Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 07:12   #13786
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

thanks, whats the dealer name? Since the ad is not appearing now - shows car is sold. Lot of Blore dealers have their cars listed at higher prices, not sure it actually sells at those prices.
Old 6th June 2020, 09:16   #13787
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews regarding buying used cars from Spinny, especially in Bangalore?

Their prices are slightly on the higher side. A friend is looking at a petrol 2014 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT that is pegged at Rs. 4.70 lakh. The car has covered just over 27,000 km.

What will be a fair value for such a car?
Old 7th June 2020, 20:18   #13788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Their prices are slightly on the higher side. A friend is looking at a petrol 2014 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT that is pegged at Rs. 4.70 lakh. The car has covered just over 27,000 km.

I've booked a car through them, will share review once purchase process is complete.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 14:36   #13789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hi this car was 24lakhs on road. Agree demand is very less but I've not seen a single one advertised for anything near that much. Most good condition low milage and age are listed in 15-18 range. Looking to buy.
Understood. Most people value the car based on their purchase price, and not the market demand. I think due to the slow selling (...and low market demand) of the vehicle, the prices can be seriously haggled. 15 guy, given the Covid-19 situation and general lack of interest, can be brought down to 12-13...
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 15:58   #13790
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

To set a base price-
A good rule of thumb is 15% dep per annum from.current showroom price for high end of the range.
And 15% dep pa from actual purchase price for the low end of the range.

To this base price you can add premium for popularity of model, number of owners, kms run condition etc etc.

4.7 for a 6+ yr old i10 seems high.
KMT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 08:48   #13791
Senior - BHPian

How much could I possibly expect for a single owner, original paint, December 2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XK BSIII that has run around 40K kms and is in very good condition in Kolkata? I'm looking for prices for both individual sale and a possible exchange on another Hyundai product.
Old 10th June 2020, 09:46   #13792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Understood. Most people value the car based on their purchase price, and not the market demand. I think due to the slow selling (...and low market demand) of the vehicle, the prices can be seriously haggled. 15 guy, given the Covid-19 situation and general lack of interest, can be brought down to 12-13...
It's always about supply and demand. There is limited supply and no demand.

Was able to haggle but not around the price you mentioned which I think is impossible anyways. A 2 year old car with warranty till 2023 for 14-15 is fair imo. The car still costs 24-25 big ones on road which I feel is absurd. I've tried to negotiate with many many for sale ads across the country (I was open to get car from anywhere) but none of them went below a lakh from advertised price.
Old 10th June 2020, 10:44   #13793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I've tried to negotiate with many many for sale ads across the country (I was open to get car from anywhere) but none of them went below a lakh from advertised price.
Got it. If you are open to sharing, what was the final deal then? A very good purchase at the price you are quoting BTW. Is it an addition to your garage or a replacement for an existing vehicle? AFAIR, you have the John Cooper Mini!!
Old 10th June 2020, 12:21   #13794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Got it. If you are open to sharing, what was the final deal then? A very good purchase at the price you are quoting BTW. Is it an addition to your garage or a replacement for an existing vehicle? AFAIR, you have the John Cooper Mini!!
Hey sure thing,

I was getting Petrol ATs being offered for 15-16 approx. Mint conditions running around 10-15k kms range. Mostly the former. I paid around fourteen for mine which has done 14k kms and in absolutely mint condition.

Trailhawks have absurd asking prices and after driving the car it didn't feel any different or special to me. Neither did I require the off road capabilities, I loved the visual stuff on the car like blacked out grill and matte black badges which I can get on mine as-well. Was getting around 1.7 lakhs combined discount from showroom. Used asking was 23-25 range for 2000km run examples some unregistered mint demo cars as-well. This variant felt the most absurd to me for what it offers.

I did not consider Diesel Manual since I wanted Auto only.

This is a replacement for the Ecosport which has completed 7 years now and still going strong to be honest apart from few niggles here and there. But it just doesn't feel safe anymore and I want to have an automatic beater car. To be honest I am so excited for Compass because of the mod potential and tweaks I want to do. The Mini JCW is already completely tricked out for my usage and to be honest not much scope to add things there
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 20:09   #13795
BHPian

Hey guys,
Asking for your advice for a friend -

Based in Ahemdabad, GJ, he is looking at a Alto K10 Vxi model, 67,000km driven, Apr 2015 purchased by its first owner. Car is with a dealer and looks good in pictures. He is going to the dealer for a detailed look in the next few days.

Dealer is asking for 2.29L and negotiable. I've asked him to offer 2L.
Deal sounds good to me for 2L to 2.1L, looking at other similar models available online. In fact a little too sweet.

What do you guys suggest? I've asked my friend to try and confirm odo reading from the service history paperwork and try to ascertain if there is any accidental damage. We are also planning to see if we can take the car to a nearby MASS and ask for an evaluation from them. Hopefully a more detailed look esp. at the engine bay can be done by the MASS mechanics?

Anything specific we should check and any unique points to note for Alto K10?

Thank you folks!
Old 16th June 2020, 16:24   #13796

Hi..which would be a wiser choice, a brand new jeep compass or an used Audi q3, in the same price range. Personally ,i feel compass looks much better lookewise.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.TIA.
Old 16th June 2020, 17:57   #13797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
Hi..which would be a wiser choice, a brand new jeep compass or an used Audi q3, in the same price range. Personally ,i feel compass looks much better lookewise.
You need to elaborate further on both cars, to get a detailed answer from anyone.
I drove 2019 Diesel q3 couple of times(300kms), it’s amazing. But I don’t have Enough data to compare with compass.
Old 17th June 2020, 15:50   #13798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
I own a 4x4 diesel Q3 & would definitely choose it over the Compass. Depends what you are looking for though.

The space, refinement & comfort (& the Audi brand if that matters to you) are much more superior on even a used Q3. Also that crazy torque of that particular turbo diesel alongwith the AWD, puts a smile on my face everytime I decide to try it out.

The Compass is good but somewhere in the middle & thus doesn't attract me for any one strong reason. If I wanted a more capable, non soft, off roader, it would be a Wrangler.

So really depends what you are looking for & your criteria which are important to you.
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 23:02   #13799
BHPian

Hi guys.

This post is a request to Team BHP members based at Pune.

I am based at Delhi, and am looking to buy a used Punto from Pune.

In case any of you guys based at Pune have the time to check out this car for me, and give me a heads up on the general state of the car, I would be highly grateful. I am aware that it may be very difficult for any of you to find time for this, especially in these tough times.

Regards.
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:14   #13800
BHPian

Hi,

How much should I expecting for a 2008 Dzire VXI with CNG on RC and 1.1L KMs in Delhi?
The car is single owner and in great condition.

I was expecting some 1.9L and OBV states 1.4-1.5L, but I only got quotes of 1.25L from dealers, that seems too low!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks