Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2018, 20:45   #12961
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
This will be second car - mainly for city run so looking for a smaller/hatchback (Petrol) with decent interiors - budget 3L in Hyderabad. Any Suggestions what cars should I include in my target search list? I am thinking of Swift but are any other good options that I should consider ?
Should probably post this in what car section. Anyways, hard to replace an Alto with another fuel efficient car. If you are ready to compromise with FE, following cars are fair options(IMHO)-
  • 2 years old Tiago XE/XM petrol.
  • 4 years old Bolt/Zest XM petrol.
  • 5-6 years old Figo Titanium Diesel/petrol.
  • 5 years old Brio V/VX MT.
  • 5-6 years old i20 Asta 1.2 petrol.
  • 5 years old Grand i10 Magna/Sportz petrol.
  • 6-7 years old i10 Sportz/Asta petrol.

Others, please free to add to the list.

Not suggesting Kwid's, Eon's, Wagon R's & Celerio's as they are not worthy upgrades from the Alto. There are plenty of sedans available in that budget but they would all be close to a decade old.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 16th October 2018 at 20:48.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 09:07   #12962
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I was looking for used duster and found one @ Trident used cars showrrom, Bangalore.
The vehicle is registered in 2014, 25000 kms on ODO, 85PS, RXL-OPT Variant.

The dealer is quoting 7.85 lakhs for this.

To check the value of car, I was trying to evaluate the price check in IBB and Orange Value book.
To my surprise, both quoted 2 different prices.

IBB - 8.72 to 9.13 lakhs.
OBV - 6.6 to 7.1 lakhs.

To my knowledge, OBV had more realistic price than IBB.
Is IBB quoting too much price because they are part of Mahindra first choice? This may help them to convince customers. Not sure what the trick is here.

Also, what should be the ideal price to buy this vehicle? I am buying from Trident used car and they are providing me one year warranty for engine and gearbox.
Old 18th October 2018, 07:42   #12963
BHPian

What would be a good price for 8 month (2018 nrw model)17k km run Audi q3 Technology trim ? It has 3 years warranty left on it. The car's first service of 15k kms has just been completed and i will get an assessment and vehicle history from the dealer. It is spotless clean look wise.

The on road price post discount for a new car is 48 lacs.
Old 18th October 2018, 09:41   #12964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
What would be a good price for 8 month (2018 nrw model)17k km run Audi q3 Technology trim ? It has 3 years warranty left on it. The car's first service of 15k kms has just been completed and i will get an assessment and vehicle history from the dealer. It is spotless clean look wise.

The on road price post discount for a new car is 48 lacs.
A good way to arrive at a fair price would be to consider below factors

1. Condition of car - obvious
2. Try to check going prices for any other premium segment car from this price band among the Big 3 and see what is typical first year depreciation. Hearsay suggests that resale prices are best for BMW, Mercs followed by Audi in this segment.
3. This car is possibly a 2017 manufactured car bought at a good discount in the beginning of this year. Do consider this factor.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 22:12   #12965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Hyundai i10 is another good choice for a city hatchback. It has super light controls, compact size and a good quality cabin. I've driven the 1.1-litre variant for some time and the engine feels completely at home in traffic. So yes, give first priority to i10 and then Swift/Ritz.
Many thanks Self_driven! yes, it seems i10 is most popular in that budget. I did drive this for a short period long back and wasn't super impress but I think it make sense to consider given that it is second car for city run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Should probably post this in what car section. Anyways, hard to replace an Alto with another fuel efficient car. If you are ready to compromise with FE, following cars are fair options(IMHO)-
  • 2 years old Tiago XE/XM petrol.
  • 4 years old Bolt/Zest XM petrol.
  • 5-6 years old Figo Titanium Diesel/petrol.
  • 5 years old Brio V/VX MT.
  • 5-6 years old i20 Asta 1.2 petrol.
  • 5 years old Grand i10 Magna/Sportz petrol.
  • 6-7 years old i10 Sportz/Asta petrol.

Others, please free to add to the list.

Not suggesting Kwid's, Eon's, Wagon R's & Celerio's as they are not worthy upgrades from the Alto. There are plenty of sedans available in that budget but they would all be close to a decade old.
Awesome! Many thanks for listing these options - it is really helpful. FE is not top of my mind because I will be using it to home-office commute for 80% time , which is less than 20 kms to and fro.

In addition to Swift and Ritz, I am adding Tiago , Figo and i10 to my search list now.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th October 2018 at 22:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
kanwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 22:39   #12966
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am thinking about getting a used car, mainly a 2014 Rapid 68k kms - Elegance 1.6 MT. The quoted price is 5.5 lakhs with a set of new tyres. The vehicle history is neat, and the vehicle was the ride for a former MD of a company, so have a clear service record.

1. What will be a good price?
2. Is it ok to get an used Rapid?
3. 1.6 vs 1.5 TDi. How the 1.6 stack up against the newer 1.5 engines?

Members, kindly share your suggestions.
Old 20th October 2018, 10:26   #12967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
Hi Team,

I am thinking about getting a used car, mainly a 2014 Rapid 68k kms - Elegance 1.6 MT. The quoted price is 5.5 lakhs with a set of new tyres. The vehicle history is neat, and the vehicle was the ride for a former MD of a company, so have a clear service record.

1. What will be a good price?
2. Is it ok to get an used Rapid?
3. 1.6 vs 1.5 TDi. How the 1.6 stack up against the newer 1.5 engines?

Members, kindly share your suggestions.

Just for reference, I sold my 2012 Rapid Ambition 1.6 Diesel, 55000kms, for 5 Lakhs 6 months ago.

So the price you have mentioned seems ok for 2014 model. But I would recommend you to look at cars which have done around 40k, you should get many such cars.

1.6 diesel is better than the 1.5, especially after the emission software update, which I feel the 1.6 reacted better to.

Rapid as such have some notable niggles, steering column and Rack issues, EGR failures. I have gone thru both these issues in my car, but luckily under warranty.

But in any case you cannot predict these issues. Drive the car, check for any steering column or rack noise. Thats about what you can check apart from running thru all service records.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 00:07   #12968

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to get a fair idea of how much my 2012 CL Jetta Tdi would fetch. It has done 33000 kms and recently got new michelin tyres and Amaron battery. It is remapped and I upgraded the head unit to a rcd 330 plus with carplay. Car is in very good condition with minor scratches on front bumper (one side only). Other than that its pretty clean.
I'm currently looking out to buy a pre-owned Jetta. Do let me know if you are interested to sell it.
Old 21st October 2018, 07:47   #12969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroan View Post
I'm currently looking out to buy a pre-owned Jetta. Do let me know if you are interested to sell it.

Just curious, when did VW stop selling the Jetta? About a year ago?
Old 21st October 2018, 08:02   #12970

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just curious, when did VW stop selling the Jetta? About a year ago?
VW stopped production of Jetta last year February, cause of declining sales. Here's the thread on team-bhp volkswagen-jetta-production-stopped (R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped).
Old 21st October 2018, 09:53   #12971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just for reference, I sold my 2012 Rapid Ambition 1.6 Diesel, 55000kms, for 5 Lakhs 6 months ago.
Just curious. Where did you sell your car (dealer/ individual) ? My car is of similar vintage and mileage. Your post is giving me ideas
Old 21st October 2018, 12:55   #12972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Just curious. Where did you sell your car (dealer/ individual) ? My car is of similar vintage and mileage. Your post is giving me ideas

Used car Dealers and exchange offers thru new car showrooms are the worst way to sell off a Skoda!

I was getting quotes in the range of 3.75 to 4 from re-sellers.

I posted in CarTrade.com and finally sold to an individual in Bangalore. I had a very bad experience in OLX and Quikr since the enquires were not serious and folks would keep calling with some absurd offers.
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:59   #12973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
the vehicle was the ride for a former MD of a company.
Not sure how that is a positive thing in your selection criteria. Agreed he may have the service history. But, being an MD, the previous owner would've most probably had a driver driving that car, and from my experience most drivers don't give two hoots about how they drive their owner's cars.

Just my 2 cents
Old 24th October 2018, 07:57   #12974
BHPian

Hello guys, I came across another duster yesterday. It's 2016 registered, 8500 kms on odo, 85ps explore edition. The vehicle looks to be in pristine condition. The dealer quotes 8 lakhs, which I am okay with it. My only question is diesel engine with such a low odo for 2 years doesn't cause any issues in the long run. Can someone help me with this?
Old 24th October 2018, 10:06   #12975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Hello guys, I came across another duster yesterday. It's 2016 registered, 8500 kms on odo, 85ps explore edition. The vehicle looks to be in pristine condition. The dealer quotes 8 lakhs, which I am okay with it. My only question is diesel engine with such a low odo for 2 years doesn't cause any issues in the long run. Can someone help me with this?
I don't think modern diesel engine have this issue of low running. Last year I bought VW Jetta 2011 model which had done just 10k KMS, yes it had the complete service record hence no scope of odometer tampering. The current reading is now 26k KMS and absolutely no issues.
saurabhkum is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks