Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 22:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nano Plus is here and how !

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Ahem! Ahem!
Well, there has been some modifications on that department not too extreme to the extent of change in engine but yes, humble nano will now be much less of a noisy neighbour !
Can only confirm after inspecting the vehicle in true flesh hence did not include in my list of confirmed changes.
would the Nano Plus have left side OVRM? I have been seeing some nano's with the same.Honestly speaking, i didnt find the noise of the Nano that annoying, i compared the same to the humble fiat 1100's; they sound the same
Old 8th November 2011, 23:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD
Tata needs to use its clout to make the base Nano a replacement for the autorickshaw. In places having extreme climate like NCR, it is a FAR better option for the average joe.

And it doesnt occupy too much space either compared to the humble auto !
That is one thing Tata would never want to do. It will be the final nail in the coffin of the car that's already declared officially Asa "flop". Once Nano taxis start running around, the select few prospective private buyers will also drop.

Tata is trying its level best to project Nano as a private car (ads conveying emotion, not providing LPG/CNG variant, etc). Not sure what the Nano diesel will end up being.

Vista (inspite of being a good product) sales are languishing because of Indica's cab legacy. Tata releases the sales numbers of Indica & Vista combined, wherein most of the sales are of EV2 bought by fleet operators. Tata knows about it and are subtly trying to get away from the taxi-maker image (Aria, Grande, etc.)
Old 9th November 2011, 01:41   #78
BHPian

re: Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12

I think that the reason for poor sales of the Nano that scare away potential buyers is that Tata has skipped basic, essential features that come with a car.

I for one would like to see them provide a left side ORVM and glovebox as standars across variants. Power steering can be offered as an upgrade.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
That is one thing Tata would never want to do. It will be the final nail in the coffin of the car that's already declared officially Asa "flop". Once Nano taxis start running around, the select few prospective private buyers will also drop.

Tata is trying its level best to project Nano as a private car (ads conveying emotion, not providing LPG/CNG variant, etc). Not sure what the Nano diesel will end up being.

Vista (inspite of being a good product) sales are languishing because of Indica's cab legacy. Tata releases the sales numbers of Indica & Vista combined, wherein most of the sales are of EV2 bought by fleet operators. Tata knows about it and are subtly trying to get away from the taxi-maker image (Aria, Grande, etc.)
Tata is making goodd cars for the money they charge us but their fit and finish and after sales is very bad . They must have more control of the quality of products their vendors make.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:53   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel a diesel engine in the Nano should get things rolling at the Tata assembly line. The Nano diesel will easily overlap with the Alto and Eon. With the ever increasing cost of petrol the customers in that segment must be eagerly waiting for a diesel option which is non existent at present. Nano diesel might just write its own success story as it will have a monopoly of a kind.

What I am concerned about is that how is Tata going to keep the NVH levels down. The Petrol Nano has a bothersome engine sound filtering in the cabin. A diesel heart will accentuate that problem by many folds.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
While it was rumoured to bring major changes to the little car, TATA seem to have shied away from any such drastic improvements.

More info to follow soon !
May be I missed this, does the Nano currently get the LHS rearview mirror ?
If not, I hope Tata does see the sense to offer this one as standard considering the current traffic behaviour in our cities.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:23   #82
BHPian

Canadian Newspaper "The Globe and Mail" has published this report recently.

India’s Nano hits bumps on the road
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12-nanochart_1339307a.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 11:42   #83
BHPian

CVT against manual/Automatic?

I am not aware if Nano is offered in CVT. If so that would be a good idea to introduce it in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post

Old 9th November 2011, 15:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:

21.3 kmpl with CVT - wonder why it wasn't launched in India. Any idea at what price it is sold in Canada?

Come on Tata, shoehorn a diesel into the Nano along with the CVT and price it at Rs 2.99 lakhs - I will take two
Old 9th November 2011, 15:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
21.3 kmpl with CVT - wonder why it wasn't launched in India. Any idea at what price it is sold in Canada?

Come on Tata, shoehorn a diesel into the Nano along with the CVT and price it at Rs 2.99 lakhs - I will take two
If this specification is given by TATA, then it will surly rule the entry segment. This would even overpower Alto/ Santro /EON.

But, I certainly have doubts that this wouldbe offered to Indian customers. Sometime I wonder why such differentiation is done by all car companies while launching same products in India and overseas.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Canadian paper has done a shoddy job of reporting. The thumbnail is full of factual errors like:
  1. Engine made by Bosch
  2. No emission control
  3. Luggage compartment at front
  4. Battery under the bonnet
  5. CVT transmission
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 20:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
would the Nano Plus have left side OVRM? I have been seeing some nano's with the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
May be I missed this, does the Nano currently get the LHS rearview mirror ?
If not, I hope Tata does see the sense to offer this one as standard considering the current traffic behaviour in our cities.
TATA is selling LHS ORVM in TASC for Rs. 726/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Honestly speaking, i didnt find the noise of the Nano that annoying, i compared the same to the humble fiat 1100's; they sound the same
Its really a matter of perception and expectations and there is no limit / logical explanation to any of these.
Old 9th November 2011, 21:52   #88
BHPian

The Nano as autorikshaw replacement is a very good idea - both for our roads/customer as well as TATA. It will provide the much needed economy of scale for Nano - at 3000 units per month, it just cannot survive.

The only concern for TATA would be how to save the brand from being further tarnished? IMO if they manage to alter the exterior a little bit - like replacing the christmas tail lamps with regular ones, maybe tweak the headlamps and front grille to differentiate sufficiently and give a premium feel. The petrol, diesel models could be the new premium ones, priced in the Alto/Eon range - a little less. The current model, with some differentiation, could continue as the Nano rikshaw alternative. In fact TATAs should seriously consider this option for the Indica as well. Just a little tweak to the looks to differentiate could do wonders to the image and sales. Both are very competent cars.

Last edited by SunilM : 9th November 2011 at 21:53.
Old 9th November 2011, 22:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we are going off topic by comparing Nano to a rickshaw. Please note that a rickshaw is not a car. To solve the problem of the rickshaws, tata has the Magic Iris:

So please, STOP comparing nano to a rickshaw. It may not be a Caaaar but it is a CAR!
Old 10th November 2011, 00:01   #90
BHPian

India is not so advanced as yet that most families can afford two cars for different purposes . Nano is strictly , by that i mean very strictly a city car.The wheel bearings are rated to a speed of 72 kmph . The 15 liter fuel tank , the non existent boot , lack of power steering , i can go on and on .Indian families make small often trips across highways for various purposes. Maruti 800 became the national car because of its frugal nature , reliability and versatility. Even in those days with the carbureted it was capable of use in the city as well as highway jaunts . What Tata have to do is uprate the components so that it is at-least capable of going on the highways occasionally and not strictly limited to the city . Add a diesel engine and price it accordingly . It will still work out cheaper than any other diesel car in the market. Now people will ask me , you must be mad to take such a small car on the highway but these days many Indian families want a personal mode of transport for short-trips at-least in emergencies . It is the strict city limitation of the Nano that it has failed to take off. I know Tata has not marketed it well but plonk a diesel engine , increase fuel tank capacity , uprate the components like wheel bearings , provide a rear hatch price it appropriately and u will see how it will move off the shelf in a jiffy.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 10th November 2011 at 00:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks