Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 09:31   #196
Senior - BHPian

first official pic courtesy carscoop.

The new 1.0 litre engine is a 3 cylinder unit producing 68 bhp. No torque figures were available. The model looks like the asta variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-2011hyundaii10.jpg  

Old 14th September 2010, 09:51   #197
BHPian

Sid, so i10 will; now have three different engine options??

1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine
1.1 litre irde
1.2 litre VTVT
(No Kappa anymore, as claimed by hyundai, so many million dollars of money spent on it and now they won't be used in i10 anymore?? Strange)

This 1.0 liter i10 may be to counter Alto K10 plus to cover the falling sales of Santro. But then Cost will have to go down to 3.5l to 4l OTR now!
Old 14th September 2010, 10:00   #198
Senior - BHPian

1.2 VTVT is the same kappa engine but now with variable valve timing technology. 1.0 is for export markets only from the info that I got. 1.1 will be continued for Indian market. Any changes if in store will be updated.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:09   #199
Senior - BHPian

Nice pieces of information falling in!
Has Hyundai always been so secretive about their launches? - any TD/review coming up Sid?
I like the foglamps, mesh grille, short antenna and blinkers in ORVM!
The VTVT-fication of the Kappa would mean improvemnt in the B2B driving, as people had complains over shifting between 1-2 gears so often.

Last edited by blackasta : 14th September 2010 at 10:10.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:15   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hi All,

I have just got in touch with Trident Hyundai in Bangalore, Here are the OTR prices they quoted for facelifted i10:

Magna : 502535
Sportz: 535531
Asta : 612014 (almost 30 K more for the sunroof option)

Demo vehicle to be available by 20 Sept 2010.

The SA however has no clue if the VTVT is gonna come on 1.2 Kappa or on smaller 1.1 engine.
What are the OTR prices of the current generation i10 in Bangalore? how much is the difference in pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Wow that was fast.How come they have already announced the price but have no clue about engine options?
I am sure that even if Hyundai has provided details of engine options to dealerships, 90% of the sales persons will not even be able to pronounce VTVT, unless they are given a piece of paper containing all details which they can mug up and parrot out to customers.

My colleague had enquired about i10, few days back and the dealer keeps calling him with additional discounts/offers if he completes the delivery by 23rd. So my guess is that some official news or a demo vehicle is expected on 24th.

OT: I educated my friend about the soon to arrive facelift on 24th, and he got in touch with his SP. I guess, the SP sensed a lost business opportunity, and told him that "hyundai is going to launch a new model sir, and it is called Centi-Phe. It is a big SUV and it will be out of your budget".
Old 14th September 2010, 11:03   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
OT: I educated my friend about the soon to arrive facelift on 24th, and he got in touch with his SP. I guess, the SP sensed a lost business opportunity, and told him that "hyundai is going to launch a new model sir, and it is called Centi-Phe. It is a big SUV and it will be out of your budget".
Centi-Phe (Santa Fe) was hilarious... it actually took me some time to realise the vehicle he was referring to. This one should be in the jokes or other thread where we post the comments of our noob acquaintances who show off their auto-gyan.

Nonetheless, I wish Hyundai could replace the 1.1L irde (being old, but still good to drive as ever) with the new 1L engine in both Santro & i10.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:08   #202
BHPian

I was planning on booking a i10 Magna by Navratri, but if the prices for the facelift are any indication, the Magna version would now cost ~5L OTR. Looks like the Ritz just got really attractive
Old 14th September 2010, 11:39   #203
Senior - BHPian

Front frill reminds me Tuscon, it looks very matured. A challenge to Beat's Grill.

I hope they do not give up AT models, any information about AT gearbox, power etc?
Old 14th September 2010, 13:42   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
I was planning on booking a i10 Magna by Navratri, but if the prices for the facelift are any indication, the Magna version would now cost ~5L OTR. Looks like the Ritz just got really attractive
Yeah ,the bonnet crease line reminds me of the ritz but not the grille .
Old 14th September 2010, 14:17   #205
BHPian

Does anyone think that they will port the 1.2 VTVT to i20 too? Would it improve the performance of the i20?
Old 14th September 2010, 14:46   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Launch date: September 27th.

Variants:
  • 1.1 IRDE D-lite
  • 1.1 IRDE Era
  • 1.1 IRDE Magna
  • 1.2 Kappa VTVT Magna
  • 1.2 Kappa VTVT Sportz
  • 1.2 Kappa VTVT Sportz with 13" alloys and driver airbag*
  • 1.2 Kappa VTVT asta with standard ABS, airbags dual and 13" alloy wheels.
Audio standard in Sportz and Asta with USB and aux-in, and a seperate remote.

The colour pictured in the 1.2 magna is carbon grey, a new shade.

More will be updated shortly.

*will be confirmed at launch time.
What happens to the AT ? Will it be discontinued ?
Old 14th September 2010, 15:23   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Does anyone think that they will port the 1.2 VTVT to i20 too? Would it improve the performance of the i20?
Off course , but only time will tell when HMIL decides to bring it .

On the other hand , it will be really interesting to see whether maruti suzuki brings in the vvti variant of the SWIFT or not , after seeing the launch of i10 vtvt.
Old 14th September 2010, 15:36   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Kalpeshc, as such for normal driving it is still not underpowered. Try the BSIV version once.

Please note that though i20 shares the same engine as i10, i20 is tuned differently. There are fewer gear changes in i20 in city compared to i10.
This is OT, but can others confirm this observation??

However, the VTVT engine whenever it comes will definitely add punch.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:12   #209
Senior - BHPian

How much ever punch you pack in is nothing as long as the chassis is not capable to carry that power without much ado. This is where the i10 loses out big time. Although its a huge leap over the Santro, its nowhere near the Figo and Swift as far as handling is concerned.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:55   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
How much ever punch you pack in is nothing as long as the chassis is not capable to carry that power without much ado. This is where the i10 loses out big time. Although its a huge leap over the Santro, its nowhere near the Figo and Swift as far as handling is concerned.
Rightly said longhorn, even if the engine technology is improving by leaps and bounds i am shocked as to why Hyundai never ever tried improving the handling of i10!! The ride and handling is just average.

Personally i am more concerned about ride, as i would not try to corner at high speeds. the car is great on smooth roads, but on bad roads
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks