Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 20:16   #10141
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

In the last stages of a deal finalization

Car: Vista VX
KM : 21k
Year : 2012

Have in principle agreed for 4L. The seller told will confirm in a day.
Is this price OK ?

The vehicle is 1st owner, but the RC shows ownersrlno as 2, as the car was bought under Company Lease and then got transfered to the owner..

So will I be considered as 3rd owner when I'm selling ?

Any things I need to take be cautious about ?

Please suggest..
Old 11th January 2015, 21:20   #10142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
In the last stages of a deal finalization

Car: Vista VX
KM : 21k
Year : 2012

Have in principle agreed for 4L. The seller told will confirm in a day.
Is this price OK ?

The vehicle is 1st owner, but the RC shows ownersrlno as 2, as the car was bought under Company Lease and then got transfered to the owner..

So will I be considered as 3rd owner when I'm selling ?

Any things I need to take be cautious about ?

Please suggest..
You should check the VIN no. as BHP suggests. My guess is that you will be the third owner. Also 4 lakhs does seem a tad bit more for a 3rd owner Vista VX. Though I think its discountinued now so would have no idea of the current price.
Old 11th January 2015, 23:18   #10143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
You should check the VIN no. as BHP suggests.
VIN shows it as 2012 ; Jan manufactured.
Car is registered in 2012 ; March

2 months gap, I guess is normal..One of the reasons why Iam interested in this car is because is well maintained and less used/abused.
The car also has extended warranty extended up to 2016.
Current price would be about 6.8L in BLR (Though it is not readily available - more of old stock limited numbers)
doubt whether the seller will go less than 4L.. Only other option is I should walk away from the deal.

my intention is to use it for about 2 or 3 years and then sell it. Probably near the 80 or 90K km mark.

Will I loose SUBSTANTIALLY if i sell it as the 3rd owner ? I mean, can I get at least 2.5 to 3 L ? I don't mind up to 1.5L margin when I sell

Last edited by haria : 11th January 2015 at 23:31.
Old 12th January 2015, 01:16   #10144
BHPian

One of my friends is looking for an used Maruti Wagon R in Chennai. We have come across one Wagon R Lxi, 2011 model, ran for 19K with few dents and scratches in three doors and front bumpe. The final quote we have got is 2.8 Lakhs. Single owner and Chennai registered car. Can you please advice if we can go ahead with this price?
Old 12th January 2015, 01:27   #10145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
We have come across one Wagon R Lxi, 2011 model, ran for 19K with few dents and scratches in three doors and front bumpe. The final quote we have got is 2.8 Lakhs. Single owner and Chennai registered car. Can you please advice if we can go ahead with this price?
2.8 seems to be on the higher side and that too in chennai. Recently my friend was able to get a similar vehicle in BLR for about 2.6 (2011, vxi wagonR, 25K km). My feeling is 2.25 to 2.5 would be a good price, if other things are ok with the car.
jeera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 02:00   #10146
BHPian

Quote:
VIN shows it as 2012 ; Jan manufactured.
Car is registered in 2012 ; March

2 months gap, I guess is normal..One of the reasons why Iam interested in this car is because is well maintained and less used/abused.
The car also has extended warranty extended up to 2016.
Current price would be about 6.8L in BLR (Though it is not readily available - more of old stock limited numbers)
doubt whether the seller will go less than 4L.. Only other option is I should walk away from the deal.

my intention is to use it for about 2 or 3 years and then sell it. Probably near the 80 or 90K km mark.

Will I loose SUBSTANTIALLY if i sell it as the 3rd owner ? I mean, can I get at least 2.5 to 3 L ? I don't mind up to 1.5L margin when I sell
I would assume it affects a bit but not a lot. I think you could be looking at around 2L for 80-90K run Vista, but lets see what others respond. I am not 100% sure on my opinion.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 02:04   #10147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
The final quote we have got is 2.8 Lakhs. Single owner and Chennai registered car.
A bit on the higher side. Ideal would be around 2.3 to 2.6. Again, it depends on the condition of the car

More than the superficial things like scratches and all, please check whether other things like service history and the vehicle is accident free .
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 02:21   #10148
BHPian

Quote:
A bit on the higher side. Ideal would be around 2.3 to 2.6. Again, it depends on the condition of the car

More than the superficial things like scratches and all, please check whether other things like service history and the vehicle is accident free .
Thanks Hari,

I have got the history of the car, it is accident free and the services have been done periodically. The seller is adamant on 2.8. The car has a basic Kenwood Player (USB+Aux In) and two speakers. No other accessories added. Shall we wait or go ahead and closing the deal.
Old 12th January 2015, 07:00   #10149
BHPian

I think you should look around for a few more options before settling on this Wagon R. It doesn't always mean that the owner cares for the car and hence the high expectations. You're in Chennai. You should be getting more of these cars into the market every day. Look up OLX / Quickr. I've seen quite a few in Bangalore listings.
Old 12th January 2015, 09:40   #10150
BHPian

Quote:

Finding a perfect example for your needs is not the easiest thing in the used market. You can expect around 2 lakhs for it when you sell it in my opinion. If the car is well maintained and in good nick then you should go ahead. But be prepared for resale loss. This is more of a mind vs the heart decision so it's your call.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:52   #10151
BHPian

Hi Bhp'ians,

I,am looking for Second hand 7 seater(Petrol) for highway runs. I got maruti ertiga (Zxi) costing around 7 lakhs with 18000 kms run for Jan-2013 registered, Single Owner through internet.

@experts: do u see its is worth about the pricing.

Any of bhp'ians are willing to evaluate the car along with me...in bengaluru, will really help me.
I,am looking at 50% financing, through bank loan - any views on it.
Old 12th January 2015, 11:28   #10152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Hi Bhp'ians,

I,am looking for Second hand 7 seater(Petrol) for highway runs. .
highway runs and petrol somehow doesn't jell together . Unless the runs are for fewer kms.

Any specific reason for looking at petrol ? did you evaluate other options like enjoy / xylo /quanto etc ? you should be able to get within the same range.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:38   #10153
BHPian

Quote:
highway runs and petrol somehow doesn't jell together . Unless the runs are for fewer kms.

Any specific reason for looking at petrol ? did you evaluate other options like enjoy / xylo /quanto etc ? you should be able to get within the same range.
Yes..Runs are not very regular. may be occasional one for approx 600 kms every 2 months or so.
I intend to keep the car for long duration (approx 10 to 15 years).
I,am in the opinion, that petrol is better one to keep than diesel one for lesser runs...above of hit, i,am also little skeptical about diesel quality in rural areas....
I certainly want to keep engine with simple mechanics like non-turbo, lesser cost of injectors, no expensive fuel hydraulics like expensive solenoid injectors etc.

Maruti for single reason, service availability pan-india.
Enjoy: Heard GM-engine was having some issues (diesel). Petrol is underpowered.
Xylo: High stance and itz again diesel.
Quanto: Well it is just namesake 7-seater...never can seat more than 5 persons comfortably.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:48   #10154
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhp'ians,

I,am looking for Second hand 7 seater(Petrol) for highway runs. I got maruti ertiga (Zxi) costing around 7 lakhs with 18000 kms run for Jan-2013 registered, Single Owner through internet.

@experts: do u see its is worth about the pricing.

Any of bhp'ians are willing to evaluate the car along with me...in bengaluru, will really help me.
I,am looking at 50% financing, through bank loan - any views on it.
Hello Nav.

Pricing is slightly on the higher side. If the car's condition is really good you can quote 6.6 from your side.
Old 12th January 2015, 14:39   #10155
BHPian

Quote:
Yes..Runs are not very regular. may be occasional one for approx 600 kms every 2 months or so.
I intend to keep the car for long duration (approx 10 to 15 years).
I,am in the opinion, that petrol is better one to keep than diesel one for lesser runs...above of hit, i,am also little skeptical about diesel quality in rural areas....
I certainly want to keep engine with simple mechanics like non-turbo, lesser cost of injectors, no expensive fuel hydraulics like expensive solenoid injectors etc.

Maruti for single reason, service availability pan-india.
Enjoy: Heard GM-engine was having some issues (diesel). Petrol is underpowered.
Xylo: High stance and itz again diesel.
Quanto: Well it is just namesake 7-seater...never can seat more than 5 persons comfortably.
Here's the carwale link for compared Ertiga variants (if link doesn't open, go to their site to do a comparo)

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/c...2506&car3=2482

The ZXi is about 9L and the VXi (ABS) is about 8.3L On-road (I am sure this fluctuates but the numbers should be reasonable within a bracket) This, without any discounts, I'd assume. Why would you go for a 2+ year old car for 7L in this case? Not to mention, if you're taking financing, the used car interest rate would be higher than the new one. And you could potentially get better deals now and negotiate an external insurer to reduce this price further.

If I were you, I'd take that additional hit and buy a new Ertiga VXi (ABS).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks