Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 22:39   #14776
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Team, One of my relatives are looking at a 2017 December model Skoda Superb, with below details.

1. Skoda Superb L&K
2. Petrol + DSG
3. Ran 30000 kms.
4. City: Bangalore.
5. Condition: Car is in used condition, not in showroom condition as claimed by current owner.
6. No extended warranty taken by present owner. Car still has few months left in current warranty period.
7. Single owner.
8. Maintenance package is not taken by current owner.
9. Quoted price is 17 lacs.

Can someone please tell what is the best price for this car? And is this DSG gearbox prone fail even on Superb?
Old 15th August 2021, 12:03   #14777
BHPian

Hi All,

I am Looking for some suggestion on purchasing used Scross 1.6 Diesel. Based on my options below Please let me know
1. Is it better to buy from Maruti True Value or they are same as any other used car dealer?
2. Is the 125k premium worth for Alpha model? (I would Love Auto a/c, cruise control and ICE HU)
3. Should I go with Option 1 and use the funds for planned upgrades?

Option1:
Seller: Maruti True Value
Year: Dec-2015
Variant: Zeta
Kms: 90K kms
Price: 575K

Option2:
Seller: Local Dealer
Year: Sep-2015
Variant: Alpha
Kms: 50K kms
Price: 700K
Old 15th August 2021, 23:33   #14778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Team, One of my relatives are looking at a 2017 December model Skoda Superb, with below details.

1. Skoda Superb L&K
9. Quoted price is 17 lacs.

Can someone please tell what is the best price for this car? And is this DSG gearbox prone fail even on Superb?
How "used" is the car? Because if it is in good condition, I think it is a great deal or maybe I overpaid for my pre-owned Octavia.

I recently paid 18.6L for 2018 1.8 TSI Octavia which had 28k on the odometer in Bangalore.

Do get it thoroughly checked though from the Skoda service center to make sure it doesn't have any mechanical or electronic problem. They will charge you Rs 2500 for the full report.
how_you_doing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 22:22   #14779
BHPian

Hello all, I am looking to sell my car.
What should be the fair price for a Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz 1.1 CRDI 2014 Model.
It is a March 2014 manufactured and June 2014 registered in Delhi. Odo ~87000km with good condition, all service records and zero dep insurance till date without claims.
Old 17th August 2021, 16:11   #14780
BHPian

What should be the resale value for 2009 Maruti Suzuki SX4 VXi Petrol Manual transmission ?
The car has run only 46000 km in last 12 years and all stock - City being Ahmedabad
Old 17th August 2021, 17:28   #14781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Hi All,

I am Looking for some suggestion on purchasing used Scross 1.6 Diesel. Based on my options below Please let me know
1. Is it better to buy from Maruti True Value or they are same as any other used car dealer?
2. Is the 125k premium worth for Alpha model? (I would Love Auto a/c, cruise control and ICE HU)

Option1:

Option2:
MARUTI TRUE value gives you 1 yr warranty. They are always better and expensive than your local dealer.

90K is lot of mileage though.

Scross 1.6 parts are generally expensive and take some time to arrive.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 20:19   #14782
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Option1:

Option2:
700k for 6 year old is very high price to pay.

575k at TrueValue looks to be best bet as they offer one year warranty and three free services as well, are these prices for Banglore City as prices looks to be on higher side especially dealer quoted one.

Last edited by sankdeshmukh : 19th August 2021 at 20:21. Reason: Addition of a line.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 20:54   #14783
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Option1:
I don't know if my experience is typical, but I found Sagar True Value (Banerghatta Rd) to be extremely unethical. Do not go by the reputation of Maruti. After taking delivery, I got the car checked by Surakshaa, my regular ASS, and they found numerous issues. [they are reluctant to point out issues in a TV vehicle] In spite of pointing out the issues Sagar TV did not rectify them. Their warranty is useless, because you cannot pinpoint anything specifically. Finally, sold back the car within days and bought another newer Alto k10 (you can imagine how much money was lost in the process). And yet again, even with the newer Alto, the minor issues like the stereo wiring and duplicate key were never sorted out. Had to pay a FNG to fix the wiring and get a new key paying extra. Again, while taking this car in for regular maintenance at Surakshaa, came to know that they had not changed the air filter and spark plugs as they had promised. So beware!
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 06:37   #14784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
are these prices for Banglore City as prices looks to be on higher side especially dealer quoted one.
These are Mumbai prices
Old 20th August 2021, 11:08   #14785
BHPian

Quote:
These are Mumbai prices
Okay, used car dealer price is on very much higher side, off late dealers are asking premium on maruti diesel cars as maruti has stopped production of diesel cars post BS6 norms.

I would suggest pay 500k ballpark for almost 6yrs old cars else look out for Diesel Venue, Hyundai's 1.5 diesel engine is gem to drive. Diesel venue is around 11.4 to 14.5 range and non discontinued model means spares availability will not be an issue unlike Maruti's 1.6 diesel spares.
Old 20th August 2021, 11:36   #14786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Pay more attention to the condition of the car, service records, test drive and a proper check by a FNG (since one of the option is from Maruti). From the brief description, 5.75L seems okay. I had shared a few prices of my car and others in my thread if you need a comparative reference. But the final decision should depends on the above aspects. There are good dealers / garages in the Mumbai dealership section. See if any of them works out for you and have a connect with the shop guys. Might work out as a FNG servicing/repair shop for you too in the longer run.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th August 2021 at 11:39.
Old 20th August 2021, 23:17   #14787
BHPian

We are looking for an used automatic hatchback. As a first time car buyer, how many years back is it safe to go in the used category and which would be recommended cars to have fuss free ownership? We think we will stick with Hyundai or Maruti and that I guess leaves us with options like i10, Grand i10, celerio amt (no experience of amt but here I see people not favoring it).

I do see plethora of regular i10 from 201-2013 on OLX but not sure if I should go that far.

Also should I be exploring options like spinny?

I am located in Borivali, Mumbai.
Old 21st August 2021, 23:57   #14788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Hi Guys!

Honda Brio - 2015
Trim - VX AT
Mileage - 28,000 kms
Registration - WB
Asking Price 3.65 Lakhs

Car looks clean inside out and is well maintained. What should be the right price for this one?
Also any pointers from the current Brio owners on the things to look for specifically?
If you have done your bit verifying the service and ownership history, anything in the range of 3.5L +- 10K looks like a decent price for a Brio with under 30k on the ODO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Folks, what's a reasonable dealer-price for a 2013 Brio V AT with 60K kilometers, second owner?
Not more than 2.25 L, provided there are no issues in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Wow that's three different Brio related questions, almost back-to-back. We have a Brio classroom shaping up.
Would be nice if one of the Brio gurus chime in
A happy co-owner here
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 21:22   #14789
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
I Am from Bengaluru and looking for a small hatchback to serve my sisters driving learning skills. I went through a lot of resale ads (OLX, FB), Resale Retailers ( Cars 24, Spinny, True Value, Mahindra First Choice). The conclusion i made is resale cars are much much more in demand than the covid vaccines. People are paying around 3L for a 2014 alto lxi which might have costed nearly the same OTR back then. Is it that this is an artificially created hype by resale dealers and prices will cool down in a while or we will see demand increase more.
Just for ref a vrand new Alto Lxi o with driver airbag is 4.30 post discounts and an Alto Lxi 2014 15k run is being quoted 2.95 non negotiable
navinkamath4657 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 23:56   #14790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
Hi Bhpians,
I Am from Bengaluru and looking for a small hatchback to serve my sisters driving learning skills. I went through a lot of resale ads (OLX, FB), Resale Retailers ( Cars 24, Spinny, True Value, Mahindra First Choice). The conclusion i made is resale cars are much much more in demand than the covid vaccines. People are paying around 3L for a 2014 alto lxi which might have costed nearly the same OTR back then. Is it that this is an artificially created hype by resale dealers and prices will cool down in a while or we will see demand increase more.
Just for ref a vrand new Alto Lxi o with driver airbag is 4.30 post discounts and an Alto Lxi 2014 15k run is being quoted 2.95 non negotiable
The only hope in BLR market is to find and deal with a direct seller. All the dealers inflate the price to ridiculous levels. I'm sure if you talk to 3-4 direct sellers, you'll find a good deal, but you'll not find anything worthwhile even after visiting all the dealers in town.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks