Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:51   #13771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, I have my June 2018 Creta petrol E+ (facelifted) run 23K km on sale for 8.4L. Is this an unreasonable ask? :-). What can I really expect? Vehicle is in impeccable condition.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ai/Creta.html/
I think it will be a tough sell, since for about 2.75 lakhs more, the next Gen Creta EX is available. Has a lot more features than the previous E+ and is BS-6 also compliant.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:54   #13772
Senior - BHPian

Once it has been deregistered you have no alternative but to scrap the car no matter what running condition it is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hello everyone,

I and based in New Delhi and have a 2004 model Honda City GXi with ~83000 kms. The car has a Delhi number plate and because of the 15 year court ruling it has now been deregistered. It is in a v good stock condition with just an year old new Michelin XM tyres (done about 12000 kms).

What can I possibly do with this car now? Will Cars24 or any second hand dealer buy this car? If yes, what price should I expect to get for this?

Thank you very much.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:06   #13773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hello everyone,

I and based in New Delhi and have a 2004 model Honda City GXi with ~83000 kms. The car has a Delhi number plate and because of the 15 year court ruling it has now been deregistered. It is in a v good stock condition with just an year old new Michelin XM tyres (done about 12000 kms).

What can I possibly do with this car now? Will Cars24 or any second hand dealer buy this car? If yes, what price should I expect to get for this?

Thank you very much.
I recently scraped my Maruti Esteem, which was in good condition but deregistered due to age, for a mere 20k.
There was no other option.

Cars24 has now started taking cars older than 15 years, but I don't know how much additional money you will get from them.
bansal.sushant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:15   #13774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I recently scraped my Maruti Esteem, which was in good condition but deregistered due to age, for a mere 20k.
There was no other option.

Cars24 has now started taking cars older than 15 years, but I don't know how much additional money you will get from them.
Ownership transfer is possible only before the registration is cancelled. And that too only out of state if you can fiddle an NOC for it.
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:34   #13775
BHPian

How do I find out the on road price of a used car model when it was originally sold as new, including any discounts which were offered?

I am not looking for any exact amount but ball park. E.g. i am exploring at buying a used 2015 BMW 5 series and want to know the price at which a similar model was sold in 2015, including RTO, insurance and discounts.
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:45   #13776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think it will be a tough sell, since for about 2.75 lakhs more, the next Gen Creta EX is available. Has a lot more features than the previous E+ and is BS-6 also compliant.
BS6 2020 EX petrol Creta is 11.6 on road (+insurance, i.e. around 12 lacs) in bangalore, i got this quote from a hyundai showroom in whitefield. i.e. 3.6 lacs difference not 2.75. Please see attached price list.

note 1: i got quote(11.6) without insurance because i wanted to go with my company lease.
note 2: road tax in bangalore is atrocious, 1.55 lacs for this car.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-creta_2020_ex_petrol.jpg  

ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 11:49   #13777
Senior - BHPian

How much can one expect for the following car owned by a friend:

Mercedes GLA CDI Style, Silver, October 2014 model, 70,000 kms run (large part of it on the Bangalore Ooty highway), registered in Bangalore. Self driven by a middle aged gentleman (owner) who takes good care of his vehicles. Car has been regularly serviced at Mercedes ASS in Bangalore. Mechanically and cosmetically in very good shape, and overall well maintained. No accident history or major mechanical failures of any nature.

Online price calculators show the expected price to be in the range of INR 18-20 lakhs. Is this a realistic price to expect?
Old 4th June 2020, 12:33   #13778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Mercedes GLA CDI Style, Silver, October 2014 model, 70,000 kms run (large part of it on the Bangalore Ooty highway), registered in Bangalore. Self driven by a middle aged gentleman (owner) who takes good care of his vehicles. Car has been regularly serviced at Mercedes ASS in Bangalore. Mechanically and cosmetically in very good shape, and overall well maintained. No accident history or major mechanical failures of any nature.

Online price calculators show the expected price to be in the range of INR 18-20 lakhs. Is this a realistic price to expect?
I'm no expert in valuating luxury cars, but i wouldnt touch a 6 year old luxury car that ran 70000kms, even with a stick. For the following reasons:
1) Half of the car's life is over, remaining half will have some challenges. ( i considered cars life as 1.5 lacs kms, because of indian conditions like fuel quality, roads, heat...etc)
2) I'm not sure how a luxury car can miss basic necessity called "rear AC vents" , this is a deal breaker for me.
3) Given its age, and size of engine(130 horses?), it may not be exciting to drive.
4) Service costs would be crazy high,(some of longterm(>5 years) owners can pitch in here)
5) Only two people can sit in comfort at rear. And a questionable boot space as well.

Im not discouraging you but cars24 has 25k kms driven GLAs for 20 lacs, i.e. 2016+ models. I feel 18-20 seems very high for this car. With that money, you can even check with mercedes preowned showrooms as well.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 4th June 2020 at 12:34.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 09:07   #13779
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...&rk=1&isP=true

Newish 530D for sale: rare in BLR at least.
Old 5th June 2020, 10:23   #13780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post

Any more details on this?
Old 5th June 2020, 21:00   #13781
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Mercedes GLA CDI Style, Silver, October 2014 model, 70,000 kms run (Mercedes ASS in Bangalore. Mechanically and cosmetically in very good shape, and overall well maintained. No accident history or major mechanical failures of any nature.

In the current scenario it is a 6 year old Electronic Merc in a Bear Market. ( Read less desirable and plenty available)
If he gets that 18 lacs for a run of the mill pretty common merc he should either take the offer OR just hang on to the car.
I bought my 7 year old Cooper S in Nov last year at 18. Thats a rare car. And it is an enthusiast car.
I sold at the same time my 8 year old Yeti at 6.25 L.

And frankly, from a functionality POV the Merc pales in comparo.

So 18-20 is perfectly fair. Only because this is BLR.
In NCR/ Delhi he would be lucky to get 15 L...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th June 2020 at 21:02.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 21:31   #13782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...&rk=1&isP=true

Newish 530D for sale: rare in BLR at least.
Have dealt with this dealer earlier, seemed sketchy hence backed out. Also, most of his cars are severely overpriced.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 23:55   #13783
Senior - BHPian

What's a good price for 2017 Manufacturing 2018 March Registered Compass Petrol Limited AT in very good condition done 15k kms with company warranty will 2023 and years worth of insurance.
Old 6th June 2020, 00:43   #13784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
What's a good price for 2017 Manufacturing 2018 March Registered Compass Petrol Limited AT in very good condition done 15k kms with company warranty will 2023 and years worth of insurance.
10-12 lac I think. It’s a decent car - but, I think the demand for AT petrol is pretty less due to its guzzler image. Are you buying or selling?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 03:41   #13785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
10-12 lac I think. It’s a decent car - but, I think the demand for AT petrol is pretty less due to its guzzler image. Are you buying or selling?
Hi this car was 24lakhs on road. Agree demand is very less but I've not seen a single one advertised for anything near that much. Most good condition low milage and age are listed in 15-18 range. Looking to buy.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks