Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 15:57   #12391
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,174
Thanked: 7,368 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
I sold it to a dealer, since I didn't any serious enquiry through online ads. What would have been the correct price.
25..30k more if you sold it to a direct buyer. At a minimum. The dealer factors in some marketing expenses and profit for himself when he buys the vehicle.
hserus is offline  
Old 17th October 2017, 16:25   #12392
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,404
Thanked: 5,593 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You could get a slightly older Corolla or Civic starting around 12..13 lakhs. Worth a look.
Civic for 12-13 lacs? I thought Honda stopped producing Civic in 2012 and one should be able to buy a 2011/12 make for 5-7 lacs or lesser.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:30   #12393
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,174
Thanked: 7,368 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Civic for 12-13 lacs? I thought Honda stopped producing Civic in 2012 and one should be able to buy a 2011/12 make for 5-7 lacs or lesser.
Olx is full of hopeful souls trying to sell them at 8..10 lakhs. Buy top end if you buy used. But my mistake, I was thinking of the Accord.
hserus is offline  
Old 17th October 2017, 16:41   #12394
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
He is looking for Diesel sedan and will be using it for min. 2-3 years and his max budget is 2.5 to 2.75 lacs. Which one to go for ? Any suggestions will be helpful.
My advice would be, if the budget is 2.75L max, start looking at a deal around 2-2.25L as in case of used, you should always have a buffer for unforeseen expenses which need to be dealt with out of your pockets.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 15:54   #12395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 1,184 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi all,

There's a lot of Chevrolet Cruze automatic LTZ variants now available in Bangalore. Any pros / cons of buying a used one apart from the obvious reason that Chevy isn't selling locally anymore?

Would parts / service be a problem if we identify a FNG? Will Chevrolet help in ordering parts and we can get it fitted outside?

I agree resale value may plummet but it's not necessarily the deciding factor.

Anything to watch out for if one's to go check out a 2010-2012 model LTZ automatic diesel?
Mad Max is offline  
Old 18th October 2017, 16:08   #12396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 155
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I'd avoid a 2010-2012 Cruze. Please, if possible try to look for atleast a 2014 model. Cruze being an international model, I don't think availability of spares should be a problem
namanchaudhary is offline  
Old 18th October 2017, 17:04   #12397
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 270
Thanked: 1,177 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi all,

There's a lot of Chevrolet Cruze automatic LTZ variants now available in Bangalore. Any pros / cons of buying a used one apart from the obvious reason that Chevy isn't selling locally anymore?

Would parts / service be a problem if we identify a FNG? Will Chevrolet help in ordering parts and we can get it fitted outside?

I agree resale value may plummet but it's not necessarily the deciding factor.

Anything to watch out for if one's to go check out a 2010-2012 model LTZ automatic diesel?
Why a Cruze? Especially considering that the Chevrolet has shut shops in India, getting it serviced can be a challenge even if it is a model which is available in other international markets.
Otherwise it's a hell of a beast to own Period!

Try looking out for something else in the similar price range. BTW what's your budget?

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline  
Old 19th October 2017, 09:30   #12398
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 18
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

A friend of mine is interested in selling his Creta 1.6 SX(O) diesel
The car has covered 80 k km and is in excellent condition
What should be my offer
ani21 is offline  
Old 20th October 2017, 11:42   #12399
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 268
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
A friend of mine is interested in selling his Creta 1.6 SX(O) diesel
The car has covered 80 k km and is in excellent condition
What should be my offer
Too many Kms on it to really recommend, but anything around 8.5-9 should be good for this car, considering the high mileage and the immediate expenses you would occur on clutch, suspension or tyres as they may wear out.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:52   #12400
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 613
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Guys, any opinions on what I should be getting for my 2010 Toyota Fortuner.

Black color, Delhi Registration. 1.17 Lac kms.
car_crazy1400 is online now  
Old 20th October 2017, 11:54   #12401
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 268
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, any opinions on what I should be getting for my 2010 Toyota Fortuner.

Black color, Delhi Registration. 1.17 Lac kms.
Anywhere around 7.5-8 Lacs depending on condition, but since Delhi is fraught with uncertainty over NGT ban, you might have a hard time selling a 7 year old diesel car.
dhruvritzed is offline  
Old 20th October 2017, 13:48   #12402
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 747
Thanked: 1,639 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
A friend of mine is interested in selling his Creta 1.6 SX(O) diesel
The car has covered 80 k km and is in excellent condition
What should be my offer
An 80,000 km run Hyundai diesel shouldn't be your first choice used car in that budget. Creta sells with a inflated pice tag, which will reflect as high selling prices in the used car market as well. For a budget of 9 ish lac, probable you should be looking at something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, any opinions on what I should be getting for my 2010 Toyota Fortuner.

Black color, Delhi Registration. 1.17 Lac kms.
You'll get better long term reliability, as well as a vehicle from a class higher up! I think that offers better value even if the car is an older make.
Geo_Ipe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 15:08   #12403
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 270
Thanked: 436 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I was looking to sell my 2011 December Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI elegance. I'm planning to buy a Tata Hexa XTA after selling this. However, Tata dealers quoted really sad prices for this very well maintained car.
I'm now forced to sell it myself to end customer and want to check how much I can quote? Can fellow members suggest?

Car details:
2011 December Skoda Rapid TDI1.6 elegance
71000 kms
I'm the second owner of the car.
Lambydude is offline  
Old 20th October 2017, 15:43   #12404
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 613
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Anywhere around 7.5-8 Lacs depending on condition, but since Delhi is fraught with uncertainty over NGT ban, you might have a hard time selling a 7 year old diesel car.


Thanks for the heads up!

I took my Fortuner to the service center in Noida and was offered 7.75 lac by my Toyota Dealer, later in the day, after looking at the service history.


Was casually offered 8.5 Lac by a local dealer with still room for negotiations.

However I am yet to see a Fortuner, similar to my vintage being offered for less than 10. Yes, there is room for negotiations with the dealer but how do you arrive at the price.
car_crazy1400 is online now  
Old 20th October 2017, 16:23   #12405
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 268
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

I took my Fortuner to the service center in Noida and was offered 7.75 lac by my Toyota Dealer, later in the day, after looking at the service history.


Was casually offered 8.5 Lac by a local dealer with still room for negotiations.

However I am yet to see a Fortuner, similar to my vintage being offered for less than 10. Yes, there is room for negotiations with the dealer but how do you arrive at the price.
Please do not go by OLX prices for fortuners, availability is good and these prices are over inflated, if you get anything around 9, it should be good.
I arrived at the price because of those I've seen, my friend recently sold his 1.36 lac km driven 2010 white DL number car for 7 Lacs.
dhruvritzed is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks