Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:40   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

The Brio is one promising little car. It does not look good, but does not look bad either. It looks odd enough for people to give the car a second glance.. so basically won't be lost in the crowd like the Etios Liva. I wish that chrome front grill is optional though !

The interiors are also nicely done, and from the reports quality also seems to be good.

With Honda's safety policy even the base model will be sold with airbags+abs, and going by the Jazz's recent price cut i see a nice starting price point for the Brio.

Actually from the initial reviews you can't find anything wrong with it, except maybe the small boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Guys my family rejected jazz because they believe that service and spare costs for honda will be very high. Now I m liking Brio too. Is the usual guise of high cost of Honda vehicles compared to maruti /Hyundai in spares and service dept very true? How correct is this assumption? Any expert advice?
Honda maintenance is not expensive for regular services (A little more than MSIL, but not that high that you reject a Honda). The big bills will come when you go for accidental repair. This can be taken care of with the zero dep. insurance policies.
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:51   #482
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
While the interior looks good, IMO the i10 would still walk away with the honour of having the best interior for its class.
Seriously?? Does not have rear map pockets,flat folding rear seat, no split folding seat, no head restraints, & storage space. We have a i10, hate the interiors and the car in general. Got it only for the auto transmission (love that part alone). After driving the Ritz, loved the interior features.

Last edited by prasadee : 2nd September 2011 at 09:54.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:14   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Seriously?? Does not have rear map pockets,flat folding rear seat, no split folding seat, no head restraints, & storage space. We have a i10, hate the interiors and the car in general. Got it only for the auto transmission (love that part alone). After driving the Ritz, loved the interior features.
Guess you have the Magna which is the base model for 1.2. I guess most the features you wish should be available in the Sports and Asta.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:52   #484
Senior - BHPian

Honda Brio Road Test By MotorBeam

Source:

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:13   #485
BHPian

Below picture should put to rest any apprehension regarding heater and defogger.
Edit - front windshield defogger.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_16.jpg  

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 2nd September 2011 at 12:30.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:22   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Below picture should put to rest any apprehension regarding heater and defogger.
Heater part is fine, but there does not seem to be any defogger for the rear glass.

A different topic - did anyone notice that the reported 0-100 times are lower than the Jazz. I guess Jazz was something like 12.xx. Brio times reported are 13.xx inspite of lower kerb weight. So much for the gearing difference.

Last edited by dipen : 2nd September 2011 at 12:24.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:40   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I am comparing the top end variants of both the cars. In those trims the interiors of gen 2 i10 is more appealing in my opinion.
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:00   #488
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Heater part is fine, but there does not seem to be any defogger for the rear glass.

A different topic - did anyone notice that the reported 0-100 times are lower than the Jazz. I guess Jazz was something like 12.xx. Brio times reported are 13.xx inspite of lower kerb weight. So much for the gearing difference.
Where did you find the 0-100 times for Brio.
Jazz 0-100 time as per autocar is 13.02 secs or so..I think a nicely run-in Jazz can do a 0-100 of around 12.5 secs.

I had expected Brio to be ~12 secs or so which would have made it one of the fastest hatchbacks in the country and quite a pocket-rocket.

Looks like Honda tuned it for maximum FE. I don't think they can make the gearing any taller..Jazz already has a very tall gearing which results in not-so-good low end response. Anything taller than that will affect driveability even more and can make life difficult for city driving which does not make sense for the positioning of the Brio.
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:03   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Where did you find the 0-100 times for Brio.
Jazz 0-100 time as per autocar is 13.02 secs or so..I think a nicely run-in Jazz can do a 0-100 of around 12.5 secs.

I had expected Brio to be ~12 secs or so which would have made it one of the fastest hatchbacks in the country and quite a pocket-rocket.
* 0-100kmph: 13.50 seconds (Est)
Source : Honda Brio Test Drive Review | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:25   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
It's one hot chilli pepper, come guy's start to enjoy the difference, snap out of the drab shapes you see day in and day out. I'm just sold on this shape. It's got everything from alloys to airbags to ABS and EBD and the tyre's are 175/65 R14, my old Accent came with just 13 incher's. Honda has gone the whole hog. Now cross your fingers and pray that it doesn't shoot itself in the foot again by pricing it like the Jazz at launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Quirky design ! Not able to decide whether it is good or not.
I am sure the design will grow on you. remember the response to Santro when it was launched! My only worry is that how will Honda cope with the volume of cars to service. If it is a success, then they will be under pressure to maintain the standards, and the club like atmosphere. Also, at some point they will have to tell the dealerships to stop the service every three months tune!

I am waiting for the AT version to be announced. I am a customer for sure.

Last edited by sgiitk : 2nd September 2011 at 14:29.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:18   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My only worry is that how will Honda cope with the volume of cars to service. If it is a success, then they will be under pressure to maintain the standards, and the club like atmosphere. Also, at some point they will have to tell the dealerships to stop the service every three months tune!
Now I was also thinking the same point, I am guessing one way Honda would do is price it slightly higher and improve the reliability / quality part.
This would ensure that instead of chasing the figures of 5-6K per month.
They will end up having 1.5 to 3K which would be manageable, but provide the owners a premium feel, similar to the Jazz owners club.
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:30   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am sure the design will grow on you. remember the response to Santro when it was launched!
I agree, the Brio design will grow on us.
But i beg to differ on the Santro part. In 99 one had very few options compared to a plethora of cars we have today. Where they liked the tall boy(1st gen) or not they had to go for it because they had only Maruti to fall back on.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:08   #493
BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee tweets:

"Brio best small hatch to drive. Rev-happy engine and pointy handling will delight enthusiasts. Ride a bit choppy and it looks too small"

Cant wait for the Tbhp review!
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:20   #494
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a very neat package. It will be a stellar, if Honda manages to provide safety features standard on all models.
Honda should in my opinion.

And I am very certain Honda will price the Brio very aggressively as the smallest Honda will need to keep 'some' distance to the big brother Jazz.

The Autocar India Show is here. The boot door is strong indeed.

Courtesy: BloombergUTV

Last edited by deetjohn : 2nd September 2011 at 18:28. Reason: Adding the link
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:28   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee tweets:

"Brio best small hatch to drive. Rev-happy engine and pointy handling will delight enthusiasts. Ride a bit choppy and it looks too small"

Cant wait for the Tbhp review!
with the right kind of pricing it take recover the losses made by its bigger sibling...Jazz.

honda was quick to read, study and make the car for indian market.

its difficult to make a small car, yet honda has done it!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks