Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 10:32   #11881
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
[list][*]RHS Back seat door doesn't open from inside. Needs to be opened from outside
This could be a door where the child lock provisioning is activated. Once activated, the door/s cannot be opened from inside the car - necessary if you have kids occupying the rear seat. A lever on the door frame (corner) helps you set/release it.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:52   #11882
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I've been in the used car market for a long time searching for a 3rd Gen City i-Vtec. Yesterday, while browsing the classified ads, found one Ford Fiesta (not the classic) with following details.

Registered City : MH-12 (Pune)
Registered Year : July 2012
Odometer reading : ~41K
Variant : Titanium +
Quoted price : 4.9 L

What do you guys think about it ? The tyres definitely need upgrade,since it is still running on stock tyres. Also the car had got few scratches which will need some touch-up. Rear Ford logo has been stolen as well.

What should be the fair price for this car ? Also, will it be wise to buy a ford against a honda in a pre-owned car market ?
Old 6th March 2017, 11:11   #11883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianv2 View Post
This could be a door where the child lock provisioning is activated. Once activated, the door/s cannot be opened from inside the car - necessary if you have kids occupying the rear seat. A lever on the door frame (corner) helps you set/release it.
It is an LXI model so not sure whether it has child lock. Also the other doors open barring just this one.
Old 6th March 2017, 11:29   #11884
BHPian

Quote:
It is an LXI model so not sure whether it has child lock. Also the other doors open barring just this one.
Child lock lever is individually present on each door. So most probably it is activated in that particular door.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 16:20   #11885
BHPian

Quote:
I am almost certain that it will be the rear child lock which is preventing the door from opening from inside. Yes, Alto LXi has child locks on both the rear doors. I had an alto lxi till about 2015!

What is the asking price for this car ?

Last edited by haria : 6th March 2017 at 16:22.
Old 10th March 2017, 11:35   #11886
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need your input in finalizing a car from the below two cars.

1. Honda City 3 Gen i-Vtec

Registered Year : Nov 2012
Odometer reading : ~38K
Variant : S MT (Petrol)
Asking Price : 5.75 L
Quoted price : 4.7 L

2. Ford Fiesta (New, not the classic)

Registered Year : Apr 2012
Variant : Titanium + (Diesel)
Asking price : 4.9 L
Quoted price : 3.8 L

Both cars need rear tyre upgrade in near future.
Fiesta had got few scratches which will need some touch-up. Rear Ford logo has been stolen as well.insurance is about to expire in April 2017.

Whereas for City, spare tyre has worn out completely. an extra tyre here for upgrade. Insurance will expire in November 2017.

Both are direct owners cars.
Do you guys think it's a fair price ? Or it can be further negotiated ?
Also, will it be wise to buy a Ford against a Honda in a pre-owned car market ?
Old 10th March 2017, 12:31   #11887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Consider yourself extremely lucky if you get the new fiesta for anywhere around 4.2L. IMHO, 3.8L might be a little low and you might just miss the "last local".
One would hardly get a Titanium+ in Hyderabad or Bangalore for anything less than <5L, even though the online evaluated price may suggest otherwise.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 15:56   #11888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Fiesta had got few scratches which will need some touch-up. Rear Ford logo has been stolen as well.insurance is about to expire in April 2017.

Whereas for City, spare tyre has worn out completely. an extra tyre here for upgrade. Insurance will expire in November 2017.

Fiesta is a good car, but hardly sold. It has long been discontinued. You will face lot of issues in sourcing spares for it. Hence buying a used one would not be a very good idea.
You are better off buying the City. It has sold plenty in numbers and you need not ever worry about spares and service support. Peace of mind.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th March 2017 at 16:03.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 17:06   #11889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
My parents use the Fiesta and to be fair, going against the tide here, it's a much better buy than the Honda, especially the S version, or even the V for that matter. The car is refined, efficient and has kit levels Honda doesn't offer in their more premium products. Titanium plus offers voice controls, cruise control and proper cladding. In 2017, you should be able to dictate your preferred cabin temperature to the car, it works well too.

The Fiesta is also a generation ahead, built on the now discontinued one Ford program. The car averages 20kmpl on highways at full speed and load with AC, the city will struggle to top 13, don't buy a used car that has higher running costs. The support from Ford is consistent and parts aren't an issue, don't let anyone mislead you.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 17:59   #11890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Consider yourself extremely lucky if you get the new fiesta for anywhere around 4.2L. IMHO, 3.8L might be a little low and you might just miss the "last local".
One would hardly get a Titanium+ in Hyderabad or Bangalore for anything less than <5L, even though the online evaluated price may suggest otherwise.
Well Fingers crossed, Still in negotiation, hopefully it will get settle down at 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Fiesta is a good car, but hardly sold. It has long been discontinued. You will face lot of issues in sourcing spares for it. Hence buying a used one would not be a very good idea.
You are better off buying the City. It has sold plenty in numbers and you need not ever worry about spares and service support. Peace of mind.
Not really, spoken to few ford dealerships nearby to my place, they said there isn't an issue to get the spare parts, even if it is discontinued. Only thing is there can be slightly more waiting period than the normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
My parents use the Fiesta and to be fair, going against the tide here, it's a much better buy than the Honda, especially the S version, or even the V for that matter. The car is refined, efficient and has kit levels Honda doesn't offer in their more premium products. Titanium plus offers voice controls, cruise control and proper cladding. In 2017, you should be able to dictate your preferred cabin temperature to the car, it works well too.

The Fiesta is also a generation ahead, built on the now discontinued one Ford program. The car averages 20kmpl on highways at full speed and load with AC, the city will struggle to top 13, don't buy a used car that has higher running costs. The support from Ford is consistent and parts aren't an issue, don't let anyone mislead you.
Agreed , Both cars are good to drive but fiesta score more in FE.

I am more inclined towards fiesta and intent to keep the car for at-least next 3-4 years.
After that, when it comes to resale, Fiesta will definitely have poor resale value than City. That's the only thing which I am more worried about.
Old 10th March 2017, 18:12   #11891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Fingers crossed, Still in negotiation, hopefully it will get settle down at 4.
After that, when it comes to resale, Fiesta will definitely have poor resale value than City. That's the only thing which I am more worried about.
It's a steal if you get it for 4L, so do not worry about resale. Check if all the 6 airbags are intact. As mentioned above, the parts might be a little expensive over the city + the waiting period as well. All the best.
Old 14th March 2017, 09:04   #11892
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Registered Year : Nov 2012
Odometer reading : ~38K
Variant : S MT (Petrol)
Asking Price : 5.75 L
Quoted price : 4.7 L

Registered Year : Apr 2012
Variant : Titanium + (Diesel)
Asking price : 4.9 L
Quoted price : 3.8 L

Hi Jaeger. I am also looking for used cars in Pune very similar to these cars you mentioned. Both deals look good especially the Honda w.r.t parts availability and reliability. Please pm me the details of the car which you decide not to buy or you can drop a message on my number 9011801907. Thank you.
Old 14th March 2017, 10:31   #11893
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some quick help.

Santro Xing GLS (2007) - 74000km & well maintained car.
(Belongs to a family in our society)
Power windows, Power steering and Pioneer HU & sound system inside.
Interiors are really well maintained.
Really happy the way they have kept it.

Tyres are 12000km (2 years old).
Battery 3 years old.

Quoted price 90000 INR. (Uncle said, they were to price it at 100000, but to account for the repair work, they have priced it at 90K)
I have offered 80000 INR, and they say we can finalize for 85000 INR.

Catch - there is front bumper damage + rear right wheel arch scratch.
Front Bumper needs replacement (3K INR?)
Rear Bumper can be worked to restore it. (1K INR?)
They have gotten it checked with their trusted mechanic & he has confirmed no damage to the mechanicals.

Tbhp price check evaluation tells me, this car is worth 1~1.1Lakh.

The car is family used & they are the first owners.

I will check the papers thoroughly & confirm everything before I give advance token.

Any further pointers?

Thanks,

Ace.
Old 14th March 2017, 10:33   #11894
Senior - BHPian

It is a good price. Expect to shell out maybe a bit more for required general service (oil, lube etc changes), insurance renewal etc. And maybe some 3m detailing or whatever to give it a slightly newer car feel.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 11:10   #11895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It is a good price. Expect to shell out maybe a bit more for required general service (oil, lube etc changes), insurance renewal etc. And maybe some 3m detailing or whatever to give it a slightly newer car feel.
Thanks, additional money (already) accounted for.
(Since, I have read through this thread & your inputs as well )

My set max budget was been 100K INR..
So, around 15K INR is saved to get the car transferred & to "all good" running condition.

This thread & your inputs also helped me pass on quite a few deals.
I am happy with the car I am looking forward to finalize now, since this is within my set budget & checks all my expectations.

Thank you hserus for blazing quick help & others here for several posts which were my data points.

Ace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks