Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 15:16   #1036
BHPian

Its actually for my friend who is in Chennai, so, outstation doesnt come in to picture here anyways, i am surprised to hear that the MJD was sold for 4.2L, unbelievable
Old 31st August 2009, 16:33   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Its actually for my friend who is in Chennai, so, outstation doesnt come in to picture here anyways, i am surprised to hear that the MJD was sold for 4.2L, unbelievable
All Fiats go into Discount mode pretty quickly after release. No that the Punto is in the market for as low as 5.4L I am not surprised at Palio is selling at 4.2L.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:34   #1038
BHPian

Friends, I've come across a used Swift LDi here in kolkata recently.The car has been used for a year and has clocked 16k kms.Absolutely stock with no accessories whatsoever.However, on making enquiries with Dewar's Garage, the auth. service station here, I came to know that the car has had some minor bodywork a couple of times....roughly costing about 7k both times.The bodywork involved door painting/touchup and rear potion above the light repainting.The service advisor was reluctant to reveal anymore details.The car has had its third service done recently.
Should I make an offer for the car considering the minor bodywork?
Also what should be a fair quote for the car?
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:50   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Friends, I've come across a used Swift LDi here in kolkata recently.The car has been used for a year and has clocked 16k kms.Absolutely stock with no accessories whatsoever.However, on making enquiries with Dewar's Garage, the auth. service station here, I came to know that the car has had some minor bodywork a couple of times....roughly costing about 7k both times.The bodywork involved door painting/touchup and rear potion above the light repainting.The service advisor was reluctant to reveal anymore details.The car has had its third service done recently.
Should I make an offer for the car considering the minor bodywork?
Also what should be a fair quote for the car?
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Minor nicks here and there is bound to happen when you drive a car in metros like cal. I think it is just a cosmetic damage of the shell which was fixed. 7K would be just that. A major damage would cost at least 20 K if not more. Please go ahead and make an offer. 4.4L would be a good price but start with 4.3L.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:37   #1040
BHPian

Swift LDi

More specifically with reference to the nature of bodywork carried out on the Swift:1st bodywork-"Door repair" is the term used.Glass adjustment was involved in this job followed by painting on the door.Total expense is around 8k....would this be classified as major damage so as to drive the price down??

The second time around the service invoice states that Rear light adjustment was involved."Denting/painting" on pillar is also mentioned.The whole job involved an expense of 7k.

The price quoted is 4.4 lacs inclusive of comprehensive insurance for 10 months.Friends help me negotiate a good deal considering these facts.

Dieselfan:your comments D
Old 1st September 2009, 20:58   #1041
BHPian

Does not seems anything major. But check for door rattles by driving in a uneven road (the condition of E.M Bypass is just perfect for this right now). Is the car from a dealer or directly from the owner? Try to negotiate 10-20K. Start with 4.2L and see the response.

However how much the new Swift VDi costs OTR in Kolkata? IMo it should be about 5L. So, by spending 60K more you'll get a new car and peace of mind. Think of it.

Quote:
More specifically with reference to the nature of bodywork carried out on the Swift:1st bodywork-"Door repair" is the term used.Glass adjustment was involved in this job followed by painting on the door.Total expense is around 8k....would this be classified as major damage so as to drive the price down??

The second time around the service invoice states that Rear light adjustment was involved."Denting/painting" on pillar is also mentioned.The whole job involved an expense of 7k.

The price quoted is 4.4 lacs inclusive of comprehensive insurance for 10 months.Friends help me negotiate a good deal considering these facts.

Dieselfan:your comments D
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:09   #1042
BHPian

@akshat68:Well, I drove the car on EM Byepass itself.Man, what a co-incidence.
Also the Swift LDi costs 5.3 OTR here in Kolkata.So, assuming that I manage to finalise the deal at say, 4-4.1 would it be a good deal considering the used car prices in Kolkata and that the Maruti Swift Diesel doesnt depreciate much?
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:36   #1043
BHPian

Maruti website shows 4.68L for LDi ex-showroom in Kolkata. There should be discount - so it should come around 5L - check with the Maruti dealer.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:32   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@akshat68:Well, I drove the car on EM Byepass itself.Man, what a co-incidence.
Also the Swift LDi costs 5.3 OTR here in Kolkata.So, assuming that I manage to finalise the deal at say, 4-4.1 would it be a good deal considering the used car prices in Kolkata and that the Maruti Swift Diesel doesnt depreciate much?
Octane - please find out the exact OTR price in Calcutta by calling in a few dealers. Also ask for discount and freebees you may get. Go for a test ride to make you look a genuine customer. Once you get the OTR price in cal then you can quote 20% lower than that. You may not get the car below 15% of OTR price but you can start at 20% lower.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:32   #1045
BHPian

What is the suggested price?

My brother's Santro LS (2001) model is up for sale. He is the second owner and the car has done 21000kms (first owner had used it sparingly). I am interested in buying the car. It does need some tinkering and may need a clutch overhaul as well. 4 tyres are original and one was changed recently. What is the best price I can offer? He has given me the privelege of first denial.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:53   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Something dosent ring true here, clutch overhaul at 21K and also a tyre change ? I assume that the tinkering is because of minor accident damages and not becuase of rusting. Is your brother sure that the odo was not tampered with when he bought the car ? Going slightly OT, it is always bad practice to change one single tyre, worst case scenario is you at least try and change two together, new in the front and used ones in the rear preferably.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:53   #1047

What is the right price for a 2005 VXI, 40K kms done Baleno?.

All,I am looking for a used Baleno in Bangalore, and have come across one recently. The owner seems to be genuine (it is from an individual and not a dealer), and seems to have well cared for the car. Here are the details of the same: 2005 VXI, 40K kms done (=10K per year), after market Mag wheels and wide profile tubeless tires, and a few other modifications. The car is well maintained with a few unavoidable dents. I have onle seen the car in the night, and will be checking it out in daylight soon.Can you please suggest the recommended range for this model car. I think there are some more modifications, which I am unable to recollect. I will post them once I go for the second check. Please remember that this is a Bangalore car, where the new car road tax is higher, thus inflating the used car prices marginally, when compared to other cities.Your help is appreciated ~

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2009 at 18:15. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:14   #1048
BHPian

I would say somewhere between 250k-300k, but do check the car in day time once again.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:17   #1049
BHPian

I would say 3L-3.4L.. if it is very very good then u go upto 3.25
else u can negotiate for under 3.
2.5L i doubt !
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:38   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I would say somewhere between 250k-300k, but do check the car in day time once again.
I think he was asking about the bangalore prices .Something in the range 3.5 lakhs tops would be ok depending on the condition, insurance validity and accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks