Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:08   #31
BHPian

GTO, is it possible for you to give the sale numbers of the Skoda Superb 1.8 TFSI and the 2.0 diesel separately?
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:28   #32
BHPian

disappointing sales for HONDA.
Good to see Fabia sales picking up.
Disaster sales for FIAT.
Even Jazz (1 engine option) is outselling Linea (3 engine options) and I am sure even the petrol Punto
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

The novelty factor of the Figo is wearing off.people have starte noticing that the interiors do not look good enough for a ca priced at 6 lacs( on road price for TDCI titanium in Noida)

Moreover with the year end round the corner dealers would not like to build inventory. That should explain lower figures for the City. Maruti not affected as they have a capacity constraint and the market is lapping up all that Mul cn produce.

With the launch of the Etios there will be lot of market disruptionn esp in the B+ and lower C sement. Just waitinf for Toyota to launch the Etios hatch back.

Etios seems to be heading for long waiting lists. Maruti will do well to ramp up production fast. The Dzire will face competition for the first time.Expect the waiting list to disappear and discounts to start.

What I want. Etios Diesel hatch at 5 lacs fot a middle variant.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:44   #34
BHPian

Tata Nano

Has tata lost the plot with nano? Going by the sales number Rs 3-5 lacs segment is the one to go for as it gets the biggest numbers with Alto,swift,wagon R, i10 all witnessing numbers in excess of 12000.

With the benefit of hindsight, it seems that car is more of an aspirational product and people want a product with more power and in a higher segment than nano if and when they upgrade from two wheelers. With the economy growing aspirations are also growing. A few incidents involving nano catching fire hasn't helped the image either.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Note the Vento cost not much more than a Polo to manufacture but gives much better margins so I think production must have been diverted to the Vento.

Am surprised on the no of Fabias though. Sale of the Superb have slowed down though
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

+1, Polo+Vento numbers remain constant at about 4400 since the launch of Vento.This may be their production capability at the moment. Vento's margin being high VW is pushing Vento for the moment.Over all the VW figure reflects more of the production constraints rather than the actual demand. This going by the long waiting list for both the cars.

Last edited by poloman : 2nd December 2010 at 11:09.
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Could someone tell me where these many number of Bolero's are being sold ? 6k + which is almost double the sales figure of Scorpio.
Bolero is primarily sold in the semi urban and rural markets.coming from Mahindra's stable,this brand has strong presence in these markets.In-fact for many rural buyers,bolero is a brand extension of the Jeep.

Even though it is based on a decades old platform, its high ground clearance makes it easier to drive on rural Indian roads. Equipped with 2500 cc diesel engine, it has become the vehicle of choice for rural population.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 2nd December 2010 at 11:38.
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:31   #38
BHPian

I am not sure if the figs for Fiat are correct cos in Bangalore itself, I have seen so many brand new Lineas and Puntos recently. Or maybe they were October dispatches being delivered in nov. Anyhow, looks a little odd.

Or is it that people have stopped buying cars in Nov/ Dec and waiting for Jan to get 2011 cars?
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:38   #39
BHPian

classification of sales in xls

I have captured the raw data in xls format to have a sort of analysis.

I have classified the models into Entry Hatch, Midsize Hatch, Entry Sedan, Midsize Sedan, Premium Sedan, MUV & Jeep, SUV & Much More. Classification is based on my perception. Again some models might be cross classified in my perception.

GTO (& other pros), if you think there is a better classification, let me/us know.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Nov 2010 India car sales.xls (35.5 KB, 1036 views)
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:42   #40
BHPian

Vento is not eating just Honda up.
Earlier SX4 and Verna used to have decent figures of 1500+.
Now those two have come down to 1300-1400.

Looks like Verna, SX4,Linea, Fiesta (still there? ) are all going to be affected in a big way.

Are we going to see another ANHC in the form of Vento? (similar to old marketing usage of "closeup ka ek colgate dena" )

SX4,Verna,Fiesta, I am afraid, all these will go the Linea way. It'll be just Vento Vs ANHC. That won't be a good thing, but Maruti and Hyundai won't mind too much since these two cars never have been their bread-winners. It's more to show that we too are in this segment.

When ETIOS gets going Dzire,i20 and the others are going to have a similar effect, me thinks.

And what will happen to Swift and her friends/rivals when Honda launches Brio?

Will be an extremely interesting market to see from Jan onwards.

Good thing, customers have umpteen number of choices available.
Sad thing, re-sale value of lots of cars might go down drastically.

In India, cars are becoming like electronic goods. (I know this is a huge exaggeration,still...). Maybe 5 yrs down the line, Indians will just be buying new cars instead of taking the pains to maintain old ones. Big boost for used car markets. I hope banks do something good on the interest rates on loam for used cars.
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:46   #41
BHPian

Nano is facing a not-so-nano problem. The base version of the car no longer costs 1 lacs but almost 1.3 lacs on road. Does not have a A/C. The top version almost costs 2 lacs on road so people will prefer to shell out some more and buy Alto. Even if one buys a Nano top version the image remains of the base version - a 1 lakh car.
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

@bkbkr1212,

I am sure you will feel the same way when the new Fiesta is going to be launched. Its already notched up good figures in the European market and is anticipated to do the same in Indian market too.

Its always going to be an initial craze. Now its Vento, tomorrow it might be Etios and then some other model. I guess no manufacturer can keep churning bread winners every month/year with an exception to Dzire which somehow has been selling like hot pancakes month after month.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:07   #43
BHPian

Extremly poor numbers from Fiat there. Being a Linea owner its disappointing to see a wonderful product spoilt by poor Marketing.

Both the products offer much more value than the competitors. Rather than concentrating too much on bringing further improvements in product, I think its high time Fiat Started agreesive marketing for Linea/Punto. Since its launch have not seen a roadside hoarding adverting Linea/Punto. On the other hand look at VW how they are advertising their products and brand.

Apart from poor advertising just throwing a few reasons for poor sales and may be T-jet launch affected the overall sales of other Linea variants due to following perceptions,

T-jet launch confused the customers in the sense 1.4 Fire may go away soon. Those planning for 1.4 Fire went away.

Those planning for 1.4 Fire (in 8.5L range) earlier were going for it because of premium placement. With T-jet 1.4 Fire Emo-Pack lost the premium offering making people look elsewhere.

With T-jet came a new Petrol engine. May be people thought soon 1.3MJD would also get a sibling. Lets wait or stay away or look elsewhere.

Having said that, somewhere agree with sarmarishi. Even have seen an increasing number of Linea/Punto in Thane/Mumbai area, but numbers posted tell a different story.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:21   #44
BHPian

I am not too surprised by these numbers. The festive season is gone and done with. No dealer would like to have year end inventories.
The first 6 months of next year will interesting.

But i am still completely stumped by nano numbers though!
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:31   #45
BHPian

Vento would have had the shortest honeymoon, Thanks to Etios.
And the fantastic T-Jet sales are appalling. I envy the list of options sedan buyers have now. How I wish to have had the same list in November 2009!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks