Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 09:45   #10126

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
PS: My Indica fetched me 2 lakhs rupees after 7 years with 1 lakh KM on odo that too I was the second owner.

Thanks Soarer... Any suggestion on what should be the best price I can bargain for ? I was thinking of quoting in the range of 3.75 to 3.9 and probably going up to 4.0 L... is this worth it ?
Old 9th January 2015, 10:20   #10127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeera View Post

Which option should I go for ?

thanks!
You've done your homework and pretty much answered your own question. The Vista and the swift come with the same engine albeit with different gear boxes and handling. The Vista is not a bad drivers car as such the only downer is the quality of interiors is not as good as the swift and Figo and ages quick. So just make sure the previous owner has taken care of it well. Apart from that the logical choice is the Vista as its more comfortable when you have 4-5 people on board,easy to maintain and the parts are not going to be a problem. Just find a good neighborhood mechanic and you're set.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 16:09   #10128
BHPian

Hello!

A dealer is quoting Rs 1.8L for a Hyundai Santro in Trivandrum. Single owner, 35k kms, 2007 registered. The Hyundai records show a accidental repair for 19k. However, none of the doors or panels show any indication of replacement. The paint job seems to be original even on careful inspection.

Is it a fair deal? Is there something I should watch out for?

Thanks!
Old 9th January 2015, 21:48   #10129
BHPian

Hello friends

I need ur help coz I have never bought a second hand car till date.

I'm going to buy a toyota fortuner. The specifications are as under.

Make. March 2014
Mileage. 8000km
Model. 4X4
Price. 21 lakh
City of registration. Delhi

What do you suggest. Is this a fair price or I should negotiate further. If I have to then what should be the price that I should look at.
Moreover, what all should I verify in and about the car.

Please help. I would be meeting this guy on Sunday.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:41   #10130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hello friends

I need ur help coz I have never bought a second hand car till date.

I'm going to buy a toyota fortuner. The specifications are as under.

Make. March 2014
Mileage. 8000km
Model. 4X4
Price. 21 lakh
City of registration. Delhi

What do you suggest. Is this a fair price or I should negotiate further. If I have to then what should be the price that I should look at.
Moreover, what all should I verify in and about the car.

Please help. I would be meeting this guy on Sunday.
Going by the prices prevalent in the market and the recent massive price hike, the price being quoted to you for the said vehicle sounds too good to be true to me. Kindly take full history of the vehicle from Toyota before going in for the deal. If the car is genuine, then I feel the offered price is excellent.
Old 9th January 2015, 23:11   #10131
BHPian

Dr mohit
Thanks
Is there any official method to get the full history of the vehicle.
Old 10th January 2015, 02:11   #10132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasZach View Post
Hello!

A dealer is quoting Rs 1.8L for a Hyundai Santro in Trivandrum. Single owner, 35k kms, 2007 registered. The Hyundai records show a accidental repair for 19k. However, none of the doors or panels show any indication of replacement. The paint job seems to be original even on careful inspection.

Is it a fair deal? Is there something I should watch out for?

Thanks!
19k in showroom expenses is not too high. Have you checked under the rubber beadings on the doors for damage? The other possibilities are the bumper and the windshield
Old 10th January 2015, 11:17   #10133

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Just find a good neighborhood mechanic and you're set.
Thanks for the reply zombiedriver.. Any suggestions on the max. price i can bargain for this ? this would help in the discussions.
Old 10th January 2015, 18:56   #10134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
...Is there any official method to get the full history of the vehicle.
Get the registration number of the vehicle, find out which A$$ was it serviced in and request them for the details. Even better if you can take the vehicle with you for inspection and offer to pay for the check up. If there is NO problem with the vehicle, the owner should be glad to let you do this.

Quote:
19k in showroom expenses is not too high. Have you checked under the rubber beadings on the doors for damage? The other possibilities are the bumper and the windshield
Assuming 4K for each panel denting & re-painting (for a Santro), 19K = 5 panels! This is fairly reasonable damage (Now, it could be NOT panels, but something else damaged. And if a costlier part was replaced, that's a stronger flag for me). I think anybody wants to buy this vehicle SHOULD get the proper details of the accident from the A$$ where it was repaired.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2015 at 19:02.
Old 10th January 2015, 19:03   #10135
BHPian

Quote:
Many times I have observed that old car valuers pull out the rubber beading in the doors and check. I vaguely understand that they are just confirming that the car hasn't under gone any accidents. But how? Can someone explain?
Old 10th January 2015, 19:10   #10136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Many times I have observed that old car valuers pull out the rubber beading in the doors and check. I vaguely understand that they are just confirming that the car hasn't under gone any accidents. But how? Can someone explain?
My understanding is that when a car has been hit on the door it inevitably puts pressure on the frame. Most people just get the visible dents repaired but not many pull the rubber beadings down to even check for damage caused. Even if they do I don't think people take too much care about parts that are not visible hence the finish might not be top notch and easy to make out. If there's any other reasons for the same I'd like to know too but this is just my opinion
Old 10th January 2015, 23:12   #10137
Senior - BHPian

Guys how is 2.55L for 2009 dec Vista Aqua QJD, run 43200kms and 2nd owner ? Is it a fair price ?
Old 10th January 2015, 23:37   #10138
BHPian

@Narayan, try to get it between 2 and 2.25L. That should be a fair price for a 2nd owner diesel Vista. The earlier generations of Vista's have lower resale values compared to the sedan class ones.
Old 11th January 2015, 10:24   #10139

is 4.20L a good price for 2012 vista VX, run about 20K km ? I'm in the discussion stage..This is what the seller is asking, but I'm trying to push for 4L.

please give me your suggestions.
Old 11th January 2015, 11:40   #10140
BHPian

Dr mohit

You were right. Actually the said fortuner has a history of accident. The bill was 165000. I dropped the idea of buying that car.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks