Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
15,444,304 views Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 15:41   #13381
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,493 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan View Post
The car is reasonably well maintained with no major scratches or dents on the exterior. The tyres have been recently changed (< 500km). The dealer is quoting Rs. 5.4 lakh for it.

Is this a fair price considering that the prices of used cars in Hyderabad are a bit on the higher side compared to most other parts in the country?
4.5L should be the last price if the car is clean. The dealer must have bought it for somewhere around 4L.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:41   #13382
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,909
Thanked: 3,783 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
I am looking at a mid-2018 Hyundai i20 Asta petrol. It is a CVT and has run for 7,500 km. The owner is selling because he is moving to onsite

Hyundai petrol automatics are generally sold off in a hurry because of their dismal mileage. Keep this in mind.
ani_meher is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 16:51   #13383
BHPian
 
sri_tesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 889
Thanked: 4,571 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan View Post
Hello all! I came across a Hyundai Elite i20 with the following details:

Manufactured: Dec 2014
Fuel: Petrol
Variant: Sportz
Transmission: Manual
Kilometers: 47000
State of Registration: Telangana

The car is reasonably well maintained with no major scratches or dents on the exterior. The tyres have been recently changed (< 500km). The dealer is quoting Rs. 5.4 lakh for it.
There are decent discounts on new i20. You can get around 60K to 80K discounts on brand new models. Magna+ is Rs 7.5 lakhs on road and you can easily get it for less than 7 lakhs with discount. Many features are added in Magna+ compared to older Magna and its same with Sportz+ vs older Sportz.

If I were you, I would rather go with new models for slightly higher price than 5 years older models with such low price reduction.
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:51   #13384
BHPian
 
catchjyoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 172
Thanked: 472 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hyundai petrol automatics are generally sold off in a hurry because of their dismal mileage. Keep this in mind.
Thanks. My run will be about 10000 km per year. 95% of the run will be within Pune city. And 5% to places within 2-3 hours from it. Can I expect 10 km per liter in stop and go traffic with AC turned on?
catchjyoti is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 16:58   #13385
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 459
Thanked: 634 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hey Guys,

Need your help on the following.

I have been contemplating an upgrade from my Civic and have come across the following two cars which are extremely tempting:

1. Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG Elegance, 2014 model which has run 29000 kms. The Seller is asking 11.50 Lakhs for the same.
2. VW Jetta Highline TDI DSG, 2015 model which has run 32000 kms. The Seller is asking 11 Lakhs for the same.

I need your help in (i) deciding which of the above makes a better case for itself; (ii) what should be the ideal price for both of the above.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 17:37   #13386
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 681
Thanked: 683 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Thanks. My run will be about 10000 km per year. 95% of the run will be within Pune city. And 5% to places within 2-3 hours from it. Can I expect 10 km per liter in stop and go traffic with AC turned on?
Hello CJ,
My friend has i10 in Mumbai. 8-8.5 kmpl is what he gets in Mumbai traffic. Pune should be no different. Hyundai AT's are not known for their fuel efficiency.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Hey Guys,

Need your help on the following.

I have been contemplating an upgrade from my Civic and have come across the following two cars which are extremely tempting:

1. Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG Elegance, 2014 model which has run 29000 kms. The Seller is asking 11.50 Lakhs for the same.
2. VW Jetta Highline TDI DSG, 2015 model which has run 32000 kms. The Seller is asking 11 Lakhs for the same.

I need your help in (i) deciding which of the above makes a better case for itself; (ii) what should be the ideal price for both of the above.

Best,
Enigmatic
Hello E,
i) I'd go for the Jetta.Simply because i love the way it looks. Also its newer. And kms driven of both cars are similar.
ii) 10L max for Jetta. 9L for Superb. Skoda/VW are slow sellers,especially petrols.
Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 17:42   #13387
BHPian
 
catchjyoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 172
Thanked: 472 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello CJ,
My friend has i10 in Mumbai. 8-8.5 kmpl is what he gets in Mumbai traffic. Pune should be no different. Hyundai AT's are not known for their fuel efficiency.
If he has i10, then it would be a 4-speed TC. While the i20 that I am eyeing is a CVT. Will it not make any difference in terms of the km/ltr? I thought CVT was in general more fuel efficient than TC.
catchjyoti is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 18:56   #13388
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,909
Thanked: 3,783 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
If he has i10, then it would be a 4-speed TC. While the i20 that I am eyeing is a CVT. Will it not make any difference in terms of the km/ltr? I thought CVT was in general more fuel efficient than TC.
i20 is also heavier. I would expect around 7-8kmpl in city from Hyundai automatics, irrespective of AT/CVT/DCT. Somehow the king of diesels falls flat on face when it comes to getting mileage in petrol automatics.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 19:24   #13389
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 681
Thanked: 683 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
If he has i10, then it would be a 4-speed TC. While the i20 that I am eyeing is a CVT. Will it not make any difference in terms of the km/ltr? I thought CVT was in general more fuel efficient than TC.
The i20 has a bigger engine,is heavier too. Yes, a CVT is more fuel efficient than a TC automatic. Also, a lot depends on your driving style. I say keep a figure of 9 kmpl in your mind. If you get more,give yourself a pat on your back!

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 20:03   #13390
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
4.5L should be the last price if the car is clean. The dealer must have bought it for somewhere around 4L.
Thanks. I too felt that he was quoting too high, but he was very adamant and was only willing to negotiate ~10k, which got me confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
If I were you, I would rather go with new models for slightly higher price than 5 years older models with such low price reduction.
Thanks. Will be checking out the available discounts on the new models.
darshan is online now  
Old 20th October 2019, 19:20   #13391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 535
Thanked: 971 Times

Which are the hidden gems in the used car market? Cars which are good, but cheap because somehow they aren't popular.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 23:46   #13392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Thane - MH04
Posts: 566
Thanked: 2,136 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Which are the hidden gems in the used car market? Cars which are good, but cheap because somehow they aren't popular.
Depends upon the segment you are interested in, cause there are many

Civic was/is a good example due to huge depreciation hit it got after it got discontinued and the fact that its FE and GC was low. Otherwise a great buy in used market if you are ok with its age.

Linea T-Jet if looking for a sedan and from a segment lower than Civic. Great build quality and FTD.

Terrano is a good example for the same reasons and the fact that it is a Duster replica with better accessories. This if you want a pseudo/mini SUV.

My fav - A Mitsubishi, if you want a real SUV.

But yes, need to do some research and have patience to come across a good deal.
sunilch is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 01:35   #13393
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 535
Thanked: 971 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Depends upon the segment you are interested in, cause there are many
Thanks. I am looking for an automatic with good mileage, for city use. My running is about 1000 km/month, but good mileage helps me sleep peacefully.

Civic, Accord etc are too big for city. I don't need high performance. But also not something as sluggish as a Duster CVT.

I hoped to find a well priced swift/dzire diesel AMT, but the sellers ask for too much. Amaze diesel CVT is hard to find.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st October 2019 at 19:44. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
pseudo_coder is offline  
Old 21st October 2019, 12:17   #13394
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,493 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I hoped to find a well priced swift/dzire diesel AMT, but the sellers ask for too much. Amaze diesel CVT is hard to find.
My suggestion would be a Tiago AMT or Nexon Diesel XZA. Poor resale compared to Maruti's, Hyundai's would ensure you get a car worth its value. If you are looking for a niche car pick a Duster AMT. Brio CVT is another car that many vouch for.

Maruti's, Hyundai's are profit makers for the used car dealers, and so is a Amaze diesel CVT or a Honda City CVT.
jetsetgo08 is offline  
Old 21st October 2019, 13:58   #13395
BHPian
 
Aditya_Bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: KL08
Posts: 424
Thanked: 1,129 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I hoped to find a well priced swift/dzire diesel AMT, but the sellers ask for too much. Amaze diesel CVT is hard to find.
Diesel automatics have very high resale value and are rare to find below 6 to 7 lakhs. I think its better if you get a new Hyundai Nios diesel AMT.
Aditya_Bhp is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks