Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 22:43   #31
BHPian

Key question is - have they done anything about the world famout TATA Motors quality?
Old 21st January 2010, 12:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Aria is a body on ladder chassis set up and on most counts is a development on existing safari with very different dimensions. All their chassis layout and architecture have roots in the Tatamobile pick up launched in 1987 where they started so in the case of the estate, Sierra, Sumo, Safari, Grand and now Aria are all extentions of the orignal base which is what most manufactureres do as there is immence data on driving characteristic accumulated and perfected over years.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Ah.. the Classic Land Rover style bonnet and lights. I saw it today near TML plant an hour or so back. In the dark couldnt make out much but, it seemed to have the same breadth as of current safari but the lenght seemed shorter, might be due to missing tail mounted spare wheel

Edit: Missed telling the new design of the foot boards. and those rims are R16's. Am i the only one to see the exhaust coming out of the rear bumper ?

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the update. Can you please manage some latest pictures of the same if possible.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:16   #34
BHPian

I will miss the spare wheel on tail gate, looks like this is TATAs step to do away with tail gate rattling issue.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:53   #35
BHPian

An Update to current safari is due in market too any time now. It too features dual tone leather seats, changed colour platter, revised instrument cluster, BS IV compliance and some other changes as have been evident from model parked in Auto Expo 2010.

I have updated a complete list of upgrades in this safari in thread: '2010 Tata Safari' considering this thread was reserved for only new generation Safari.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:19   #36
BHPian

man i am nervous. i am not a fan of the tata's in house design team. i really hope they don't go the grande way!! but i liked the aria. after manza its. so nice to watch! i think it looks better than the innova!

Last edited by Caramelo : 21st January 2010 at 15:20.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant03 View Post
Key question is - have they done anything about the world famout TATA Motors quality?
you are 100% right. you touch any plastic and it will fall off...that's how every TM car is. i had to ram the door 5 times to shut it properly in a nano.
the plastic quality of the door handle of the top end safari was so bad that i almost hurt my finger.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:48   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
you are 100% right. you touch any plastic and it will fall off...that's how every TM car is. i had to ram the door 5 times to shut it properly in a nano.
the plastic quality of the door handle of the top end safari was so bad that i almost hurt my finger.

Beg to differ, Yep should have experienced the quality first hand having used the safari for 9 years and also having experienced the best in plastics with other vehicles that I have.

Ouch that hurt, but frankly the pastic quality - especially today - from the Vista, Manza and possibly in future the Aira and to some extent even the current Safari and the MKII grande is quite strong, and largely elegant, the doors close with a much better thud than the marutis - even in the case of the nano.

So lets not go down that path, this anyways a thread for the new vehicle, and the Aria, Manza, Vista quality is closer to representing what we would get.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Beg to differ, Yep should have experienced the quality first hand having used the safari for 9 years and also having experienced the best in plastics with other vehicles that I have.

Ouch that hurt, but frankly the pastic quality - especially today - from the Vista, Manza and possibly in future the Aira and to some extent even the current Safari and the MKII grande is quite strong, and largely elegant, the doors close with a much better thud than the marutis - even in the case of the nano.

So lets not go down that path, this anyways a thread for the new vehicle, and the Aria, Manza, Vista quality is closer to representing what we would get.
I fully agree. Now TATA plastic quality should be and must be reviewed ONLY by keeping their latest generation launches which convincingly vouches their notched up quality be it plastics , fit anf finish or the over all execution. (Though Exception to MKii dash design/execution)
Old 21st January 2010, 18:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

I think its not right to review Tata's quality simply based on the recent models, that would be severely unfair to the Tata naysayers who would have little else to complain about. We should always think about all the folks who lost their limbs trying to open and close the doors of Tata vehicles (at least 5 times). Amit V8 'Get well soon'.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

wow, this is exciting. Hope they take the quality further from the Manza/Aria leavel.
Though the spare on underbody is a disappointment, wish the overall design becomes a hit.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think its not right to review Tata's quality simply based on the recent models, that would be severely unfair to the Tata naysayers who would have little else to complain about. We should always think about all the folks who lost their limbs trying to open and close the doors of Tata vehicles (at least 5 times). Amit V8 'Get well soon'.
I completely agree. People need to be allowed to complain about Tata else no fun!!! After all, Tata Motors is synonymous with everything that is bad in Indian Automobile Industry. Right! Small contributions from this company in progress of Indian automobile sector are just too minute in front of their glorious errors on fit & finish front in initial years. BAD TATA BAD.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:28   #43
BHPian

Hi friends,

I read some where in the forum that the 2010 safari is already out. Its the same safari with some cosmetic changes. But i think this is a complete new design. I think many suprises in this car as we got in ARIA.

But when????
when TATA will lunch this?

Many buyers waiting like me for this new beast.

PLZ TATA lunch this beauty before another recession.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well just a reminded this thread is for New generation Safari, Safari 2010 has a dedicated thread.

Amit v8 you must always watch out for those sharp blades hidden under the door handle by dis-grunted workers in tata plant before you board any Safari.
Old 21st January 2010, 20:58   #45
BHPian

Also if Tata has got anything at all right (I mean a big if) then its all because Italian (Fiat) engineers came down and helped them. You see Fiat engineers have very well developed civic sense and they wanted to do social service for their Indian counterparts.

I drove the new Tata Nano and its nowhere refined as a Jazz. How disappointing!

Anyways I eagerly wait for the all new Safari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks