Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 14:47   #13861
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Noticed that dealers like Spinny and Precarmart have reduced prices compared to last week (by 1-1.5Lakhs for some models).
Not sure what is up with Spinny recently. I had gone with my cousin to take a look at some preowned hatchbacks a couple of weeks ago, and the sales rep there was steadfastly adamant on any kind of negotiations, and sticking by some fixed price policy that they seem to have come out with in the post-covid world. We tried reasoning with him on the absurdity of a 'fixed price' in a used car market where there so many variable factors influencing the value of a car, but they were unwilling to negotiate even a rupee on their unrealistic price quotes ! The cousin finally bought something else outside Spinny for far lesser than their prices.

I guess after some hard lessons and disgruntled prospects turning away, they are finally seeing some sense and reducing the marked prices as you have mentioned now.

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th July 2020 at 14:49.
KarthikK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 08:25   #13862
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Want some help with prices of Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA. Please suggest me a realistic buying price for the following cars assuming both are in good condition and being bought from Owners directly (No dealer involved)

1. 2018 Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA 2.8 ZX Auto - 20000 Kms?

2. 2019 Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA 2.8 ZX Auto - 15000 Kms?

Car being bought in Delhi NCR.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.
Old 30th July 2020, 10:01   #13863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Hi Folks,

1. 2018 Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA 2.8 ZX Auto - 20000 Kms?

2. 2019 Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA 2.8 ZX Auto - 15000 Kms?
Given the pandemic situation, IMHO it's a great deal if the buying prices are -

1. 70% of the then OTR price
2. 75% of the then OTR price

But, it's an Innova and the realistic selling price may be slightly higher than the above mentioned approximations.
Old 30th July 2020, 10:14   #13864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Thanks a lot in advance for the help.
Brand new ZX 2.8 AT came at around 26 lakh on road. This car doesn't depreciate much but factor in annual depreciation of 15-20% (for initial years) and you'll get a ballpark figure.

There were some feature revisions during these years so you might want to consider that before making an offer.
Old 30th July 2020, 12:45   #13865
BHPian

Hi
What can be a fair price range for a Honda City V Mt, 2018 Jan model, 19 k kms run. The vehicle is in Chennai. I'm yet to inspect the vehicle, but looks fairly well maintained in the pictures shared by the owner.

Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:08   #13866
BHPian

Fiat Punto Pure Diesel(old body style)
2019 registered.
22k Kms done

What would be a good buying price for the the same? The car i am looking at is quoted 3.6L. Its dealer listed.

Additionally would like to know if it came with abs.
How much would it cost to fit a central locking system and upgrade tyres to 15inch 195 on linea's steal rims.

It is going to be a lateral upgrade to Figo 1.2 2011 zxi variant with 60k on the odo. Im the 2nd owner. What kind of resale do i expect on it? Looking for an cost effective upgrade on a 10 year old car as my running is low.
Old 2nd August 2020, 22:34   #13867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
2019 registered.
22k Kms done

What would be a good buying price for the the same? The car i am looking at is quoted 3.6L. Its dealer listed.

How much would it cost to fit a central locking system and upgrade tyres to 15inch 195 on linea's steal rims.

It is going to be a lateral upgrade to Figo 1.2 2011 zxi variant with 60k on the odo. Im the 2nd owner. What kind of resale do i expect on it? Looking for an cost effective upgrade on a 10 year old car as my running is low.
It’s a fair price for the car but still you can try to negotiate a bit more. No, Punto pure never came with ABS or Airbags. Central locking should be an easy fit, will cost around 5-7k. Upgrading tyres is a very good idea as fatter tyres will make you enjoy the Punto’s good handling, but I don’t have much idea about the cost. For your Figo, I think you should get a value around 1.3-1.5 lacs.
Aakash118 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 17:01   #13868
BHPian

How much should i pay for a 2013 Hyundai elantra AT SX diesel, that has run 63500 kms. the condition looks good and the tyres are good for another 10000-15000 kms.

The mahindra first choice is demanding Rs 670000.

Also should i decide to go ahead, any idea if there are replacements for the Music system so that i get a good touchscreen replacement for the original one?

Thanks in anticipation
Old 9th August 2020, 19:20   #13869
BHPian

Quote:
2019 registered.
22k Kms done

Punto Pure comes with the 1.3 Multijet in the lower state of tune as far as I can remember. You need to decide if you're going to be alright dealing with Fiat after sales team for a discontinued model. 3.6 L doesn't look overpriced to me as the car has lost almost half its value in one year. Your car should be having ABS as it was made mandatory for all 4 wheelers in India from April 2018.

A good aftermarket central locking system can be procured for 3-5k. A set of 4 195/60 tyres from Michelin or Yokohama should set you back by 25-30 k. Not sure about the price of 15" steel discs. Decent 15" alloys usually start from 20-25k, can go up to as much as you can afford.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 9th August 2020 at 19:21.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 20:53   #13870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
It’s a fair price for the car but still you can try to negotiate a bit more. .... For your Figo, I think you should get a value around 1.3-1.5 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Punto Pure comes with the 1.3 Multijet in the lower state of tune as far as I can remember. .... Decent 15" alloys usually start from 20-25k, can go up to as much as you can afford.
Thank you for the advice. Had a look at the car. The vin checks out to be a 2016 manufactured car that was registered in 2019. On top of this 22k km mentioned was actually 22k miles, which turns out to be ~35k km(the guy claimed it was not known to him). It had a smaller replacement battery. One of the rear tail lights had water seepage. The door seals seem to have deteriorated. Both the front power windows were non functional. The lock on the driver side was not operating as it should, the link felt a little jammed. Next the seat fabric had some stains on it. The rear left door when open from inside was not releasing freely, needed a little push.

The engine/suspension/brake seem to be in good condition. Only thing that I found odd was that the steering moved from left to right on unpaved road. Is this characteristic of the punto? My Figo on the same unpaved road didn't have this behaviour.

Considering all this, what do you guys suggest? The drive was good. I'm guessing I'll have to spend around ~70k to fix the above issues, get 15inch steel rims and tyres, a new battery and central locking. Is it worth trying to get the car by quoting a lower price or should I drop it? He's asking for 3L.
Old 9th August 2020, 22:37   #13871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
How much should i pay for a 2013 Hyundai elantra AT SX diesel, that has run 63500 kms. the condition looks good and the tyres are good for another 10000-15000 kms.

The mahindra first choice is demanding Rs 670000.
Location? I would say 6-6.5L for a very well maintained car to be a reasonable price if it is Bangalore or Hyderabad as it would have costed about 14-15L back then. But, if the prices at your location are relatively closer to prices in Delhi then anything around 5L should be a good purchase if not great.

Please do check for odometer tampering & tyre manufacturing dates as the running seems to be too low for a 7 year old diesel automatic.

Quote:
Considering all this, what do you guys suggest? The drive was good. I'm guessing I'll have to spend around ~70k to fix the above issues, get 15inch steel rims and tyres, a new battery and central locking. Is it worth trying to get the car by quoting a lower price or should I drop it? He's asking for 3L.
To be honest, even if we consider 3L as 50% depreciation in 4 years(2016), I would not suggest this piece, as this version is devoid of any safety features.
And doesn't seem to be well maintained.

Instead there should be many more Punto/Evo Emotion variants available in the market with even 80k-1L kms on the odometer for prices as low as 2-2.5L(6-7 year old models). And as per my observation Punto being an enthusiasts car, many owners take good care of it for years, and hence finding very well maintained cars (even with high odo) at throwaway prices should be possible.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 9th August 2020 at 22:38.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 00:33   #13872
BHPian

How much can I expect for my Duster AWD RXZ bought in Dec 2014 which has done 65k kms in Bengaluru?
Old 10th August 2020, 08:36   #13873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it worth trying to get the car by quoting a lower price or should I drop it? He's asking for 3L.
Steer clear of this one. Sorry to be blunt but Punto is a car I wouldn't recommend to anyone in 2020. It's too outdated by current standards. Moreover, the car you're looking at is laden with issues and the situation will get worse as it ages.

Your limited usage doesn't warrant a diesel car. Add up that 70k you've set aside for repair and search for a reliable petrol car instead. Current gen Figo and 2nd gen Swift are good replacements for the old Figo. If you can settle with drab interiors, Toyota Etios 1.5 is another great choice. Fast, safe, spacious and reliable.

Last edited by self_driven : 10th August 2020 at 08:38.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:59   #13874
BHPian

Quote:
Stay away from this one pal. That's just too many things wrong on a 4 year old car. What was the car doing unregistered from 2016-19? A 2016 model should be buy & drive. The concept of spending an amount for repairs shouldn't apply to such a new car.
Old 10th August 2020, 15:46   #13875
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the advice. Had a look at the car.
=====
Is it worth trying to get the car by quoting a lower price or should I drop it? He's asking for 3L.
That car is FULL of red flags! Why would you want to buy another man’s headache? As others have rightly said - stay well clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks