Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 17:06   #12361
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Does this pricing seem reasonable ?
The Elantra wasn't really a segment best in its time. For the similar price you might get a sparingly used and well maintained Octavia/Jetta/Altis/Laura etc.

Also the new gen. Verna is based on the Elantra's platform. If I were you, I would have extended the budget and bought a new Verna instead of an Elantra if the german made cars were to be avoided.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 6th October 2017 at 17:07.
Old 6th October 2017, 17:51   #12362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The Elantra wasn't really a segment best in its time. For the similar price you might get a sparingly used and well maintained Octavia/Jetta/Altis/Laura etc.

Also the new gen. Verna is based on the Elantra's platform. If I were you, I would have extended the budget and bought a new Verna instead of an Elantra if the german made cars were to be avoided.
You could get a slightly older Corolla or Civic starting around 12..13 lakhs. Worth a look.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:42   #12363
Senior - BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be good value for a July 2012 Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion.

Car is extremely well maintained, new Tyres and battery.

Clocked 1.09 k kms.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th October 2017 at 18:44.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:59   #12364
BHPian

Good price for Jetta
I am planning to upgrade n swap my 2013 January Jetta Highline AT run 35k kms mumbai registered and serviced at VW thane silver colour in excellent condition tyres run 3k Pirelli make
What would be good price dealers offering 10.5Lac
Is that good ?

Last edited by docaxe : 6th October 2017 at 19:03.
Old 7th October 2017, 14:27   #12365
BHPian

With long leave after a long period coming close by, the mind has started wandering on what next car.

Currently own an SX4 Zxi 38K run, of 2011 vintage, in quite acceptable condition. Had left it parked when I went on-site for couple of years. On return have replaced all 4 tyres with Yoko Earth 1 and oerhauled the suspension spending some 20K.

Used car dealers valuating it around a lac in fifty.

Two options currently, that I am looking at

1. Sale SX4 and buy used dEcosport AT. I am quite ok with petrol and FE.

2. Keep SX4 as nothing is wrong with her and but use Nano XTA.

Need 3 specific pointers.

- How much should be fair re-sale of SX4 ZXi
- How much should be fair purchase price of under 2 years Ecosport AT. Max 8lac realistic?
-How much should be fair value of under 2 years old Nano XTA. Under 2 Lac realistic?

AT insistence is for ease of driving by self n wife.

I personally find only Ecosposrt as an upgrade due to the fact that rest all cars offer 2 airbags and about 100horses. Only novel thing is some sort of Navigation and better sound system.( I have installed reverse sensors and camera as well.)

All 3 cars being Used, posting it here. Mods, please shift it appropriately, if required.
Old 8th October 2017, 14:35   #12366
BHPian

What could be a good price to expect for a 2013 april 35000 km run vdi diesel single owner car?
The car has insurance valid till April 2018.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 15:37   #12367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
- How much should be fair re-sale of SX4 ZXi
Try to sell in OLX, as per the OBV its showing 2.7 lakhs to 2.9 lakhs.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 17:08   #12368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Try to sell in OLX, as per the OBV its showing 2.7 lakhs to 2.9 lakhs.
I don't think a discontinued petrol SX4 would fetch so much even though it's less run.. You can expect around 2-2.2 lakhs if you find an individual buyer
thepilot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 19:33   #12369
BHPian

Folks, I'm curious to know how much would a Red 2011 Ford Figo TdCi Exi fetch if sold now?

It's run ~61K Kms and it has a set of brand new Michelin XM2s with insurance paid up till Jul '18. It's in excellent condition mechanically with a couple of small dings on the body.

I'm offered 2.4 L by Toyota Utrust and an additional 25k if I purchase the Etios. I feel the offer is less by about 20-30k.
Sangre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 19:54   #12370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Folks, I'm curious to know how much would a Red 2011 Ford Figo TdCi Exi fetch if sold now?

It's run ~61K Kms and it has a set of brand new Michelin XM2s with insurance paid up till Jul '18. It's in excellent condition mechanically with a couple of small dings on the body.

I'm offered 2.4 L by Toyota Utrust and an additional 25k if I purchase the Etios. I feel the offer is less by about 20-30k.
Well, I'm not very sure about the prevailing prices in Bangalore, but as per current market prices here in Delhi, you're getting a very genuine offer considering the previous gen Figo doesn't have a very good resale price. You can try listing it online for 30-40k and if you happen to find an individual buyer, you might end up getting more. But I doubt a dealer would pay more.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2017, 20:37   #12371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Well, I'm not very sure about the prevailing prices in Bangalore, but as per current market prices here in Delhi, you're getting a very genuine offer considering the previous gen Figo doesn't have a very good resale price. You can try listing it online for 30-40k and if you happen to find an individual buyer, you might end up getting more. But I doubt a dealer would pay more.

Cheers!
Sure, that's what I feel too. I've not really listed it on OLX/ Quikr given that I'm averse to dealing with spam on these sites as well as bad at haggling. I was just holding out for a bit more given that my engine has three brand new Fuel injectors with an year's warranty left over. The buyer will have no expenses for almost a year.
Old 11th October 2017, 05:25   #12372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is just about the profit margin that the dealer will make when he spruces up the car and sells it to a customer.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 06:50   #12373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, that's what I feel too. I've not really listed it on OLX/ Quikr given that I'm averse to dealing with spam on these sites as well as bad at haggling. I was just holding out for a bit more given that my engine has three brand new Fuel injectors with an year's warranty left over. The buyer will have no expenses for almost a year.
I too feel the price quoted is quite good going by how dealers normally quote deep discounts from market prices while picking up used cars. If you have no intent to buy an Etios - try OLX/QUICKR/SULEKHA. I have sold 4 of my cars via these sites and there was hardly any spamming issues. Yes - if you list your car in Carwale/Cardekho - you will get a lot of sms from car dealers but rarely with the other sites. If you want 20-30k more you have to work for it pal.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:14   #12374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
What could be a good price to expect for a 2013 april 35000 km run vdi diesel single owner car?
The car has insurance valid till April 2018.
Sold for Rs 3,35,000. Buyer is picking the Ritz up this Sunday once I get delivery of Verna on Friday
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 16:40   #12375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Sold for Rs 3,35,000. Buyer is picking the Ritz up this Sunday once I get delivery of Verna on Friday
I got an offer for 3.5 lakhs day before but did not take it as I had already given my word for 3.35 lakhs. Sold to true value.

So you can get upto 3.5 lakhs if you search hard.

The Ritz vdi is an awesome car. I was in tears for a few minutes sending the workhorse off. 36000 kms, 4.6 years, 0 problems and not even a puncture
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img20171014wa0006.jpeg  

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 15th October 2017 at 16:52.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks