There is a single owner swift VXi which has done 63000 km..how good it would be for using another 2 years with about 25 to 30k km of expected usage.what are issues/things to be ensured if it is bought and any opinion
on buying price. what can be expected on FE. TIA
MODS-kindly move this to proper section if needed.
One of my friends have found a three year old baleno , exteriors in min condition done about 90K KMs owned and operated by a five star hotel chain. car has never left chennai and has only been used for in-city commute .
Interiors have also been tastefully maintained. They also have said that the car is accident free , an evidence of any body /denting work , no insurance claims in the past . The current clutch is only 15k KMS old , tyres have run 5k KMS.
Asking price is Rs 1.5 Lakhs .
This will be a first car for my friend , is this a good option ?
From the description i can understand the following
1. It appears to be driven by several different drivers
2. Clutch plate can last another 15K KM average, get this assessed from the service station
3. Tyres are relatively new, check whether it is same for the spare wheel as well
4. this would a first car for the new prospective driver, is he a new driver ?, if yes, then Baleno would be a big car for him to drive, park, reverse etc. check whether he is comforable with Baleno
5. Check which MASS used to service the car, go to the same MASS and dig out more details about the repair / service history etc.
what are the other goodies that come with the car ?
Seat covers ?, ICE ?, etc.
ask him to test drive the car, check whether car needs any further replacement like Battery etc ?
1. yes different drivers for sure.
2. will get the clutch checked
3. All tyres had been changed so the fifth tyre is also insimilar condition due to regular tyre rotation.
4. He is not a new driver but it is his first car .
5. the MASS info something which will help for sure , gotta check on that
Seats are low quality leather ... black but well maintained. no signs of rough use there.
ICE is basic but i noticed that the car had a flip down monitor also, HU is Pioneer will check the model number. The car is on its second battery which is still under warranty.
The only issue is with the number of drives as it was owned by a five star hotel. Also, the only saving grace is that these drivers are far better when compared to the local cab drivers, and hence I amy be right in saying that the car was treated well.
One thing I would look out is to check with MASS about the things that might have to undergo a change around 100K kms. That would give a great deal of info on the longevity of the car.
Need advise re. a 2007 Dec WagonR non lpg, done 18500 kms, No insurance. Asking price 3lacs. A Sony mp3 cd player is also fitted . Minor dents on the bonnet, otherwise scratch free. Have driven it and overall performance is decent with ac on all the time. Pl advise.
Any specific reason on WagonR ? I have a 2006 Duo and it is my workhorse. have done close to 45000kms and it has been a pleasure in the city (mainly) and outside. No problems whatsoever except minor irritants.
Even though its a Dec 2007 registered car, it should be considered a 2007 vehicle and hence 2 years old. With Discounts you should be able to pick up a new 2009 one with an additional 1 lac.