Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 23:27   #121
BHPian

Re: Nano 2012

Nano 2011

Akhilesh51 i find there seem to be changes in the tyre size from the photos.It looks like both the front and the rear are of the same size now unlike the earlier version where the front were thinner than the rear.Did the anti roll bar help in correcting the oversteer issues which led to the use of slimmer front tyres earlier?
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12-nano-pearl-white.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 15th November 2011 at 23:35.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:28   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nano Upgrade coming soon! *UPDATE* Updated version coming end November, Details P

Nice move by Tata and makes it a compelling buy now at a compelling price. Next they could give it a tailgate also. I think by the time M800 is relaunched Nano would become refined enough to compete. I prefer to exercise my arm muscles than go for an 'over light' power steering, in the interest of feel (in a light car like this) it will inspire confidence especially while cornering. I think Tata will not give it an EPS in the interests of keeping the costs down, at least in India.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 15th November 2011 at 23:30.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
I was expecting the new NANO more in the lines of the expected Europa model showcased earlier. This would have done wonders to its poor sales figures.
I really wish they launch the Europa model. I am sure TATA is not broad minded enough to do that. Even if they did, they would launch it in the 5 lacs bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Tata: Please upgrade your service quality! Just take a look at Nano fan page on FB to know what I mean. And I am also going through those horrors already!
No offenses meant, but read some horror stories of TATA on ARIA. If tata can offer pathetic service for a 20 lac rupee crossover, i do not know what service tata would offer to Nano customers. It would take tata minimum 5 years to achieve decent private buyer customer satisfaction if they start today. In fact in my experience all TATA products (CROMA, Titan etc) have not been upto expectations and also gave pathetic customer service. They treat private buyers like the indica/sumo cabbies, who care for nothing.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 15th November 2011 at 23:36.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:38   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If tata can offer pathetic service for a 20 lac rupee crossover, i do not know what service tata would offer to Nano customers.
I sincerely hope that the Tata guys do not have this attitude about Nano (unfortunately, the service centres seem to think like that)!
Otherwise bad service is the quickest killer of the fun of owning your first car!

Why would i recommend a Nano to someone if its not easy to own and maintain after all?
Old 16th November 2011, 07:11   #125
BHPian

Re: Nano Upgrade coming soon! *UPDATE* Updated version coming end November, Details P

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Its a well known fact that the Wheel bearings are rated for 72kph and anything over which they would wear out fast. It was reported in several Indian auto magazines .Nano has a top speed of 105 kph so its not surprising to see people driving at 90 kph. The smallest fuel tank in the passenger car segment of 15 liter is a clear indication as to how Tata wanted to prevent people from using Nano for longer drives.If you go to the rural areas you will see goods rickshaws being used to ferry people and that too 12-15 of them at a time but that does not mean they are rated to carry so many people.

My office has a Nano. It is 'seldom' driven under 70 kmph and has crossed 15,000 kms. We normally settle at 80kmph on the road. We don't have any issues till date.
Trapezio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 07:18   #126
Senior - BHPian

Great news!

Atleast my request for left ORVM has been answered which is great. Will go and get it fitted.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:53   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
The cheap car image of Nano is really hurting it. My sister wanted to buy a car and even though they had the money only to buy a nano, they took a loan and bought an i10. What i realize is, the people who are buying a car in the entry segment is too conscious about the image of the car and hence will not buy the nano. The upgrades never help to change that image.
Slightly OT. Its our (Indian) perception of status which is causing so many problems around. Its not far when petrol will be Rs100/liter ,bank interest rates would zoom close to 20% and employers will not provide annual increments, we shall see lot of EMI cars being abandoned on the roads.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
My office has a Nano. It is 'seldom' driven under 70 kmph and has crossed 15,000 kms. We normally settle at 80kmph on the road. We don't have any issues till date.
Thank you for the info . That is why real world testing gives the correct picture . Tata can come out with a press release to clear the misconceptions prevailing about the Nano . I was shocked to read in a couple of Indian Auto magazines where they said Bearings would wear out quicker at speeds over 72kph in a car with a top speed of 105 kph .

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 16th November 2011 at 10:18.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88

Thank you for the info . That is why real world testing gives the correct picture . Tata can come out with a press release to clear the misconceptions prevailing about the Nano . I was shocked to read in a couple of Indian Auto magazines where they said Bearings would wear out quicker at speeds over 72kph in a car with a top speed of 105 kph .
IMHO it is a bit of negative publicity which the Nano has been subject to from the beginning. It doesn't say anywhere that the bearings will wear out faster than normal if driven above 72kmph. Any bearing will wear faster if subject to higher speeds, hence greater friction.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:49   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see some changes & improvements to this baby. But personally, I think the dash needs a major change. Every time I look at the dash, it reminds of a Tata Ace, and I would not want to be sitting in front of one.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:50   #131
Senior - BHPian

I drove the Nano over the weekend for the first time and i was amazed.

The car is very spacious for a family of two with kids. Makes great sense to pottle around town without getting hassled in traffic or while parking. Pretty torquey and the car leaps ahead and is very smooth. Very easy to drive around and does not feel underpowered at all. The car i drove had 15k kms on it and belonged to a friend.

Seating is pretty high too - ask me about it as i have an esteem and an 800, both cars have low seat height. I was told it delivers around 18kmpl in the city with a/c on (blore traffic) and over 21kmpl on highways. Now only if this was available with an automatic tranny it would have found a home in my garage.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:50   #132
BHPian

Short report here - Courtesy AutoCar India Upgraded Tata Nano coming this month - News - Autocar India

Last edited by powertrain : 16th November 2011 at 10:53.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:36   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The refreshed nanos have reached dealers and deliveries have started.
Sid you must have watermarked images! I understand this is not that bigger scoop but still have a look at:
Upgraded Tata Nano coming this month - News - Autocar India

And guess what? AutoCarIndia have now watermarked these images
Old 16th November 2011, 11:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps

Sid you must have watermarked images! I understand this is not that bigger scoop but still have a look at:
Upgraded Tata Nano coming this month - News - Autocar India

And guess what? AutoCarIndia have now watermarked these images
I had reported Sid's post to the mods to watermark yesterday, but looks like it is too late now.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:06   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Nano 2011

Akhilesh51 i find there seem to be changes in the tyre size from the photos.It looks like both the front and the rear are of the same size now unlike the earlier version where the front were thinner than the rear.Did the anti roll bar help in correcting the oversteer issues which led to the use of slimmer front tyres earlier?
Nice catch, even in the photos published by Sidindica indicate that the front and rear tyre size is same now.

Overall it looks good now, the changes are big welcome, specially the left side mirror.

I did not like the driving experience earlier, but would give it a shot one more time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks