Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2018, 10:20   #12841
BHPian
 
prsnck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 43 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Going by your post car looks in good shape, but hard to believe it did only so many running in all the 10+ years.

Also, you have to change all the tyres, keep upto 20k for that.

Also check out for a well maintained Corolla of 2006 types you should be able to get below 2.5, which is a next segment car, unless you only want a Baleno.

PS - I am running a pre-owned 2006 Corolla now, and very happy with Toyota reliability and service levels, and not to mention that service costs are lower than my earlier Accent.

KK
Thanks HakunaMatata for the info. I took delivery of the car and i'm loving it. Yet to take for a highway ride. I know Toyota reliability thanks to the Innova drive from past 5-6 years. !! Happy ride !!
prsnck is offline  
Old 19th July 2018, 10:25   #12842
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, any opinion on this.. Reposting again.

It's a June 2016 manufactured Duster AMT RXZ in pearl white colour, bought in September 2016 and registered in Oct 2016.

Thanks in advance.
You can expect anywhere between 20 to 30 percent less of the new vehicle cost.
mercedised is offline  
Old 19th July 2018, 10:31   #12843
BHPian
 
prsnck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
When heart rules head has to take a back seat. No harm in that. Get a mechanic check the car thoroughly and go for it. Just 20k more than what you already are ok to give. Go for it. You may not get such a sample again.
Thanks a lot Narayan for the inspiration !! your all motivation was need to push me go for it. Went with a mechanic, took delivery of Baleno and your wording "you may not get such a sample" comes from lots of experience in getting hold of a good pre-worshipped car. All my cars so far been used 1 lakh plus though it still serves the purpose but first time driving a 25k km run used car !! It's a great feeling !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
13 year old car. Old engine. Not worth picking this one up.
Why don't you look at a SX4 petrol 2010-11 model? You will get them for 2 or 2.5 lakh and that too for a top end used SX4

Avoid the baleno
In my experience as we all says a mid life crisis "Age is just a number" - same hold true for car. Though less run and new models are better - can't underestimate the power of some legacy cars like baleno, old honda city - Sorry i'm a fan of them ! You drive them won't feel like leaving them. Not to hurt your feelings and suggestions of SX-4 its also a nice car. !! Thanks for your little cents of inputs !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
An update on this for the community's benefit in general and for any Amaze buyers/sellers specifically :
He got a firm offer of 4.9lakh from a serious buyer which he was good with. But in the meantime his wife changed her mind about selling the car and he had also chanced upon GTO's thread "YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?" & decided to retain the Amaze. The buyer then upped his offer to 5.25lakhs, but he decided to retain the car for few more years.

That almost reads like my 2005 BalenoLxi except for the odo which is 95K km in my case. Otherwise, the soft clutch, 2004Dec tyres (changed few years ago), 2005 March make, stock unused stepney (still the 2004Dec Bridgestone stepney ) are all the same.

Not a used car expert here, but even factoring in higher KA new-car prices, his asking price of 2.1L seems high. If you think 1.85L is reasonable given the car's low running and impeccable condition, just quote it and leave it at that, with another 5K buffer for closing the deal at 1.9L max. If there are buyers ready to take it for 2.1, he would have sold it, no ?

Btw, the car is one sweet thing to drive. Even 13yrs later every drive on my Baleno brings a smile to my lips and there aren't many cars in the sub-20L bracket that it can't take on, even today.

And if you are the normal driver, you can putter along in city traffic without constant gear changes and a good FE that would not be matched even by many hatchbacks.
Thanks for your valuable inputs SupremoBaleno !! Took delivery of car and I'm loving it. That feel of 25k km is something awesome. Yet to take for a long drive. you still use the same stepney !! Good to know you still using the car and loving it !! I been a OHC user till now but just wanted to feel what is like driving a Baleno !! lol

Tyres are the only worry (not worry though) since mechanic told not so great for highway ride. I'm not sure. Is moving to 185/60R 14 a better idea.Mechanic suggested again a big NO.
I'm trying to source first a Baleno alloys and see. . Maybe I will put this in other thread of baleno. I will PM you if you feel free to discuss some items !!

Regards
Prsn

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2018 at 10:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:03   #12844
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
5 or less will be a good deal. 4.5 will be a mouth watering deal.
Carwale shows 5.7L to 6.2L as a good valuation in bangalore (though 4.7L to 5.3L in mumbai). Can it be this different?
Attached Images
 
dineshdileep is offline  
Old 19th July 2018, 12:56   #12845
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 3,349 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshdileep View Post
Carwale shows 5.7L to 6.2L as a good valuation in bangalore (though 4.7L to 5.3L in mumbai). Can it be this different?
A three year old car will lose atleast 35 to 40 percent of value, especially a car like i10 grand which is not hot property in the used car market. But yes, Bangalore prices are ridiculously high.
2000rpm is offline  
Old 19th July 2018, 12:59   #12846
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 612
Thanked: 708 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshdileep View Post
Carwale shows 5.7L to 6.2L as a good valuation in bangalore (though 4.7L to 5.3L in mumbai). Can it be this different?
Yes, Bangalore used car prices are way higher than the Mumbai levels.

When I was checking out pre owned Corolla, I got a 2006 well maintained, less run one for 3.1 here, but that time when I had checked Mumbai prices it was available at 2.5 for the similar examples.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 19th July 2018 at 13:01.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 16:52   #12847
Senior - BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 1,149
Thanked: 744 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello guys,
Have came across a 2013 Toyota Corolla Altis VL-AT, the car seems in a pretty good nick and has done 35K KMS. Of course, this needs to be verified against the service records. I interested in this car, the dealer is quoting INR 8.25L for this. Per OBV, the price range is around INR 7.65L to 8.12L.

Thanks
hiren.mistry is offline  
Old 22nd July 2018, 19:36   #12848
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,143
Thanked: 7,319 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello guys,
Have came across a 2013 Toyota Corolla Altis VL-AT, the car seems in a pretty good nick and has done 35K KMS. Of course, this needs to be verified against the service records. I interested in this car, the dealer is quoting INR 8.25L for this. Per OBV, the price range is around INR 7.65L to 8.12L.

Thanks
Bargain away, he will come down a decent amount. Of course check the clutch, tyres, battery, body and underbody rust if any etc to build your case. Such a lightly used Corolla is an excellent thing to have even if you pay a slight premium, those things will go on and on and on so even one that has done a lakh km is worth a look.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 20:16   #12849
Senior - BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 1,149
Thanked: 744 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Bargain away, he will come down a decent amount. Of course check the clutch, tyres, battery, body and underbody rust if any etc to build your case. Such a lightly used Corolla is an excellent thing to have even if you pay a slight premium, those things will go on and on and on so even one that has done a lakh km is worth a look.
Thanks hserus, I am planning to offer 7.5L, let's see how it goes. The bonus is the car has been recently serviced, could not check it but will go again to see it.

Will also take the car to Toyota Service station for a check, hope nothing comes up.
hiren.mistry is offline  
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:38   #12850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 105
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Guys,

I am planning to sell Verna CRDI 2012 1.6 EX model which has done 74000 Kms. What should be the fair price to expect? I am thinking in range of 4 to 4.25.

Regards
Sang is offline  
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:00   #12851
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,143
Thanked: 7,319 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks hserus, I am planning to offer 7.5L, let's see how it goes. The bonus is the car has been recently serviced, could not check it but will go again to see it.

Will also take the car to Toyota Service station for a check, hope nothing comes up.
You might get it a bit costlier than that. Toyota often sells for a premium compared to other cars. Good luck.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 12:46   #12852
BHPian
 
akhil_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Guys,

I am planning to sell Verna CRDI 2012 1.6 EX model which has done 74000 Kms. What should be the fair price to expect? I am thinking in range of 4 to 4.25.

Regards
My friend bought a similar car last month for 5.15L in Bangalore. The car had new set of tyres and new clutch though. It was a single owner vehicle as well.
Verna generally has good resale atleast in Bangalore.
akhil_007 is offline  
Old 23rd July 2018, 15:14   #12853
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 105
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
My friend bought a similar car last month for 5.15L in Bangalore. The car had new set of tyres and new clutch though. It was a single owner vehicle as well.
Verna generally has good resale atleast in Bangalore.
Thanks ! Mine is also single owner, though second owner on paper as was on company name before got transferred to my name. I got new tyres installed at 60K but clutch is still the original one. Here in NCR used car prices are towards lower side anyway.
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 17:04   #12854
BHPian
 
akhil_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Thanks ! Mine is also single owner, though second owner on paper as was on company name before got transferred to my name. I got new tyres installed at 60K but clutch is still the original one. Here in NCR used car prices are towards lower side anyway.
Ownership number is purely based on rc card. So shave off 50-75k from your expected price.
akhil_007 is offline  
Old 24th July 2018, 18:47   #12855
Senior - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai / Kochi
Posts: 5,376
Thanked: 2,205 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
Took delivery of car and I'm loving it. That feel of 25k km is something awesome.
How much did you finally pay for it ? And what colour is it ? Do post a pic. Or even better, please start an ownership thread on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
I been a OHC user till now but just wanted to feel what is like driving a Baleno
One difference you would notice is the incredible range in each gear - the 1st gear is good till 50kmph and the 2nd till about 110kmph, before hitting the redline. Ofcourse not suggesting you try this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
Is moving to 185/60R 14 a better idea. Mechanic suggested again a big NO.
What is the reason he has against it ? The stock VXi tyres were 185/65R14.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks