Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 15:42   #541
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm going to look like an idiot if I defend Honda's move on this one.

And that's precisely why I'm not going to defend them.

WTH Honda? Why omit something like head-restraints when you can include ABS and Airbags.

Do you think this has something to do with cost-cutting? Or was the Brio's rear seat designed without head-restraints?

But this is, ahem, India. The same place where some guy squeezed in 18 odd people in a Maruti 800.
Exactly - This is india! The world cheapest car is not bought by the common man, but by families who probably already own a sedan and want a smaller, no frills car! The common man stays away from the car because buying that car implicitly makes him look "poor".

Understanding the market is so important in this country!

Quote:
The only reason I can think of is, people buy super-minis like the Brio and the A-Star not to ferry 4 people all the time. Such cars are aimed at customers who are single, young, unmarried, etc. People who generally don't use or require the rear seats. This is the trend in most developed markets.
And for such markets, they usually have a coupe! But the small cars in india come 4 door, with a backseat (unfortunately - sans the headrests, the tiniest legroom and headroom!)
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 16:27   #542
BHPian

Hello guys,

Had a talk with sundaram honda chennai (Remember I work for a TVS group company) few minutes back. Asked about Brio pricing. They said that Brio will be priced betwen 4.5 to 5.2L ex show room.
I feel 5.2 for a Brio is too high as I can settle for base Jazz for 37K more.

Also they said that Brio will be available for display only from Oct 1st week. Another month to go.

Barath
barathvajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 16:34   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Hello guys,

Had a talk with sundaram honda chennai (Remember I work for a TVS group company) few minutes back. Asked about Brio pricing. They said that Brio will be priced betwen 4.5 to 5.2L ex show room.
I feel 5.2 for a Brio is too high as I can settle for base Jazz for 37K more.

Also they said that Brio will be available for display only from Oct 1st week. Another month to go.

Barath
Precisely my opinion. If we need to shell anything close to 5L ex-showroom for Brio with safety features, we might as well go for the base Jazz
Old 5th September 2011, 16:59   #544
Senior - BHPian

Anything above 5L would be tough as folks would stretch more and go for Jazz instead which is atleast a segment higher if not two..
Old 5th September 2011, 18:29   #545
BHPian

In a country where many have the opinion why I need ABS and Airbag giving these as option might just work for Honda. Please note with both of these included we are talking about a 15-20% increase in price. That is a lot for the intended customer base. This works very well for Maruti. At least Honda is right in making these optional(not sure if its for all variants).
Old 5th September 2011, 18:51   #546
BHPian

Quote:
I'm going to look like an idiot if I defend
WTH Honda? Why omit something like head-restraints when you can include ABS and Airbags.

Do you think this has something to do with cost-cutting? Or was the Brio's rear seat designed without head-restraints?
I checked RavenAvi's post that has the photos of Brio and the rear seats do have head rests; however they are integrated a la many other cars such as Etios, Liva, even i10 (?). Or is that am missing / seeing something here ?
Old 5th September 2011, 18:57   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
I checked RavenAvi's post that has the photos of Brio and the rear seats do have head rests; however they are integrated a la many other cars such as Etios, Liva, even i10 (?). Or is that am missing / seeing something here ?
The head-restraints are integrated, but they're rather small and insignificant, if the occupant is a taller person. I'm sure anyone above 6 feet would have a problem with the head-restraints. It would give him a crick in the neck.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:07   #548
Senior - BHPian

In ACI road test,top speed has been mentioned as limited to 140 in 4th and 5th gears,is it?
Old 6th September 2011, 09:35   #549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
In ACI road test,top speed has been mentioned as limited to 140 in 4th and 5th gears,is it?
Taking safety into account, it's only wise to limit it to 140. Here in India, we do have heroes who try their car's top-speed when they get the chance, so it's a good thing. The 1.2 in the Brio could take it to 150-160 tops, I'd say. So it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Plus, I would never drive a hatchback at 140. It's just plain scary, and I don't have the genitalia to try that. I would rather respect the car's abilities and stick to the laws marked by the state.
Old 6th September 2011, 09:51   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Plus, I would never drive a hatchback at 140. It's just plain scary, and I don't have the genitalia to try that. I would rather respect the car's abilities and stick to the laws marked by the state.
+1
I have done 140 on a couple of hatchbacks. It was fun alright but had its fare share of scary moments. Even the tiniest of tiny potholes and bumps can unsettle the car.
Old 6th September 2011, 10:37   #551
Senior - BHPian

There is a report in economic times yesterday that says that Honda might not equip the Brio with ABS and airbags in the base variant.There say if they do so,starting prices will be too high and in order to keep it competitive,safety features might be omitted.

I think thats ok,but what i hope they do is that they should keep it as standard in the mid and the highest variant.
Old 6th September 2011, 10:45   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
There is a report in economic times yesterday that says that Honda might not equip the Brio with ABS and airbags in the base variant.There say if they do so,starting prices will be too high and in order to keep it competitive,safety features might be omitted.

I think thats ok,but what i hope they do is that they should keep it as standard in the mid and the highest variant.
They are standard on the mid (S) and the top (V) variants.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:10   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yeah, but the 0-100kph timing is awesome - 12.47 secs!! Beats the new Swift (14.5 secs). I guess, this puts it just under the 1.6 power hatches.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:48   #554
Senior - BHPian

From the video review, it looks like a perfect city hatch. Couldn't help but notice how the lady was driving without keeping to her lanes during turns
Old 6th September 2011, 14:50   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
From the video review, it looks like a perfect city hatch. Couldn't help but notice how the lady was driving without keeping to her lanes during turns
Yup I found that funny too. Why was she not keeping lanes. I guess this is a habit among most of us and is very frustrating.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks