Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2019, 09:36   #13141
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 289
Thanked: 509 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am getting a 2011 VAT 60000 kms run car in Good Condition (has the usual Civic problems like faded power window panels, leather seats which require conditioning, etc) for about 3 lakhs. Is the price worth it or should I negotiate further?

Also what gearbox does the civic have, TC or CVT? I just sold my City as I didnt like the CVT much. If the Civic's gearbox is like the City CVT, I would stay away from the car (inspite of all the love I have for the Civic). A Manual it will be then!
I recently sold my 2011 Skoda rapid TDI run 90k kms for 3 lacs. Hence, in comparison, 3 lacs for a 2011 civic is a great deal
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 09:54   #13142
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,294
Thanked: 4,363 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I recently sold my 2011 Skoda rapid TDI run 90k kms for 3 lacs. Hence, in comparison, 3 lacs for a 2011 civic is a great deal
I think two parameters here to consider
1. You seem to be from Bangalore, hence you would have an additional premium because of that
2. Diesel cars typically command a premium over petrol cars in the used vehicle market as well
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:16   #13143
BHPian
 
Ponbaarathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 92
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What could be a fair buying price for a 2013 May manufactured 2014 Jan registered Swift Dzire zxi which has clocked 50500 km? The car is being sold by a individual in Chennai. The condition of the car is said to be good. The asking price is 4.35L
Ponbaarathi is online now  
Old 7th May 2019, 10:36   #13144
BHPian
 
sunejarahul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 152
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
What should be the ideal asking price of a 2018 Oyster Grey Hyundai i10 Magna which has clocked 85k kms?
Edit: The car is a April 2008 model and not 2018.





Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
These just don't add up. I first thought it's a 2018 Grand i10, but to have run 85k kms in one year and selling for 85k...

It has to be an old, first-gen 2008 Hyundai i10, right?
Yes, you're right. My bad, should have prpof read before posting...
sunejarahul is offline  
Old 7th May 2019, 10:46   #13145
BHPian
 
self_driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 773
Thanked: 1,931 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Is the price worth it or should I negotiate further?
Not sure about the situation in Mumbai, but Civics have zero demand here.

Considering your location, Rs. 3 lakhs for a 2011 facelift seems to be slightly on the higher side even if there are no immediate expenses required (insurance, tyres, battery etc.). In Delhi, pre-facelift Civics go for around Rs. 1.5 lakhs max. but have to say those are in pretty beat up shape.

Quote:
Also what gearbox does the civic have, TC or CVT?
Torque converter. If this is not your daily driver, I would suggest you to consider manual variants as well. More fun to drive, better fuel efficiency and lower price.

Last edited by self_driven : 7th May 2019 at 10:54.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:08   #13146
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 351
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
What could be a fair buying price for a 2013 May manufactured 2014 Jan registered Swift Dzire zxi which has clocked 50500 km? The car is being sold by a individual in Chennai. The condition of the car is said to be good. The asking price is 4.35L
These are the estimates that I found online, based on the condition (Fair to Excellent):
CarWale: 4.26L to 4.54L
Cars24: 4.01L to 4.37L

You can use these as a guide.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:20   #13147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vijayawada-AP
Posts: 290
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
What could be a fair buying price for a 2013 May manufactured 2014 Jan registered Swift Dzire zxi..
2013 May manufactured, but registered in 2014 Jan. A gap of around 7 months for registration. That too for Swift Dzire which I guess was a hot selling cake during those days. Is there anything I'm missing here..
vvrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:39   #13148
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,419
Thanked: 8,116 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
2013 May manufactured, but registered in 2014 Jan. A gap of around 7 months for registration. That too for Swift Dzire which I guess was a hot selling cake during those days. Is there anything I'm missing here..
Demo car or display piece most probably. Probably got heavily abused in those 7 months.
hserus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 13:26   #13149
Senior - BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 827 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am getting a 2011 VAT 60000 kms run car in Good Condition (has the usual Civic problems like faded power window panels, leather seats which require conditioning, etc) for about 3 lakhs. Is the price worth it or should I negotiate further?

Also what gearbox does the civic have, TC or CVT? I just sold my City as I didnt like the CVT much. If the Civic's gearbox is like the City CVT, I would stay away from the car (inspite of all the love I have for the Civic). A Manual it will be then!
The price seems reasonable to me. The Civic came with a 5-speed conventional Torque Converter gearbox with a rather tall final gear which results in a very peaceful cruising. Less than 2K RPM at 100 kmph, IIRC.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 13:59   #13150
BHPian
 
Ponbaarathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 92
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
2013 May manufactured, but registered in 2014 Jan. A gap of around 7 months for registration. That too for Swift Dzire which I guess was a hot selling cake during those days. Is there anything I'm missing here..
I checked with a MASS today and as per them, the colour (Metallic beige) was a slow moving one and the car was probably lying in the yard before he took delivery. And the car's service history is clear with on-time service done throughout the ownership.
Ponbaarathi is online now  
Old 8th May 2019, 10:20   #13151
BHPian
 
sibot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 203
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I have a general question, what premium can I offer for a car that Cars24 has priced at 2.17L? It is a Toyota Altis 2010 Petrol with 1.03L on the odo. The car is owned by a family friend and we offered him 2.2L based on the valuation by Cars24.
sibot is offline  
Old 8th May 2019, 11:19   #13152
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 289
Thanked: 509 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I have a general question, what premium can I offer for a car that Cars24 has priced at 2.17L? It is a Toyota Altis 2010 Petrol with 1.03L on the odo. The car is owned by a family friend and we offered him 2.2L based on the valuation by Cars24.
You can check in other car valuation sites like orange book value. Cars 24 gives really low quotes. A quick check for petrol altis 2010 shows me approx 5 lacs on OBV.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:36   #13153
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,837
Thanked: 6,134 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Can someone help me with a price check? I am trying to help my boss sell his X5. Its a Delhi car, with ten year coming up in june. SO I have to sell it outside NCR.
The thing is that the car is in the business's name, and there was a minor rebranding activity which altered the name of the company. This was changed in the RC of the car too, so now it shows 2 owners. So the price will take a hit if its sold, sine its going to be 3rd owner?

Its always been serviced by BMW, and not been driven by a driver. The guy is a car nut, his daily drivers are this and a 911.

What would a realistic expectation be for this?
mayankk is offline  
Old 14th May 2019, 08:05   #13154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 437
Thanked: 276 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I have a general question, what premium can I offer for a car that Cars24 has priced at 2.17L? It is a Toyota Altis 2010 Petrol with 1.03L on the odo. The car is owned by a family friend and we offered him 2.2L based on the valuation by Cars24.
I have the same year Altis petrol. Based on its condition, anything in the range 2.35 to 2.50 should be good.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 08:23   #13155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Noida
Posts: 119
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How much should I pay for Honda City 2016 SV petrol, DL registration, 25K km?
Is 6.5L fair price for it?

Thanks.

Last edited by navin : 14th May 2019 at 14:04. Reason: typo
vaasu is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks