Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 23:05   #12871
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 259
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Guys looking to buy a car in NCR, is any fellowbhpian selling or can refer (apart from the ones mentioned on the tbhp classifieds here)
Thanks Amit
7760620011
Looking to sell my Chevrolet Captiva LT Manual
2009, 39600kms with full service history and brand new tyres, please let me know if interested (on PM).
Thanks
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 23:11   #12872
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dombivili,mumbai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Looking to buy preowned car in Navi Mumbai.Preferably Automatic transmission
khadoos baby is offline  
Old 10th August 2018, 18:56   #12873
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 942 Times
Default

Planning to sell our Skoda Octavia MK1 rider 1.9 tdi. Its a Jan 2007 regd car (2006 make) which has done around 1lakh Kms(1.04as if now). First owner, with leather seats, ICE,parking camera etc as add-ons. No major accidents. What's a reasonable price I can expect in Bangalore? I'm thinking 3-3.25
shashank.nk is offline  
Old 10th August 2018, 20:06   #12874
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,143
Thanked: 7,319 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Planning to sell our Skoda Octavia MK1 rider 1.9 tdi. Its a Jan 2007 regd car (2006 make) which has done around 1lakh Kms(1.04as if now). First owner, with leather seats, ICE,parking camera etc as add-ons. No major accidents. What's a reasonable price I can expect in Bangalore? I'm thinking 3-3.25
Did you try the tbhp used car price check? Or any of the other online used car value tools? Or prices for similar cars on olx?

Also you missed out a couple of key factors for anyone determining a price

1. Tyre and battery age / how many km done
2. When was the last service done and when were the clutch, timing belt etc changed?
3. When is the insurance renewal due?
hserus is offline  
Old 10th August 2018, 20:16   #12875
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 942 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Did you try the tbhp used car price check? Or any of the other online used car value tools? Or prices for similar cars on olx?

Also you missed out a couple of key factors for anyone determining a price

1. Tyre and battery age / how many km done
2. When was the last service done and when were the clutch, timing belt etc changed?
3. When is the insurance renewal due?
I did check online, but the price range varies hugely, 2 to 3+ lakhs so I thought I'll ask here.

Tyre replaced in 2014 and I've clocked some 25kms since then, battery replaced in sept 17.
Last serviced in May and clutch still has a lot of life. Insurance to be renewed in Jan '19

Last edited by shashank.nk : 10th August 2018 at 20:46.
shashank.nk is offline  
Old 12th August 2018, 15:04   #12876
BHPian
 
kablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Dears, urgent help. Going to check a 2011 Fiat GP petrol 1.4 emotion variant. Car has done 41000 kms and owner quoting 2.4L what it the fair price to close the deal?
kablu is offline  
Old 12th August 2018, 15:12   #12877
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 899
Thanked: 1,105 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Dears, urgent help. Going to check a 2011 Fiat GP petrol 1.4 emotion variant. Car has done 41000 kms and owner quoting 2.4L what it the fair price to close the deal?
Anything around 1.7L should be a fair price, given it's rarity. Sorry to ask, but, are you sure you want a Punto petrol? For 2L you might get Fiesta 1.6 and T-jets which are much better IMHO.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 15:16   #12878
BHPian
 
kablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Anything around 1.7L should be a fair price, given it's rarity. Sorry to ask, but, are you sure you want a Punto petrol? For 2L you might get Fiesta 1.6 and T-jets which are much better IMHO.
Thanks for the response brother. In my city, I'm not seeing even a single Fiesta 1.6 in good condition. They are abused to the core. Also, t-jets are a rare Breed and I never came across a single t-jet up for sale in my 3 months hunt for used cars. In such a case, I would be more than happy to plonk my money in the turbo beauty even if it crossed by budget of 2 L
kablu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 15:36   #12879
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 899
Thanked: 1,105 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Thanks for the response brother. In my city, I'm not seeing even a single Fiesta 1.6 in good condition.
Assuming you are in Chennai, did a quick search and found this ad on OLX.

https://www.olx.in/item/ford-fiesta-...-ID1m9kVL.html
jetsetgo08 is offline  
Old 15th August 2018, 11:14   #12880
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 220
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

Looking to find a price estimate for my fathers i10 Sportz Automatic August 2013 model done 26k KM (with a service record), new battery and insurance renewed with ZeroDep & all add-ons (key protect, engine protect, consumables, etc.). Car has been impeccably maintained and used sparingly as my father is retired. The car is registered in Noida(UP16) and based there as well. The car has its own fully covered dedicated garage and never left out.
duke is offline  
Old 21st August 2018, 13:33   #12881
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Jaipur and Pune
Posts: 29
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi,


On behalf of my friend who is based in Pune, looking for a Chevrolet Captiva, we have seen a couple of cars, but either they are priced out of our range or they are high mileage cars. He is open to the idea of picking up a car from another City/State, provided it is a low run - well maintained example, preferably from a Tbhpian.

Budget is under 4L and ideally KM should be under 40k KM, even older well maintained cars are on our radar.

Do share your opinions and leads if any, either on this thread or on PM.

Thanks.
Williams_f1 is offline  
Old 21st August 2018, 13:48   #12882
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,143
Thanked: 7,319 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post
Hi,
On behalf of my friend who is based in Pune, looking for a Chevrolet Captiva, we have seen a couple of cars, but either they are priced out of our range or they are high mileage cars. He is open to the idea of picking up a car from another City/State, provided it is a low run - well maintained example, preferably from a Tbhpian.
Budget is under 4L and ideally KM should be under 40k KM, even older well maintained cars are on our radar.
Do share your opinions and leads if any, either on this thread or on PM.
Thanks.
Under 4 lakh for a 40k run car means you are in the market for a small hatchback like an Alto, not a Captiva or other comparable 7 seater.

If you get an out of state car add the costs of RTO transfer + fresh life tax to be paid in Pune.

Triple your budget if you want a 7 seater.
hserus is offline  
Old 21st August 2018, 14:01   #12883
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 259
Thanked: 322 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post
Hi,


On behalf of my friend who is based in Pune, looking for a Chevrolet Captiva, we have seen a couple of cars, but either they are priced out of our range or they are high mileage cars. He is open to the idea of picking up a car from another City/State, provided it is a low run - well maintained example, preferably from a Tbhpian.

Budget is under 4L and ideally KM should be under 40k KM, even older well maintained cars are on our radar.

Do share your opinions and leads if any, either on this thread or on PM.

Thanks.
Please PM me with your name and number, i have exactly what you are looking for with all service records, an out of state NOC and brand new tyres chevrolet captiva.
dhruvritzed is offline  
Old 21st August 2018, 14:26   #12884
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post
Hi,


On behalf of my friend who is based in Pune, looking for a Chevrolet Captiva, we have seen a couple of cars, but either they are priced out of our range or they are high mileage cars. He is open to the idea of picking up a car from another City/State, provided it is a low run - well maintained example, preferably from a Tbhpian.

Budget is under 4L and ideally KM should be under 40k KM, even older well maintained cars are on our radar.

Do share your opinions and leads if any, either on this thread or on PM.

Thanks.
Under 4 Lakh for an under 40k Km Captiva (7 seater SUV) seems really implausible. Even if you do find someone offering such a car, please go the extra mile to double check everything and don't hesitate to make trips to more than one mechanics for verification. Chances are that such a car might come with hidden unpleasant surprises.
meetgds is offline  
Old 21st August 2018, 15:05   #12885
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 300
Thanked: 487 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I will be mostly going in for this. Appreciate if TBHP brethren can advise if the pricing is fair and anything else to lookout for.
Single owner - Toyota Etios V TRD Sportivo Edition - Petrol fuel - 50k run - 2013 model - price range is 3.0 L to 3.25 L.
Tires will need to changed. Battery replacement is done in last 6 months. Car has its share of make-up due to it being in Delhi. Mileage Background from Toyota is successful. Clutch and suspension might need overhauling in another 10k which I will pre-empt as I like to keep my cars mechanically fit.
Is this a fair price? I am estimating a max of 50k to get the car into excellent condition. So the final cost will be in range of 3.5L to 3.75 L post addition of 50k.
Any idea about how much will extra need to be shelled for getting it registered out of state - precisely from DL to HR?

Last edited by headbanger : 21st August 2018 at 15:07.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks