Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 17:33   #2551
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys, how much would a Palio S10 cost with the below details?
Date: 2003 november
Single owner
Mileage: 80k+
new tyres, new battery.

According to the owner, the car is in immaculate condition. (I am yet to check the car presonally)
Old 30th December 2010, 17:59   #2552
BHPian

Planning on a 99 honda city exi AT.

Is there any reliable mechanic near Jaynagar, Bangalore to get a feedback on the car and an estimate on any expenses.

If any team-bhp member is ready to do that this saturday, that would be great

Last edited by neon_daytona : 30th December 2010 at 18:06.
Old 30th December 2010, 18:36   #2553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Planning on a 99 honda city exi AT.

Is there any reliable mechanic near Jaynagar, Bangalore to get a feedback on the car and an estimate on any expenses.

If any team-bhp member is ready to do that this saturday, that would be great
I would strongly suggest staying away from the AT, if you want to buy the City, then buy the normal manual version, someone I know just sold his AT for some 40-50k as the clutch repair, would have costed him more than the car would sell for, and the clutch was not available even at the dealerships here in Kolkata.
Old 30th December 2010, 20:54   #2554
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to dispose off my 2004 Oct Ikon flair anniversary edition which has done about 58k. How much can I expect for it?
Old 31st December 2010, 09:57   #2555
BHPian

How much do i expect for my Swift Dzire VXi, below mentioned are the details, i am planning to put up the Car for sale in January-February:

Model: Swift Dzire VXi
Color: Souvreign Blue
Bought: June-2008
Mileage done: 5500
Tyre: JK

The Car is in Showroom condition, ALL the service records are available, infact only 3 Free Services done
Old 31st December 2010, 12:24   #2556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
How much do i expect for my Swift Dzire VXi, below mentioned are the details, i am planning to put up the Car for sale in January-February:

Model: Swift Dzire VXi
Color: Souvreign Blue
Bought: June-2008
Mileage done: 5500
Tyre: JK

The Car is in Showroom condition, ALL the service records are available, infact only 3 Free Services done
How did / Why did you do 3 services for a car which did only 5500 kms? As far as I know, first service is at 1000 kms, second one at 5000 kms & 3rd one at 10K kms !
Old 31st December 2010, 13:01   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How did / Why did you do 3 services for a car which did only 5500 kms? As far as I know, first service is at 1000 kms, second one at 5000 kms & 3rd one at 10K kms !
I Keep travelling a lot. So couldnt get much time to Drive the car.

Thought that those Free Services will go for toss & the warranty will also be affected so i got the car serviced before i could clock the required Kms for the Free Services.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:00   #2558
BHPian

I can't seem to understand why all Skoda's are seen as liabilities. Its like calling the whole pond bad because of a few bad fish. I'm sure every other make of car has the same set of issues. My car for one (touch wood) has been awesome since day one. barring the A/C condenser and the turbo, I've had zero trouble with the car. On the contrary it gives me a consistent mileage of 18+ kmpl in city driving. I got an offer for 6.6L on the 29th from a dealer. At that price I'd much rather pass that car on to my mom and let her use it, and let it depreciate completely over the next 4years and then sell it. Since the residual value remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sorry duke, I am one of the culprits, though not in your case! As expected, word seems to have gotten around about the Skoda experiences and nobody seems willing to consider one. I am looking for a new/ used car too, and have had at least 2 enquiries from Skoda owners looking to sell. I have responded to them, but one of them also SMSed me for my response. His words were 'log toh jawaab bhi nahi detey hai'. I hope this doesnt remain the case with owners who have cared for their cars so well. Unfortunately, I would not want to be the one risking it either!
Old 5th January 2011, 06:06   #2559
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Posting on behalf of a friend.

He is on a look out for a Getz crdi with no idea about the variants and stuff. From Carwale I could gather the crdi was Getz Prime GVS 1.5

How much would it cost in Delhi and any idea about availability?
Also, how many kms should he be looking at (minimum) ? Around 50k?
Old 5th January 2011, 10:07   #2560
BHPian

How much would an Indian make '96/'97, well maintained Merc W124 E250D Merc in Bangalore and Mumbai cost? Is this really a hassle free car as I read in many stories on this forum?
Old 5th January 2011, 10:23   #2561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Guys,

He is on a look out for a Getz crdi with no idea about the variants and stuff. From Carwale I could gather the crdi was Getz Prime GVS 1.5

Getz CRDi had only one version when it was in production. So what you have seen in carwale is right! Try to get a car which has done around 40K kms. Assuming that your friend will clock an average of 20K kms every years, he can use it for 3 years. And being a Hyundai engine, I would not keep it beyond 90K kms as well. But if there are owners who has clocked more than that and if the experience is still trouble free, they could comment.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:39   #2562
BHPian

Getz has a low resale value. I experienced that when i was on lookout for a pre-owned car. Its due to their insanely low mileage. But there are best comfort cars in their category with European styling.

For a 4 year old car clocking around 40K+
best condition ~ 2 to 2.2 L
good condition ~ 1.8 to 2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Guys,

Old 5th January 2011, 10:54   #2563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I can't seem to understand why all Skoda's are seen as liabilities. Its like calling the whole pond bad because of a few bad fish. I'm sure every other make of car has the same set of issues. My car for one (touch wood) has been awesome since day one. barring the A/C condenser and the turbo, I've had zero trouble with the car. On the contrary it gives me a consistent mileage of 18+ kmpl in city driving. I got an offer for 6.6L on the 29th from a dealer. At that price I'd much rather pass that car on to my mom and let her use it, and let it depreciate completely over the next 4years and then sell it. Since the residual value remains the same.
Duke, do you own an Octavia? from what I have heard, Octavia is the only car from Skoda which has a higher state of reliability compared to the rest. Ans also I have seen people selling it as soon as they clock around 70-80K kms since I have read these cars give hell lots of issues after 80K kms.

Please dont flame me, this is what I have read and heard about Skoda ! And as a consumer, I would never every try for a *used* Skoda car however sweet the deal is going to be. With all due respect to Skoda owners, this is my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Getz has a low resale value. I experienced that when i was on lookout for a pre-owned car. Its due to their insanely low mileage. But there are best comfort cars in their category with European styling.

For a 4 year old car clocking around 40K+
best condition ~ 2 to 2.2 L
good condition ~ 1.8 to 2L
Spectre, I guess you are talking about Getz Petrol (1.3). I believe Dry Ice was referring to Getz CRDi. CRDi will not have very less resale as its one stonker of an engine and mileage is also quite good. The only negatives you can point to here is that its out of production and hence try and bargain for a better deal.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th January 2011 at 10:58.
Old 5th January 2011, 15:08   #2564
BHPian

@ swiftnfurious - Yes, i overlooked the CRDi part. Thanks for clarifying.
But Getz is not a fast selling pre-owned car so its worth a good amount of haggling.

Last edited by Spectre : 5th January 2011 at 15:09.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:48   #2565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Duke, do you own an Octavia? from what I have heard, Octavia is the only car from Skoda which has a higher state of reliability compared to the rest. Ans also I have seen people selling it as soon as they clock around 70-80K kms since I have read these cars give hell lots of issues after 80K kms.

Please dont flame me, this is what I have read and heard about Skoda ! And as a consumer, I would never every try for a *used* Skoda car however sweet the deal is going to be. With all due respect to Skoda owners, this is my personal opinion.
While Duke can of course answer as and when he reads your post, I feel I can also contribute to the topic under discussion.

Based on my own ownership of an Octy and those of 2 of my friends I can say that an Octavia is as reliable a car as any other. My car is 5 years old and both my friends have clocked over 1 lakh kms in their cars and they still drive as good as new. Nothing has bombed in any of the 3 cars till date (touchwood) and the only things replaced are timing belts (at 70k kms) clutch with DMF and front suspension at 90k kms. The average running cost (including the cost of all services, spares and fuel) is around Rs 3.5/km (all 3 are diesels). Ask any of us and we wouldn't swap our rides for any other car from the same segment. I have the fully loaded L&K version and all bells and whistles - sunroof, xenons, heated front seats, audio, steering controls, car's security system et al - work perfectly well to this date.

There might be a perception out there that any Skoda shouldn't be touched with a barge pole but that perception is ill-conceived and absolutely without solid foundations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks