Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 09:11   #961
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the feedback here I droped the plan to check 2002 GTX. When enquired owner told he has done some engine, fuel system maint. recently
Old 21st July 2009, 14:01   #962
BHPian

Is this worth the price?

a low mileage, well maintained Santro LE for sale. Details:
Model: Hyundai Santro LE
Year: May 2000
Color: Dark Blue (no dents, excellent exterior and interiors, no accidents)
KMs done: ~41,000
Expected price: Rs. 1.50 Lakh
Features: AC only. (No Power Steering; No Power Windows)
Accessories: Pioneer music player with 4 speakers
Insurance: Comprehensive - Valid till May 2010
Reason for selling: Have another car, and this one is not being used too often lately.
Additional fittings: Lovato LPG kit with Torroidal tank (fitted in place of spare tyre-does not take away storage space), special injectors and cables. Excellent service by the kit. It gives a mileage of 80% of petrol mileage in city and 100% of petrol mileage on highway, which comes to about 2.70Rs/Km in city and 2.10 Rs./Km on highway at current Auto Gas prices. Have driven for about 20,000Km in autogas with no issues. Can explain this more, if needed. LPG kit can be removed, if not interested.

Last edited by balajird : 21st July 2009 at 14:02.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:17   #963
BHPian

Skoda Octavia - 2nd hand

I am looking for a second hand Skoda Octavia, preferably Elegance version that has run less than 50K Kms in Bangalore. What do you think should be a decent price that I need to pay for one which is a Single owner one? Help me out, if you know of any one available also .
Old 21st July 2009, 17:59   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
After seeing the feedback here I droped the plan to check 2002 GTX. When enquired owner told he has done some engine, fuel system maint. recently
Wise move, best not to touch a 1.6 which has had work done on the FI, Engine or ECU.

I see from your signature that you are considering a GP-Active, is not the Active with the smaller engine? In any case it is best to go in for the higher versions which come with all safety equipment like Airbags, ABS etc. (besides the alloy wheels).

Cheers,
Old 21st July 2009, 18:03   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
2.75 shud be just fine for a car in the condition you mention. most people who go for a 2nd hand performance car go for the VTEC/1.5OHC/BALENO. so the demand for the 1.3 would be low. this shud help you bargain hard.

i would have infact started at 2.5
Yeah Narayan, I agree that. Should have started from 2.5, would have done deal for 2.75. Now I may have to be firm on the price or quote 2.80 atleast to create some doubts in the mind of owner ..!

Secondly, can you let me know what all are the major areas I should check or rather a checklist kind to verify the car is in good condition and no upfront cost it should give me. I have heard more sound as usual from AC blower, if its turned to max. Will have to check the blower I hope.

I been driving various cars till now. Currently drive a zen, had been driving NHC for a while, and most of Maruti cars I say. But never had driven a OHC. Will it give me approx same mileage almost as a zen (city -14, Highway - 17-18) and the same kind of maintenance budget I incur for zen.

Do you think is it worth while more bucks giving for 1.5 exi, leaving the Vtec untouched..I know Vtec is anyday Vtec but.

Additional Info needed :

1. Can we retro fit body colored side beeding on the door. Its black on 1.3 OHC models. Body colored looks great.

2. Can we change the door handles to body color, it enhances the look.

3. Chrome beeding on the door frames (seen only on 1.5 OHC and Vtecs'), can we fit this into 1.3 OHC's.

Appreciate your reply soon

Thanks
Prsn
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:06   #966
BHPian

1.3 Exi OHC/2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Shut your eyes, pay the cheque, open your eyes, drive out and be happy forever!
Good deal if it's in the condition described. You may need to change tyres that's all (if still running original stock).
Hi Tejas,

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models).
My wish listincluded Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, andtyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.
No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and littlepaint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a finaloffer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind saysnothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC fromthe time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to
this guy.

Additional Info needed :
1. Can we retro fit body colored side beeding on the door. Its black on 1.3 OHC models. Body colored looks great.
2. Can we change the door handles to body color, it enhances the look.
3. Chrome beeding on the door frames (seen only on 1.5 OHC and Vtecs'), can we fit this into 1.3 OHC's.

Thanks
prsn
Old 27th July 2009, 14:27   #967

Query regarding in Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair

Hi Everyone,

After numerous search and recommended by Team-BHP experts, finally I bought by josh machine Ford ikon Flair 1.3. Here is the detail about the car.

Ford Ikon Flair 1.3
29600 KM done
Silver
2.20L
Engine condition is excellent.

Is this a good deal?

I have spent around 12K for Front and Rear brake shoes, and music system and mechanical service and my mechanic told fuel indicator is not working, we have to change and it will cost you 2.5K. These above are my expenses I have faced with my josh machine.

Please let me know Is this a good deal?

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th July 2009 at 14:32. Reason: Please search before opening a new thread, removing font tag at the end. Thanks
Old 31st July 2009, 00:44   #968
BHPian

Used Palio 1.9D pricing?

Hello All,

I wish to own a second hand Diesel car and I saw a 2005 model Palio 1.9D ELX today. ODO shows 35,000kms.

The owner claims, and is correct to a certain extend, that the vehicle has been well maintained. Interiors are really clean and kinda fresh.
Engine doesnt make any unwanted noises; in fact its pretty silent while sitting inside the cabin.

Comprehensive Insurance valid upto july 2010, new Excide battery with 3 years of warranty.

All electricals in working condition, I tested this.
Platti Alloys (spare unused), and a Pioneer Music System (an ordinary one!)

Minor scratches and dents on exterior.
Am fine with all this, but I am getting confused in judging his asking price.

He's asking 2.6Lakhs, mainly quoting that the vehicle has been brilliantly maintained and that it has run very less.

Carwale and ndtvauto is evaluating such a model with Excellent condition at Rs.2,15,000/-; but he doesnt accept this.!

Can anyone help me out by validating the 2.6L claim please?

Thanks in advance,
Sree
Old 31st July 2009, 01:37   #969
BHPian

is this car located n blr? if so i think i did see it, the car isnt on the present owners name to begin with,needs a bit of refurbishing work and a/c not working well, besides a new replaced front windshield . . My opinion is that the car isnt worth what is being quoted.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:27   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat001 View Post
is this car located n blr? if so i think i did see it, the car isnt on the present owners name to begin with,needs a bit of refurbishing work and a/c not working well, besides a new replaced front windshield . . My opinion is that the car isnt worth what is being quoted.

The Car is in Marathahalli in Blr.
Is claimed to be Single owner (I dint verify the papers though, i missed to verofy this. ) and AC was working when I took a test dive, it was cooling pretty well. Its a silver colour car and is owned by a mallu. Are you talking about the same car?

I too felt that it is a bit on the higher side!
Old 31st July 2009, 09:41   #971
BANNED

lets face facts. this cars engine is no more in production.( but yes it has lots of torque at low end a real boon in city ) still this car is in the maintanence pahse currently. all parts wont be readily available. ( and will probably have higher price ).

Sooner or later the parts avaialabilty will be an issue. injection componenets like pump, injectors etc will be probably costly. cost is secondary availability will be the issue in coming days.

just my two cents.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:39   #972
BHPian

thats the same car,a/c was working but not cooling as it should.somehow the car didnt have the "35k run car" feeling.what thomas8700 said is right, issues with spares will crop up sooner or later. Get the car properly inspected by a mechanic first before you put your hard earned money into the car.Please check paperwork also, what i know is that the HP cancellation hasnt been done yet, and the cancellation letter from the bank has expired(as it only has a months validity) and i was also given to understand that the registered owner was out of the country , which may complicate issues later as his signatures are required for the HP cancellation letter.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:48   #973
BHPian

oh!!! that was an eye opener!!!
I dint know about all this Hypothecation cancellations things!

I was planning for a checkup with mechanic; but am not aware of any good Palio mechanics!!! infact this is my first car, so doesnt have any contacts!

I read somewhere in the forums about someone mentioning about a good Palio D mechanic!! i am searching for that from yesterday but couldnt find it! :(

Could you help on that please?

BTW Thanks brat001 and Thomas8700; will surely take your points into consideration before deciding!
Old 31st July 2009, 12:05   #974
BHPian

Too add on to my confusion, the front set of Tyres are almost completely worn out!
Will the tyres wear out almost comlpetely within a mileage of 35,000 kms? or does the experts here sense a possibility of odometer correction?

help!
Old 31st July 2009, 12:57   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Too add on to my confusion, the front set of Tyres are almost completely worn out!
Will the tyres wear out almost comlpetely within a mileage of 35,000 kms? or does the experts here sense a possibility of odometer correction?
help!
How do the rear tyres look ? Check if the front and the rear tyres are the same make and have a matching date of manufacture (the date is on the sidewall). If they don't match then the mileage has probably been tampered with.

If they all match - then it could be a simple case of the owner not rotating his tyres. That could have caused the fronts to wear out in 35K km. What that tells you is that the car hasn't been maintained properly.

That and the other problems put together mean that you should probably stay away from this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks