way.

Obviously, since it's the beginning, there'll be low availability. But as time passes, and if they find it viable, the numbers will grow.

Also happy someone decent has taken it up. The present rick drivers here don't need price competition, but mainly need to concentrate on behaviour.

Price : They would soon make it to a realistic 15/km soon, but IMO worth choosing over a rick.

It'll now finally reach the common man that it was supposed to, like Ratan Tata originally wanted. This should've been done 3-4 years ago, but anyway, atleast someone at Tata Motors seems to've woken up.

And it's important Bangalore came up with a strong taxi service, the roads are becoming more and more choked with excessive & impatient traffic. That too with SO many vehicles like large sedans or SUV's, having a single driver.

Let it sell rather than discontinue like Manza.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th December 2014 at 23:03.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 00:19   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

The good thing with these non-unionized entities is that they can revise the rates. The unionised groups will never reduce the prices. Consequently, I have found that a round trip to drop some one is cheaper than taking a rick.
The TFS Nano's look a much better option than rick's - esp if you can plan ahead & book one for your travel time
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 14:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

I forsee these Nanos being a super hit with users. We need not have to haggle with uncouth rick drivers. Have had some really bad experiences with them even being localite. Besides they will be a boon for outstation tourists.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 19:30   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw one of these today afternoon. Looks cute and suits the car.

The rates being less than an autorickshaw is a great sellip point but OLA mini were the ones who started this 10Rs/Km tariff.
Though I have not used them, I have heard that not many OLA minis are not available. And many times they ask people who have called for minis to upgrade to OLA normal cabs at a higher tariff Hopefully 'taxi for sure' service is better.

As far as the safety of the drivers against goon rickshaw drivers topic, I think it wont be a problem. because these taxi drivers are no pushovers and most probably they will be ex-auto drivers themselves

I just hope it becomes a hit and the nano volumes increase.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 23:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

I don't see a reason why this should not succeed. And, feeding on that success, I hope they'll soon be as widely available as auto-rickshaws and I don't have to call a number to book one but instead I just flag it down on the street, board and go.

Last edited by safari_lover : 6th December 2014 at 23:26.
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 17:18   #117
BHPian

If my recent experience is anything to go by, then Taxi4sure needs to revamp their existing infra before things get more messy and volumes shoot further up.

In the last 1 week I had to spend at least 15+ minutes on the phone before I got so speak to someone for a booking.

The cab that was supposed to pick me up late night did not turn up even after 20 minutes past the scheduled time. Finally got through to the driver who mentioned the cab had broken down and he has been trying to reach the call center for a replacement, but without success.

I did manage to get an alternative, but again only after having spent close to 20 minutes on the phone majority of which was being on the queue to speak to the call center executive. Adding to the pain was that I had to endure the running Ad about the new rates throughout, while I was on the queue.

Since it was for an official purpose I could not use an app (third party softwares not allowed on the official BB).
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 09:37   #118
BHPian

Anyone has tried these? What are the chances you will really get this cab within the next 15 mins as claimed. I doubt everyone who tries will get lucky. Unless one can rely on getting this when they want, it will be difficult for this to catch on.
Also, looks like the only way to get this is via the App or Mobile site, which is not as convenient as hailing a auto/taxi.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 10:08   #119
BHPian

With petrol price where it is today, Nano's running cost is less than Rs. 4.5 per km. Add to it the low service costs, it makes for a really good option for within city cab service.
avingodb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:55   #120
BHPian

While it's definitely good news for the consumers and probably for 'Taxi For Sure' and Tata Motors in the short run, won't this move of the Tata's cast a taxi image on Nano, affecting its sales in passenger vehicle segment even more? Or has Tata already given up on the Nano, and is content with it going the Indica way?
arunkrishnan4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks