Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 07:04   #13276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 63 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Need help here. I have been looking for cleanly maintained S-cross 1.6 for some time now and much a patient wait I have come across one. What price would be a fair deal?

Chennai, S.Cross 1.6 Alpha, 2017, 29k kms driven, first owner, No accident and looks pretty clean, Extended warranty (yet to know)

I haven't seen the vehicle yet.

This is my second vehicle and would this be a good option for the lady in the house who is a beginner in driving. I am looking to pick a safe car for city runs but my evil mind wants one so can be used for the highway runs. Who can say no if its a cleanly used one?
thenomad is offline  
Old 25th July 2019, 08:36   #13277
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 2,044 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
What price should I expect for a Tiago xza 2018 with 6900km in the odo?
Out of curiosity, why would you even want to sell her?
Lalvaz is offline  
Old 25th July 2019, 09:08   #13278
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NSEW
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 20,770 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post

Chennai, S.Cross 1.6 Alpha, 2017, 29k kms driven, first owner, No accident and looks pretty clean, Extended warranty (yet to know)

would this be a good option for the lady in the house who is a beginner in driving. I am looking to pick a safe car for city runs
A good car, no doubt, but this one isn't ideal for a beginner, and isn't one for city runs too.

I'd say 8L would be a ballpark number for the car.
vigsom is offline  
Old 25th July 2019, 09:12   #13279
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,422 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
This is my second vehicle and would this be a good option for the lady in the house who is a beginner in driving. I am looking to pick a safe car for city runs but my evil mind wants one so can be used for the highway runs. Who can say no if its a cleanly used one?
While the S Cross 1.6 was also on my list of "next car upgrade" back in 2016, when I ultimately went on the market for a new car earlier this year, the 1.6 was gone and became an unfulfilled dream. It was a great car to drive for the enthusiast.

However, when I see the quoted part of your query, I have to state that it is certainly not a suitable car for a first time lady driver. Why? Well for one, it is not a great car for city drives, especially crowded metros. Significant turbo lag and pretty unmanageable when the turbo kicks in, especially if there is a car in close proximity in front of you. Second, from the little that I have driven of the car, the clutch gets pretty hard and has a strong kick back action once the car has done a few thousand kilometers. Real workout for the left leg, and it comes a major annoyance fairly quickly when driving in real world traffic conditions.

For the highway, it is a fantastic cruiser and has good performance too. Nevertheless, as a second car meant for a first time lady driver and for city runs, you can do much better with a smaller and lighter hatchback or compact sedan, in my view. The 1.6 is not the car for this purpose.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th July 2019 at 09:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:22   #13280
BHPian
 
MuzzledMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MalluLand
Posts: 220
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Out of curiosity, why would you even want to sell her?
It was used by father who is 75 years old and has stopped driving. I purchased him this car last year and these days he has developed pain in legs and unable to drive
MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 13:43   #13281
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 669
Thanked: 650 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
What price should I expect for a Tiago xza 2018 with 6900km in the odo?
Hello MM,
You can expect a price of around 5-5.25L for your Tiago XTA.
Regards,
Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Chennai, S.Cross 1.6 Alpha, 2017, 29k kms driven, first owner, No accident and looks pretty clean, Extended warranty (yet to know)
Hello TN,
Around 8-8.25L is a fair price to pay.Check for extended warranty. If it doesn't have EW, do buy it. However if it'll be mainly used in the city,do give a thought to automatic transmission cars.
Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 14:52   #13282
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 7
Thanked: 9 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi everyone,

I am getting a Delhi registered Toyota Corolla Altis VL CVT 2011 Sep model for 4.5 (post negotiation) through a dealer, could you please let me know if this looks alright?

Some details:
Single owner
83000 on the odo verified through service records
Got it checked at a service center, rear break pads and discs might need change, some axle work is also on the cards, engine mounts might need to be changed in some time as well. But nothing needs urgent attention per Toyota. Otherwise, no issues with the car.
Delhi registration
Dealer claims to provide 1 year warranty on engine and transmission + 1 year roadside warranty

Thanks in advance!
dranzer is offline  
Old 27th July 2019, 23:24   #13283
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 479
Thanked: 113 Times

What should be a fair value for 2011 VW Jetta TDI. Done 56k kms and in perfect condition. Tyres have been changed around 7k kms back. The car is Mumbai registered with corporate registration and comprehensive insurance valid till January 2020.
saurabhkum is offline  
Old 28th July 2019, 08:53   #13284
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 30
Thanked: 71 Times

Hey all,
How much can I expect for my 2014 skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT Elegance ? It's done 75k kms and has always been serviced through the authorised service centre's in Delhi with a complete history record. The car is running smoothly and there are no problems.
I'm the third owner.
Asmt_b is offline  
Old 28th July 2019, 10:36   #13285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 99 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmt_b View Post
Hey all,
How much can I expect for my 2014 skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT Elegance ? It's done 75k kms and has always been serviced through the authorised service centre's in Delhi with a complete history record. The car is running smoothly and there are no problems.
I'm the third owner.
Since you are the third owner, you can expect anything north of 7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
What should be a fair value for 2011 VW Jetta TDI. Done 56k kms and in perfect condition. Tyres have been changed around 7k kms back. The car is Mumbai registered with corporate registration and comprehensive insurance valid till January 2020.
Your car can be sold for 6L to 10L
Around 8L would be the right price I think.

Source - Olx and knowledge of used car rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranzer View Post
Hi everyone,

I am getting a Delhi registered Toyota Corolla Altis VL CVT 2011 Sep model for 4.5 (post negotiation) through a dealer, could you please let me know if this looks alright?

Some details:
Single owner
83000 on the odo verified through service records
Got it checked at a service center, rear break pads and discs might need change, some axle work is also on the cards, engine mounts might need to be changed in some time as well. But nothing needs urgent attention per Toyota. Otherwise, no issues with the car.
Delhi registration
Dealer claims to provide 1 year warranty on engine and transmission + 1 year roadside warranty

Thanks in advance!
Since you have already taken all precautions and got the vehicle checked. I don't see any issues. 4L to 6L is the selling price of Corolla Altis. In Karnataka it's a bit higher due to high road tax.

Go ahead. It's a good deal.

Suggestions- Get the seat covers changes and new floor mats. 20K and a totally new feeling.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th July 2019 at 12:35.
Shashwat B is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:56   #13286
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NSEW
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 20,770 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranzer View Post
Hi everyone,

I am getting a Delhi registered Toyota Corolla Altis VL CVT 2011 Sep model for 4.5
83000 on the odo verified through service records
The quote is a little steep by Delhi standards. Four L is what you should be offering.

I am assuming this is the type2 Altis with the 2ZR-FE 138bhp engine.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 19:40   #13287
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 7
Thanked: 9 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
Since you have already taken all precautions and got the vehicle checked. I don't see any issues. 4L to 6L is the selling price of Corolla Altis. In Karnataka it's a bit higher due to high road tax.

Go ahead. It's a good deal.

Suggestions- Get the seat covers changes and new floor mats. 20K and a totally new feeling.
Thanks for the confirmation and suggestions Shashwat B. I will look into the changes once I finalize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The quote is a little steep by Delhi standards. Four L is what you should be offering.

I am assuming this is the type2 Altis with the 2ZR-FE 138bhp engine.
Thanks vigsom. By the conversation I had with the dealer, I am unsure if it would come down by much at the moment. Let me see. And yes, it is the post face-lift Altis.
dranzer is offline  
Old 28th July 2019, 21:04   #13288
BHPian
 
sambhav.jain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aurangabad, MH
Posts: 85
Thanked: 190 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hey everyone, I plan to sell 3 cars in the family. I would like to know what would be a good price.

1) 2012 April Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI MT petrol white colour run 65,000 kms, first owner.

2) 2017 September Jeep Compass Limited option 2.0 4x2 MT diesel black colour run about 15,000 kms, first owner.

3) 2010 February Honda Civic 1.8 V MT petrol grey colour run 52,000 kms, second owner.

All 3 cars are well maintained and in excellent condition with full service records available and Maharashtra registered.

Thanks in advance!!
sambhav.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 21:20   #13289
BHPian
 
Accent Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 131 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi,

coming December, I plan to upgrade and hence, I plan to sell my octavia 1.8 TSI (2016 Jan registered) which has currently run around 65000 kms. so by December it would might touch 70K.
what price can I expect which can be considered a good deal. Car is in good condition.

Thank you
Accent Martin is offline  
Old 28th July 2019, 22:54   #13290
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 99 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Hey everyone, I plan to sell 3 cars in the family. I would like to know what would be a good price.

1) 2012 April Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI MT petrol white colour run 65,000 kms, first owner.

2) 2017 September Jeep Compass Limited option 2.0 4x2 MT diesel black colour run about 15,000 kms, first owner.

3) 2010 February Honda Civic 1.8 V MT petrol grey colour run 52,000 kms, second owner.

All 3 cars are well maintained and in excellent condition with full service records available and Maharashtra registered.

Thanks in advance!!
1. 9.5 to 12 L for your skoda superb.

2. Around 14L - 16L.

3. For the civic about 3L



@Accent Martin,

For your Octavia a good deal will be anyone offering 15L and above. If you find someone who is an enthusiast and can judge the car well, he may offer a bit more. You can start negotiating from 16L

Please note -
The prices mentioned are with respect to my knowledge of used car pricing in bangalore, Karnataka.

Last edited by Shashwat B : 28th July 2019 at 22:57. Reason: Unable to use multi quote, hence editing this to respond to two Team-BHP members
Shashwat B is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks