Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:13   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: November 2010 - Indian car sales figures

Feel sorry for Fiat. Hope others take some lessons out of it.
Capitalism has two requirements to succeed- Great product AND satisfied customers.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:54   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Feel sorry for Fiat. Hope others take some lessons out of it.
Capitalism has two requirements to succeed- Great product AND satisfied customers.
Main reasons I feel for FIATs dismal figures for december is
1. No discounts offered for year end while all others were luring customers with attractive offers. Only offer during year end was a referral scheme where the referrer gets a GPS device.
2. Dealers not at all stocking the cars due to year end. My friend who went to enquire about Linea last month was told to have a full wait period (6 weeks) to deliver the car as they have ZERO stock of any color in their yard. This definitely must have lost many customers to FIAT.

Anyway hoping for the best from Jan onwards and feels that it will be back to its moderate figures (2000+).
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:06   #153
BHPian

I think Fiat's performance is dismal to say the least. At 271 nos, they must be feeling the pinch to core. Indian consumers somehow have not been able to put the trust on this brand. All upgrades (Punto 90HP, Linea Tjet) haven't been able to resurrect the sales at all. It is only folks in this forum who seem to be raving about Fiat.

I somehow feel, Fiat should pro actively start sharing its Diesel engines to MSIL and Tata so that they atleast make some money this way. Common Fiat get the 1.6MJD for SX4 or Kizashi.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:39   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Fiat needs to set up some exclusive dealerships, and fast.....
Customers are not putting their money in FIAT cars. The fact also is that no dealers are willing to put money in FIAT only dealerships. The only path remains is company owned dealerships and that takes a lot of investment and time.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Dealers not at all stocking the cars due to year end. My friend who went to enquire about Linea last month was told to have a full wait period (6 weeks) to deliver the car as they have ZERO stock of any color in their yard. This definitely must have lost many customers to FIAT.
True.
FIAT dealers had hardly any supply of new cars this month.
Mostly they were selling unsold vehicles from previous cancellations.
Chennai has 5 FIAT dealers and none them were able to take a booking for a new Punto(i.e other than the few ones lying in the yard for months)

Maybe this was FIAT India's strategy, to not end up having a huge inventry of unsold 2010 models.

Last edited by Daewood : 3rd January 2011 at 14:41.
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:45   #156
PCS
BHPian

December Figures

Cruze - 622

Altis - 917

Civic - 275 !!!!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

seems like the Altis Diesel is making its mark- I see a fair amount of them in Mumbai, including some cabs.

Note from Mod : December 2010 sales have been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on that link. Thread closed.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2011 at 18:25. Reason: Adding thread closure note + link to December 2010 thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks