Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 10:14   #13111
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
With some bargaining, you'd be able to bring down the price to Rs. 5-5.25 lakhs depending on the condition.
Seller is not willing to sell a rupee less than 5.50.

Quote:
The first option doesn't make much sense as the car is already registered with MSIL and you'll be the second owner. Plus it's a media car, high chances of being thoroughly abused right from day one.
Agree. Even though the seller has come down to 5.85. I don't even know if the car is all original or painted with/without replaced body panels. It just looks brand new.

Quote:
Search for a showroom display car (pre-facelift) if you want the best deal.
With such a hot selling car, it is almost impossible to get such a car/deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
You shall be better off with an Elite i20 Magna/Sportz, with a bit more miles @ 3-3.5L.
Searching but not getting.
Old 21st April 2019, 19:07   #13112
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Searching but not getting.
There are quite a few listed on droom

Droom - Noida / Gurgaon / Delhi

PS : i am not affiliated to them in Anyway. Been looking for one myself, found them.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 19:32   #13113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
There are quite a few listed on droom

Droom - Noida / Gurgaon / Delhi
Thanks but they are too overpriced and nothing in the range of 3.0-3.5 as suggested.
Old 21st April 2019, 19:40   #13114
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thanks but they are too overpriced and nothing in the range of 3.0-3.5 as suggested.
Agree. Majority of the listings are overpriced but it's typical marketplace. you can negotiate the listed price.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:40   #13115

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi fellow bhpians

Confused on a deal which I’m staring at. Some guidance will help.

I currently drive a Vento manual Petrol and looking for a second car.

Shortlisted a skoda Octavia tdi AT elegance 2015 model done 30k km with a first owner. He initially slated his price at 17L and has come down to 14L after going back and forth.

At 14L is this a good buy or should I just wait for the harrier AT / MG hector

Points to be considered
- I don’t drive more than 1500 km a month
- must be AT
- love the Octavia looks and sturdiness
- sunroof demanded by my 4 yo daughter
- will hold on to the car for 5-6 years atleast
abishekkalro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 16:01   #13116
BHPian

2013 Petrol Manual Altis, done 51k kilometres. What should be the ideal price?
Old 26th April 2019, 23:53   #13117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
Confused on a deal which I'm staring at. Some guidance will help.

That sounds way too high. Just for reference I checked out a 2015 Skoda Octavia tDI MT done 18000 kms today. The asking price is 9lacs and slightly negotiable. 14 lacs for a five year old Octavia is high IMHO. Try to bring it down to 9-10.5 lacs tops.

Last edited by ampere : 29th April 2019 at 09:02. Reason: trimmed quoted post
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 02:01   #13118
BHPian

What would be the fair price for a 2013 EcoSport Titanium AT, single owner, run 50k kms in Bangalore?
Old 27th April 2019, 07:12   #13119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
2013 Petrol Manual Altis, done 51k kilometres. What should be the ideal price?

If the car is in good shape - no suspension issue, no immediate expenses - then you can possibly look from 5.5 to 6 given it is manual and 6 year old now. I picked auto box @ 40k at a much higher price. Would recommend 6+ only when it is well maintained and looks the same from both in and out.

I have faced suspension issues in both the corollas and would recommend a thourough check at service center.
vivek.ks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 08:05   #13120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
What would be the fair price for a 2013 EcoSport Titanium AT, single owner, run 50k kms in Bangalore?
Please see my quoted post below. He bought it in March 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My friend picked up an 2013 Ecosport AT for 5L in Bangalore. It had done ~ 50K on the ODO, but was kept unused for last 1 year. He got the car inspected by a mechanic, changed all fluids, and added new set of tyres. Interior was not in good shape, we took it to 3M got it cleaned and detailed (exterior as well). He spent an additional ~ 50K for maintenance, tyres, and detailing after taking delivery.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 23:36   #13121
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Hi guys need help. I am looking to buy a pre owned skoda Octavia. It's a 2015 Octavia ambient MT model. The car has done only 18000 kms till now. I checked the car and found a bit of noise when slotting it in the gears. So took it to skoda service centre to get a comprehensive check up done. The car has been timely serviced and everything else turned out to be fine except the noise which they attributed to fly wheel issue. They quoted 65000 rs approx cost of replacement of the flywheel. The car was a primary vehicle of the owner's wife and they are shifting abroad hence selling the car. The owner is asking 9lacs slightly negotiable and has even agreed to get the flywheel repaired at his own cost. Now I need help in, one deciding what offer should I make to the owner and second
, do you guys recommend me to buy this car. Your urgent help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 28th April 2019 at 23:38.
Old 29th April 2019, 07:57   #13122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi guys need help. I am looking to buy a pre owned skoda Octavia. It's a 2015 Octavia ambient MT model. The car has done only 18000 kms till now. everything else turned out to be fine except the noise which they attributed to fly wheel issue. They quoted 65000 rs approx cost of replacement of the flywheel. The owner is asking 9lacs slightly negotiable .Thanks.
As a multiple Skoda owner I can only inform you that owning a Skoda demands a big stout heart. It will give you great pleasure and equally great grief. You will also need to have a spare vehicle during the long downtime that the car will make you experience.
C'mon, which car gives gearbox noises leading to a flywheel change at 18 k km. Autorickshaws and Altos do several times better.
Spares and assemblies are very competitively priced... only that they compete with two segments higher.
fiestarry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 13:19   #13123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
As a multiple Skoda owner I can only inform you that owning a Skoda demands a big stout heart. It will give you great pleasure and equally great grief. You will also need to have a spare vehicle during the long downtime that the car will make you experience.
C'mon, which car gives gearbox noises leading to a flywheel change at 18 k km. Autorickshaws and Altos do several times better.
Spares and assemblies are very competitively priced... only that they compete with two segments higher.
I completely agree with you. It’s the pleasure one derives out of driving such a car is where’s heart trumps the mind. So what would you suggest me in this case. Should I look elsewhere or consider this option.
Old 29th April 2019, 14:21   #13124
BANNED

This particular car with a problematic gearbox is highly avoidable.
To be honest, this 'driving pleasure' part is closely linked to happy ownership. If the car has unreliable components, it will make you pause before attempting a long drive, after the first bitter experience. One breakdown on the highway with family in tow will have you putting it on OLX in a hurry.
Unlike the Hondas and Toyotas, Skodas are nicer to own only when new.
The Skoda A$$ has a bit of a reputation as well !
fiestarry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 01:07   #13125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
This particular car with a problematic gearbox is highly avoidable.
To be honest, this 'driving pleasure' part is closely linked to happy ownership. If the car has unreliable components, it will make you pause before attempting a long drive, after the first bitter experience. One breakdown on the highway with family in tow will have you putting it on OLX in a hurry.
Unlike the Hondas and Toyotas, Skodas are nicer to own only when new.
The Skoda A$$ has a bit of a reputation as well !
I concur fully. Peace of mind while owning a car is very important. A friend of mine suggested me to get the noise checked by a reliable fng instead of blindly believing the skoda service centre guys. He is well versed with their notoriety. He owns a superb for the past nine years and has been visiting this particular garage for 6 years now for his car upkeep. His superb is in mint condition even after driven for 1.5 lac kms. Planning to get it checked and then take a final call.
rajamuneeb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks