Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 23:36   #13231
BHPian
 
singleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
With a 16.5 lakh budget (assuming you are ready to buy), why a Skoda with all it's share of horrific stories?. You have better options in the market. All the very best.
I am actually in the same boat. Just curious, Which other options would you consider?
singleton is offline  
Old 1st July 2019, 11:34   #13232
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 277
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Same car that's in the classifieds? Looks good to me for 8lakhs at least based on the pics. The Elantra of the same year, running probably will go for the same price. Since Sonata never clicked in India and is now not on sale anymore, seems like a fair price to ask. But probably good to stay away like mentioned earlier unless your mind is made up.
Thanks Nilesh for the reply, Yes it's the same car in the classifieds.
The car does seem in great shape, However i did not notice that it's already a second owner car. Resale 1-2 years down the lane for a third owner Sonata would be an issue in my opinion. I hence dropped the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Any particular reason you want to buy the Hyundai Sonata? Dont find the car to be great at anything.

There are so many alternatives with a 5 lakh budget. Altis, City, Civic, Verna, Duster, Ecosport, all B segment cars (even fresher than 2013).
Thanks for the reply.
I actually was looking for a replacement for my Camry. It has to be a reliable and easy to maintain D segment car. My first preference is a Camry, but finding a decent example is hard.

The search is still on
satyamkaushik is offline  
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:29   #13233
BHPian
 
albertprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: KL-78
Posts: 100
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How much can I pay for 2003 Model Zen VXi? . Car has clocked 97000Kms and is currently with the Second Owner. This one belongs to one of my friends family.
albertprince is offline  
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:35   #13234
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: DL 09
Posts: 93
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
How much can I pay for 2003 Model Zen VXi? . Car has clocked 97000Kms and is currently with the Second Owner. This one belongs to one of my friends family.
For such a car, I think 60-80K will be more than enough. Here in Delhi, such cars are sold in scrap.
MrBeast is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:15   #13235
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi,
I have been offered 2.75 lakhs for my 2012 Polo , with about 49k Kms on the odo. Is this a fair price?
Balboa is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:41   #13236
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,290
Thanked: 4,358 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
Hi,
I have been offered 2.75 lakhs for my 2012 Polo , with about 49k Kms on the odo. Is this a fair price?
Depends on a lot of things friend. Variant, Condition, Immediate replacements required, accessories added.

Members need more data to help you on this mate, else a quick check on Cars 24 will give you a rough idea.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 16:29   #13237
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 638
Thanked: 1,741 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I was offered 6.25 lakhs for my 2017 TUV 300 T8 AMT by Mahindra for exchange with MT TUV 300 and 6 Lakhs by Hyundai for exchange with Venue. In OLX I see 8.30 lakhs for 2017 model TUV 300. Cars 24 is showing 7.11 lakhs max price.

Overall condition is good and no issues at all.

Warranty: 1 year warranty left
Insurance: 10 months insurance left
Body: Minor scratches (you will not even notice until pointed out to)
Odo Reading: 45,000 kms
Battery: Good condition. Car starts at 1st crank
Tyre's: will run for another 5k - 8k kms
Service History: Complete service history

Extras added:
  • 12k worth seat covers
  • 31K worth touch screen unit
  • 2k worth reverse camera
  • 3k worth 4D mats
  • 6k worth roof luggage carrier

Any insights on the actual re-sale value?

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 4th July 2019 at 16:30. Reason: More details added
ramnaresh_2000 is offline  
Old 4th July 2019, 17:41   #13238
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,461
Thanked: 1,186 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi Guys! I am looking for used Honda Citys from 2009-2011 or 2012-2013 (metal grill). I will be using the car in Delhi.

I see that the price difference is relatively significant as compared to that in Kolkata, where its cheaper. I have a few questions:

1. How is the AT version of these models? Is it fun to drive?

2. What would be the optimal price? I see Citys ranging from INR 2.25L to as high as INR 5.25.

3. Lastly, is it a good idea to get the City of this vintage. I want a care-free ownership experience and want to keep the car for at least 2 years.

Last edited by Pancham : 4th July 2019 at 17:43.
Pancham is offline  
Old 4th July 2019, 20:20   #13239
Senior - BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 1,184
Thanked: 827 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I don't know much about the price but this generation of the City came with a 5 speed Torque Converter. One major issue with this generation of City is that it has a very soft suspension and you are sure to scrape its bottom. This was cured to an extent in the facelift which also go a nice blue dash lighting which is so much better than the boring orange backlit dash. I find the interiors of this gen rather plain jane.

On the whole it is a decent car, decent space, good performance (the current gen City uses the same engine). Being a Honda, it comes with peace of mind, you can't go wrong with it.
hiren.mistry is offline  
Old 4th July 2019, 22:06   #13240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys! I am looking for used Honda Citys from 2009-2011 or 2012-2013 (metal grill). I will be using the car in Delhi.

I see that the price difference is relatively significant as compared to that in Kolkata, where its cheaper. I have a few questions:

1. How is the AT version of these models? Is it fun to drive?

2. What would be the optimal price? I see Citys ranging from INR 2.25L to as high as INR 5.25.

3. Lastly, is it a good idea to get the City of this vintage. I want a care-free ownership experience and want to keep the car for at least 2 years.

Honda city lasts long. I used to own (joint family) a 2008 honda city that clocked 1,20,000+ kms by 2012. With 99% being driven by driver who I nicknamed Michael Schumacher Yet, till the last day, before being sold, vehicle was as good as one day 1. We followed the regular servicing as per owner's manual and the gearbox was smooth and clutch was light as well.

I don't see any issue with buying such a car. Be sure to test drive it over bumps. The suspension was not the best and may have reduced in efficiency. But there are no major issues as such with the car.

Do make sure it's not an accident/damaged vehicle.

Hope this helps
Shashwat B is offline  
Old 4th July 2019, 22:13   #13241
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: Once
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Good evening

Have been hunting for an Octavia TSI 1.8 for a long time. Especially one which is race blue and with sun roof.
Haven’t been able to match my expectations, one of the most decent vehicles I came across is

2017 Skoda Octavia style plus 1.8 tsi
42000 km
Tyres need replacement
Still under the 4 yr warranty
Note - not the color of my choice and lacks sunroof (something which my daughter insists on)

What would be the right price to pay?

Buyer is at 18.50 L - it’s a bangalore vehicle
IDV is 14.5L

Much appreciate your help!

Regards
Abishek

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2019 at 22:53. Reason: Punctuations.
abishekkalro is offline  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:32   #13242
BHPian
 
sibot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 203
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys! I am looking for used Honda Citys from 2009-2011 or 2012-2013 (metal grill). I will be using the car in Delhi.

I see that the price difference is relatively significant as compared to that in Kolkata, where its cheaper. I have a few questions:

2. What would be the optimal price? I see Citys ranging from INR 2.25L to as high as INR 5.25.

3. Lastly, is it a good idea to get the City of this vintage. I want a care-free ownership experience and want to keep the car for at least 2 years.
Hi,
I too am in the market for Honda City of the same vintage in Delhi. Here is what I have understood from my research over the last couple of months.

Facebook Marketplace is a good platform to search for preowned cars. I found OLX to be primarily a dealer's market. Whilst you will find dealers on Facebook Market place too, the prices are more realistic.

A good, realistic price for 2010-2011 vintage would be between 2.5-3L, depending on the condition of the car. I found multiple 2011 models in the range of 2.7-3L. A lot of people quote outlandish prices on what they feel their car is worth rather than what it actually is worth in the market. This is where I feel the FB Marketplace trumps over OLX. OLX is a platform that works on anonymity, you can hide your real identity behind an alias and quote an unrealistic price.

The Honda City is a robust car and I was using a 2003 model and have clocked over 2L KM on the odo. It's a fuss free car, fill the tank and go as long as you get it serviced regularly.

Last edited by sibot : 5th July 2019 at 09:35.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 09:41   #13243
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,461
Thanked: 1,186 Times
Default The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
On the whole it is a decent car, decent space, good performance (the current gen City uses the same engine). Being a Honda, it comes with peace of mind, you can't go wrong with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
I don't see any issue with buying such a car. Be sure to test drive it over bumps. The suspension was not the best and may have reduced in efficiency. But there are no major issues as such with the car.

Do make sure it's not an accident/damaged vehicle.

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot.

Didn't the 2009-2011 model have a recall for the steering column issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hi,
I too am in the market for Honda City of the same vintage in Delhi. Here is what I have understood from my research over the last couple of months.

Facebook Marketplace is a good platform to search for preowned cars. I found OLX to be primarily a dealer's market. Whilst you will find dealers on Facebook Market place too, the prices are more realistic.


The Honda City is a robust car and I was using a 2003 model and have clocked over 2L KM on the odo. It's a fuss free car, fill the tank and go as long as you get it serviced regularly.
Great! Thanks. FB Marketplace was one platform I did not explore. I am more inclined towards an automatic from 2012 but the prices in CarTrade, Car Dekho are exorbitant in most cases. Just one question: In FB Marketplace, how do we know whether the seller is a dealer or an individual?

Last edited by Pancham : 5th July 2019 at 09:57.
Pancham is offline  
Old 5th July 2019, 10:06   #13244
BHPian
 
self_driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 770
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
In FB Marketplace, how do we know whether the seller is a dealer or an individual?
Most of the dealers post images in a very orderly fashion; starting from front, side, rear, dashboard, instrument cluster, and so on. Usually dealer cars are spanking clean inside out with polished tyres and all which is not the case with direct party ads.

You'll be able to make out after going through a couple of ads of either type.

Last edited by self_driven : 5th July 2019 at 10:09.
self_driven is offline  
Old 5th July 2019, 16:47   #13245
BHPian
 
sibot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 203
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Great! Thanks. FB Marketplace was one platform I did not explore. I am more inclined towards an automatic from 2012 but the prices in CarTrade, Car Dekho are exorbitant in most cases. Just one question: In FB Marketplace, how do we know whether the seller is a dealer or an individual?
You can message them via the FB Messenger or you can click on their username and see if they have posted any other ads. So if they've put up ads of multiple cars, they're a dealer.
sibot is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks