Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 11:28   #12856
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi experts, need your opinion on this.

Came across this whatsapp msg from my friend wherein a Creta is for sale (Bangalore).The details are Hyundai Creta/Petrol/Sx Plus/10000 kms/No accidents/good condition/Sep 2017 (pre-facelift version)/owner moving out of country. What is a good price for this vehicle?

Evaluation price -
OBV - 11.7-12.2 Lakhs
Carwale - 11.9.12.8

Also, being in Bangalore, if it better to go for a Automatic Creta (facelifted version) from showroom. I dont need a Diesel since my running is low. I currently drive a 2011 Diesel Figo (Remapped) and trying to find a good upgrade. i was confused between the Creta (Petrol) and Nexon (Diesel) which were definitely in my range. For now i had dropped the plan and was going to continue with the Figo for another 6-8 months and then eventually get hold of the Tata Harrier (5 seater) in second quarter of next year.

But the above classified has put me into a fix again. if i get the Creta for 11-11.5 Lacs, I am getting a Nearly new Creta for the price of a Diesel Nexon. Only thing missing is an Auto tranny. would like to hear your opinions on what should i be doing.

Options:
1. Pick up the Creta mentioned in the classified, at a decent price (need a good quote to give to the seller)
2. Continue with Figo and pick up Tata Harrier next Year (may get delayed into Q3 of next year as well)
3. Pick up a brand new Petrol Creta (Auto) and forget about upgrading for the next 3-4 years.

As you must have guessed, the classified has confused me. hence, apologies if this post comes across as messed up.

Note: what is the mileage of the Petrol Creta?

Last edited by mail.jaiswal : 26th July 2018 at 11:36.
Old 29th July 2018, 19:03   #12857
BHPian

Dears,
Need some quick inputs. Due to a sudden itch for a fast car, I started looking for skoda Laura tsi's in Chennai. However, petrol ones are rare to come by it seems. Came across a MH registered 2009 Laura tsi which is up for sale. From the photos, the car looks well maintained and has done around 70000 kms. Upon checking with the owner, he said that he didn't got the noc from TN RTO. He quoted an initial price of 3.6L and after first round of negotiation, it's hovering at 3L now. I'm yet to see the car as the location is 250 kms away from Chennai. Now, below are my queries.
1.Is this a worthy option?
2.What are the immediate expenses I should be looking for if I'm buying this car
3. Is it possible to do name transfer of the car without getting noc?
4. If noc is mandatory, how much to shell out for that?
5. If everything goes well, what will be the best price to settle the deal?
This car will be use for weekend runabouts and highway trips which comes to a total of 1000 kms per month max.
Have to respond to the owner within tomorrow.

Last edited by kablu : 29th July 2018 at 19:04.
Old 29th July 2018, 19:32   #12858
Senior - BHPian

You need a NOC from the RTO in Maharashtra

Then you need to re register the car in TN by paying pro rata road tax on the car.

It will take months. Avoid.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 19:35   #12859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You need a NOC from the RTO in Maharashtra

Then you need to re register the car in TN by paying pro rata road tax on the car.

It will take months. Avoid.
Thanks hserus for the quick response. Never know that the noc process needs to be done at the source state. On the other hand, what are the difficulties in using the car as such without getting noc? Sorry if I sounded silly. Just curious to know.
Old 29th July 2018, 19:42   #12860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Thanks hserus for the quick response. Never know that the noc process needs to be done at the source state. On the other hand, what are the difficulties in using the car as such without getting noc? Sorry if I sounded silly. Just curious to know.
The car can't be transferred in your name without the NOC.

If you drive the car without name transfer and the RC is in another guys name you can be hauled up for vehicle theft the first time a cop checks your papers at a traffic stop.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 19:55   #12861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The car can't be transferred in your name without the NOC.

If you drive the car without name transfer and the RC is in another guys name you can be hauled up for vehicle theft the first time a cop checks your papers at a traffic stop.
Great. Getting out the deal immediately. Thanks for being an eye opener.
Old 29th July 2018, 22:48   #12862
BHPian

Model : 2010 corolla altis 1.8E, 80000 kms done, 2 owners. Car is in Chennai. Quoted price is 3.75 L. Pls suggest the price at which the deal can be closed. I'm looking to buy the car.
Old 29th July 2018, 22:49   #12863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks hserus, I am planning to offer 7.5L, let's see how it goes. The bonus is the car has been recently serviced, could not check it but will go again to see it.

Will also take the car to Toyota Service station for a check, hope nothing comes up.
Apologies for quoting myself, the car was sold before I got around to make an offer. Guess, that's what happens to cars that are in such fine nick. Lesson learnt! Did a drive a couple of 2012 VL AT's but they did not meet my expectation. Putting the car buying thing on hold for a short while, have decided to up my budget and go for 2014-15 model year 11th Gen Corolla Altis.

Cheers
Old 29th July 2018, 23:19   #12864
BHPian

Honda City VMT Sunroof March 2013 registration at Navi Mumbai. The car has done 76k kms genuine as verified from the service records. First owner car and a well maintained one. What should be a fair price to pay for this? Seller is unwilling to go below 5.5L no matter what.

Various used car evaluation tools show an average price range of 5.25L to 5.45L. Also the current insurance IDV is 4.75L, any red flags here?

I have to get back to him with a Yes or No by tomorrow afternoon. Any help on this would be appreciated.
ZinFluent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 06:01   #12865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Model : 2010 corolla altis 1.8E, 80000 kms done, 2 owners. Car is in Chennai. Quoted price is 3.75 L. Pls suggest the price at which the deal can be closed. I'm looking to buy the car.
3.2 or so would be fair. You need to check if the 80k service has been done or not, that's expensive. Also the tyres and battery will probably need changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Honda City VMT Sunroof March 2013 registration at Navi Mumbai. The car has done 76k kms genuine as verified from the service records. First owner car and a well maintained one. What should be a fair price to pay for this? Seller is unwilling to go below 5.5L no matter what.
If the tyres and battery don't need immediate changing, the clutch etc are ok and it's in a condition to just drive for the next 10k or more km after maybe a lubes and oil change, go ahead and pay it.
Old 4th August 2018, 18:44   #12866
BHPian

Hello all
In the market for an Audi A3.
Came across a very good model today.
2016 tdi technology sunroof .
16k run with 2 years warranty left.
Asking for 26.5L.

What would be a good offer to make?

Appreciate your advise
Old 4th August 2018, 22:45   #12867
BHPian

Guys,
A 2009 Skoda Octavia Petrol is listed for sale in our very own classifieds with some nice mods. Car has done around 50K Kms and price quoted is 3.5L. I'm looking for a fast petrol car and in the hunt for some time now. Please suggest whether this car will be a good option. what will be the fair price to close the deal?

Attached the screenshot of tbhp listing for quick reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-tbhp-octavia.jpg  

Old 9th August 2018, 01:25   #12868
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
A 2009 Skoda Octavia Petrol is listed for sale in our very own classifieds with some nice mods. Car has done around 50K Kms and price quoted is 3.5L. I'm looking for a fast petrol car and in the hunt for some time now. Please suggest whether this car will be a good option. what will be the fair price to close the deal?

Attached the screenshot of tbhp listing for quick reference.
When you can get a diesel Laura 2010 models for 4 lakhs, I think 3.5 lakhs for a 10 year old octavia petrol looks too costly.
AccordSport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 19:28   #12869
BHPian

I know it's hard to put a price on a Gypsy, but what could be the right price for this?
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Gypsy.html/
Old 9th August 2018, 22:32   #12870
BHPian

Guys looking to buy a car in NCR, is any fellowbhpian selling or can refer (apart from the ones mentioned on the tbhp classifieds here)
Thanks Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks