Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 05:46   #12166
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

The price is excellent assuming you're satisfied with the vehicle, go ahead.
Old 18th July 2017, 13:17   #12167
BHPian

Hi guys. What price should i expect for my dec 2016 cayenne orange duster awd. Vehicle is registered in Gurgaon has extended warranty, comprehensive insurance and has done 12,600 kms on odo. reason for sale is upgrade. kindly advise.
Old 18th July 2017, 15:41   #12168
BHPian

My friend is trying to sell his 2011 Vento. Below are the details
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vento
Trim: Trendline Diesel
Color: White
Year: Nov 2011
KMs: 86000
City: Namakkal

The car did have an accident almost 1.5 years back and was brought back to shape in Volkwagen Authorized Service Station. What is the realistic value he can expect? He is currently expecting 4.5L (negotiable) but the propective buyers (3 discussed as on date) are not willing to go beyond 3.5L .

Note: For some strange reason, the accident history is not popping up in Volkswgen records and the only way the buyer will know is if we tell them.
Old 18th July 2017, 15:54   #12169
BANNED

~6 Years Old, Base Model, VW Resale, 86K Kms on the ODO, he should be selling it to the 1st person offering 3.5, else he might not be getting the same offer again.
Torquedo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 21:02   #12170
BHPian

Hi All,

Inspired by thread "Lateral Upgrade", I am deciding to upgrade my existing car to Sedans or Compact Suv's. Need your suggestions on this.

Lateral Upgrade thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-car-less.html

Kudos to GTO for creating this wonderful article.

I currently own Grand-i10, 2013, Sportz-CRDi. Mileage as of today is 50540 kms. I am thinking I can sell this car between 4 lakhs to 4.3 lakhs.

As of now, I am considering upgrade to diesel cars such as Hyundai Verna, Renault Duster, Ford Ecosport. I am listing these cars since I am seeing more in reputed second dealers showrooms.
I am considering to go for petrol only if I get a 2014+ model of Honda City.

Please give me guidance if I need to consider any further diesel cars or petrol cars. I am looking in budget of 6-8 lakhs.

I am new to second hand market.
Old 18th July 2017, 21:52   #12171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Hi All,

Inspired by thread "Lateral Upgrade", I am deciding to upgrade my existing car to Sedans or Compact Suv's. Need your suggestions on this.

Lateral Upgrade thread:

I currently own Grand-i10, 2013, Sportz-CRDi. Mileage as of today is 50540 kms. I am thinking I can sell this car between 4 lakhs to 4.3 lakhs.

As of now, I am considering upgrade to diesel cars such as Hyundai Verna, Renault Duster, Ford Ecosport. I am listing these cars since I am seeing more in reputed second dealers showrooms.

Please give me guidance if I need to consider any further diesel cars or petrol cars. I am looking in budget of 6-8 lakhs.

Try the EcoSport ecoboost petrol. City is good, but the resale value is too high for it to be a good deal.
For diesel, The duster is a very good option since the resale value isn't much but it is a tough product and won't be problem to maintain.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 19:01   #12172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I'm quoting my own post.

I am getting quotes of 5.5 to 5.6 lakhs for my ciaz from Mahindra and Toyota respectively with exchange bonus of 15k max if I do exchange my ciaz for their cars. I know these are shocking quotes but I guess GST of 28 % has something to do with this.

I haven't posted an add for the public as yet but I do expect about 7.5 lakhs. Is this too optimistic price for a 2015 diesel zdi ciaz with extended warranty?

Regards
No GST on used goods.
Source: http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...-goods/765490/
Old 19th July 2017, 23:09   #12173
BHPian

Hi all, I am going to view a 2013 Aria Prestige 4x2 sometime next week. It is supposed to have 23500km on the ODO. I will ask for the car to be evaluated at TASS before going ahead. This is an emotional decision rather than a need-to-buy.

The asking price a few months back on an OLX ad was 6L. Looking at Arias on other websites, the asking rates seem to be between 3.5-5.5 depending on condition.

Would going ahead be worthwhile. What issues or gremlins should I watch out for. What would be an ok price to quote. I have a hard stop at 4.5L but am wondering if that is too high.

@hserus and others advise please

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 19th July 2017 at 23:11.
Old 20th July 2017, 06:36   #12174
Senior - BHPian

A very nice car, reliable too (a friend has it and has taken it on multiple Delhi - Calcutta road trips over five years) but quite rare on the roads as Tata messed up the pricing. They then withdrew it in a hurry. There's the Hexa that replaced it and is generations ahead in terms of evolution.

As spares should still be available through Tata it is probably a reasonable buy. A small premium for its being lightly used might also be in order, check that out.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 12:38   #12175
BHPian

Thanks, will get it checked at TASS first and then think of proceeding. I will come back to you with a query again on what price point to quote. Am very bad at bargaining.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:22   #12176
BHPian

I am thinking to sell my Hyundai i10 Magna 1.1L Petrol, 2008 registered, Regularly serviced without any major issues, Only 44.5k on ODO in total. Rarely used on the highway. Some minor scratches around the body. Clean and well maintained interiors. Tyres changed 2 years and 10k kms ago.
I am new to the used car market.
What can be a reasonable price to start with?

Last edited by madhavgpai : 20th July 2017 at 13:22. Reason: typo
Old 20th July 2017, 15:33   #12177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Would going ahead be worthwhile. What issues or gremlins should I watch out for. What would be an ok price to quote. I have a hard stop at 4.5L but am wondering if that is too high.
@hserus and others advise please
I am not aware of the resale values in WB, but in the southern india, one can consider themself extremely lucky if they get such a sparingly used diesel vehicle for 4.5L. IMHO, if you really like the vehicle do not back on stretching your budget a little further.

Also, please check if the odo reading is genuine both from the Service history, Tyre manufacturing date(including the spare), assuming most would not change tyres before 30k kms.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:07   #12178
BHPian

Hi,

A friend is looking to buy a comfortable AT car in Bangalore. He's looking at a Ford Ecosport 18k KMS, 2014 model AT. What would be a good price for this?

Also, what is the kind of maintenance he's looking at for a 2014 model?
Old 20th July 2017, 23:06   #12179
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Lateral Upgrade thread:

Quoting from my own post, I have selected hyundai verna 2011,sx(o),1.6 crdi , 52450 kms, single owner. Quoting price is 7lakhs. Is this a good deal? Any comments please.
Old 20th July 2017, 23:49   #12180
BHPian

between 5 to 5.5 lakhs not more than that

Quote:
Quoting from my own post, I have selected hyundai verna 2011,sx(o),1.6 crdi , 52450 kms, single owner. Quoting price is 7lakhs. Is this a good deal? Any comments please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks