Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 19:27   #12091
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How much can I expect for my Ertiga Lxi, 2013 September Model, Done 28k Kms with factory fitted cng. The car is Mumbai registered with most of practical accessories like reverse sensor, reverse camera, art leather set cover, 3M Cr 70 film all around ( including front windshield), Pioneer touchscreen music system with Focal Component speakers, Power windows on all 4 windows. The car has been in comprehensive Insurance with Zero Depreciation policy. Plan to sell this and get a XUV 500. Request help in deciding the ideal selling price for it.
Old 7th June 2017, 19:28   #12092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How much can I expect for my Ertiga Lxi, 2013 September Model, Done 28k Kms with factory fitted cng. The car is Mumbai registered with most of practical accessories like reverse sensor, reverse camera, art leather set cover, 3M Cr 70 film all around ( including front windshield), Pioneer touchscreen music system with Focal Component speakers, Power windows on all 4 windows. The car has been in comprehensive Insurance with Zero Depreciation policy. Plan to sell this and get a XUV 500. Request help in deciding the ideal selling price for it.
You should expect somewhere about 4 Lacs and sell if you get anything more than that
Since ertigas have a good resale, you can advertise for around 4.75!!
Old 7th June 2017, 22:04   #12093
BANNED

Fellow BHPians, I'm planning to sell my 2011 Ford Figo Petrol Lxi with 71K on the ODO. Tires were changed to stock size last year. Michelin XM2 and car was serviced last at 70K. My location is Delhi. Would be thankful for your inputs.
Old 7th June 2017, 23:26   #12094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow BHPians, I'm planning to sell my 2011 Ford Figo Petrol Lxi with 71K on the ODO. Tires were changed to stock size last year. Michelin XM2 and car was serviced last at 70K. My location is Delhi. Would be thankful for your inputs.
Anything around 1.4 lacs
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 20:24   #12095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
You should expect somewhere about 4 Lacs and sell if you get anything more than that
Since ertigas have a good resale, you can advertise for around 4.75!!
Looks like the prices in Mumbai is much much higher, spoke to dealer and he offered me 5.65 Lakhs for exchange, and this was without any negotiations. I tried checking used car sites for Ertiga in Mumbai and vehicles with similar Kms/Years are being quoted higher than 6.5 Lakhs . So looks like around 6 can be expected with some time in hand.
Old 8th June 2017, 20:26   #12096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Looks like the prices in Mumbai is much much higher, spoke to dealer and he offered me 5.65 Lakhs for exchange, and this was without any negotiations. I tried checking used car sites for Ertiga in Mumbai and vehicles with similar Kms/Years are being quoted higher than 6.5 Lakhs . So looks like around 6 can be expected with some time in hand.
That's around the price of a new one in Delhi, Delhi ex showroom is 6.13 with healthy discounts
Old 8th June 2017, 23:04   #12097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Agreed, have been using it for more than a year now and have never been stopped so far.

Thought of re-registering, but the cost was on a higher side, when enquired with a trustworthy person who has contacts in RTO. Unfortunately, my visits to Bangalore is very infrequent now and also the primary idea was to shift to an automatic for multiple other reasons.
Drive the car to Bangalore and sell it there then. Chennai traffic is not as insane as Bangalore so even a manual should be reasonable to use. Please think well before you sell it.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 23:26   #12098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Something like a 2012..13 model with under 50k on the clock might be ideal I guess (though I see people saying just buy the older ones, corollas last forever)? What is the sweet spot on price / ease of maintenance and reliability for a corolla?
Cuz they do. I was skeptical of the supposedly legendary Toyota build quality myself, until I drove an Altis we have in the family. Its a 2012 model diesel, run about 2.5L km, and still drives like its brand new. No rattles, no difference in the power, nothing. I'm more than impressed. We also have a 2013 Fortuner thats run about 1.75L with absolutely no problems.

So, in theory, picking up one thats run 1L and thats had periodic maintenance shouldnt be a problem at all. Probably just hitting its sweet spot in terms of engine life.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 12:15   #12099
BHPian

Hey Guys, I am looking to buy a used car. But all the major sites - olx, quikr have majority listings by the dealer and its hard to find an individual seller on these sites.

Any tips/suggestions as to which site should I be using to find a used car being sold directly by the owner rather than the dealer.
Old 9th June 2017, 14:52   #12100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Any tips/suggestions as to which site should I be using to find a used car being sold directly by the owner rather than the dealer.
You could check in Carwale with the seller option set to "individual". Most of them are genuine sellers. Downside is that most of them quote a high price.
There is a similar option available in quikr as well, though quikr is not as widely used as Olx, which is devoid of any such option. However, you could look at the user profile in Olx to find if the user posted any other car ads & conclude if he is a dealer.

Note: Some sellers do pose as individuals. A point from _

Quote:
Fake owners: Watch out for sellers who have just bought a car to make a quick buck on the resale. If the form is already signed (or the "owner" hesitates to sign on the delivery note) it is a sign that you are dealing with a broker.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 16:33   #12101
BHPian

What should be the fair value of a 2007 1.8V Automatic Honda Civic?
first owner, 60,000km, glossy black roof.
the body & bumper does have a few scratches here & there, no major dents.
Old 11th June 2017, 22:15   #12102
BHPian

Friends,
Finalized 2 Ford Cars. Have ended up with confusion.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 NonABS 2013 run 30000kms - 4L
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium 2014 run 28000kms - 3.8L

I loved the way Petrol Engine responded. Already addicted as i TDed 4 difference Fiesta 1.6 petrol cars in weekend. However, I keep hearing the maintenance cost is too high for Fiesta.
How is Figo compared to Fiesta maintenance?
Is there any sub-standard quality parts in Figos compared to Fiesta?
Does Figo carry same Driving Dynamics of Fiesta?

I intend to keep the car for 4-5yrs.
For getting that Driving Dynamics [Ride Quality/Handling/Steering feedback/Suspension/build quality] I would like to stick to Ford/Fiat. Already owned Punto earlier. Hence, would like to try for Ford. I know Ford is also pathetic given the recent reviews.

I have started looking for Suzuki SX4 which seems good with 1.6 VVT engine.

Last option would be to go for Punto MJD 90HP. But, what if Fiat closes in next 2-3yrs.

PS: Since prices in BLR is quite high, was checking cars from AP/TN/TS/MH/KL. They seem to match the prices as expected. Pretty decent prices.

For ex: In TN, used Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 2014 costs 3.5-3.7L. Compared to BLR which prices over 5.5L. Same for models like Punto EVO/Avventura/Figo. Even Abarth.
Probably road tax difference need to pay around 50-60K max which is less than BLR rates plus latest models.
Old 11th June 2017, 22:22   #12103
Senior - BHPian

Karnataka RTO and cops will harass you if you drive out of state vehicles and stay in Bangalore. So think twice about buying out of state to save money. You also need a local address in the state you buy it in, so that is some additional RTO bribery you will have to engage in.

The fiesta looks like a good buy to me, the maintenance cost isn't terribly high if you're a careful driver. Figo is not as fun to drive - you seem to be looking for high revving cars with great dynamics, figo is kind of underpowered for your tastes, but a pleasure to drive in city traffic where you won't need to be a speed demon anyway, much easier to park etc
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 19:26   #12104
BHPian

I am being offered an Audi Q5 Premium 3.0L 2015 done 40000km on the ODO.
IS it good?
Old 15th June 2017, 20:09   #12105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I am being offered an Audi Q5 Premium 3.0L 2015 done 40000km on the ODO.
IS it good?
It is a good car with good power but this is the price check thread, at least tell us the price and any other condition of the car
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks