Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 19:50   #14371
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hello All,

Finally I have made my mind to replace my Skoda Rapid (2011 December with 1,54,000 KMS on ODO). I am seriously thinking of following two options (I know Sedan vs SUV comparison is not a good idea, but I am open for both)

Option-1:
Skoda Superb
Model: L&K, Diesel
ODO:23K
Model: 2018 July
Place: Bangalore
Ownership: First, private company CEO's drive.
Condition: Very good, minor scratches
Price offered:25.5L

Option-2:
VW Tiguan
Model: Highline, Diesel
ODO:25K
Model: 2017 Aug
Place: Bangalore
Ownership: First, Individual.
Condition: Very good , almost no scratches.
Price quoted:25L

Dear members your feedback/input would be highly appreciated. I planning to bite the bullet before end of this month.

Thanks in advance
Both are great vehicles but both are over priced. I wouldn’t pay over 20 lakhs for either of them.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:30   #14372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Looking to buy a Used Hatch (2-4 year old) for around 5 lakhs in Chennai.
Why dont you extend your budget to 6 and buy a Swift LXI? Even the new Wagon R with the 1.2 engine my be a good buy.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:36   #14373
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
1) 2018 Feb Maruti Ignis 1.2 Zeta, 9,xxx kms - 5.19 lakhs
To have an idea on the price part in 2018 the price of Zeta Ignis (MT) would've been around 6.5 to 6.6L in TN. We had purchased one new Delta AMT in mid of 2018 for 6.3L after discounts in TN.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:48   #14374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Why dont you extend your budget to 6 and buy a Swift LXI? Even the new Wagon R with the 1.2 engine my be a good buy.
Thanks for your suggestion.

I really am not that interested in a Wagon-R (already own the previous generation) and the swift as well. I look forward to owning a car that feels a bit solid and well built overall. Hence looking at the Used car route. Ignis seemed to be better than the rest of the Maruti stable (from reports and posts) though I'm yet to go check out these cars in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
To have an idea on the price part in 2018 the price of Zeta Ignis (MT) would've been around 6.5 to 6.6L in TN. We had purchased one new Delta AMT in mid of 2018 for 6.3L after discounts in TN.
Thanks a lot for sharing this! Will surely be helpful in quoting a price. Around 4.50 L - 5.00L seems to be decent for 2018 Zeta/Alpha models i suppose.

There's also two another additions in my hunt right now.

After a few suggestions, ended up seeing some good looking 3rd gen Honda City models.

1) Honda City V MT - 2012 Jan
Asking Price - 5.00 L

~12,000 kms
Second Owner
Insurance about to expire in a couple of months
Seems to be well maintained
Inspection report shows some minor engine noise
Tyres are at 50% life

2) Honda City V MT - 2013 June
Asking Price - 5.50 L

~34,000 kms
First Owner
Insurance expired
Seems to well maintained though looks like there's an aftermarket audio system
Tyres are new

From looking at hatchbacks, I've headed to this as well now after some suggestions from members here. I love this city and in general, the reliability of the 3rd gen seems really good other than the rusting that i've seen in some. Luckily these two seem to be okay in pictures though I should get it checked if proceeding further

How much do you think I can negotiate? This is my first experience in getting a Used car myself so all advice/ suggestions are appreciated
freakmuzik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:37   #14375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is my first experience in getting a Used car myself so all advice/ suggestions are appreciated
The price should come least on your list of unknowns when buying used IMO. Please take an independent mechanic with you, if you know someone. Believe me when I say that despite taking a mechanic along, the best of us get cheated when buying used cars; my friend took my trusted mechanic along to evaluate a car and the used car dealer switched 3 defective tyres from amongst his inventory and slapped them onto his car on the day of the delivery. My friend ended up having to purchase 4 new tyres. This is a okay-ish kind of outcome if you ask me.

How can you ensure that those Hondas that you're looking at aren't flood-hit or impacted by accidents? Those are the questions you should be looking to answer. All the best.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:01   #14376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
The price should come least on your list of unknowns when buying used IMO. Please take an independent mechanic with you, if you know someone. Believe me when I say that despite taking a mechanic along, the best of us get cheated when buying used cars; my friend took my trusted mechanic along to evaluate a car and the used car dealer switched 3 defective tyres from amongst his inventory and slapped them onto his car on the day of the delivery. My friend ended up having to purchase 4 new tyres. This is a okay-ish kind of outcome if you ask me.

How can you ensure that those Hondas that you're looking at aren't flood-hit or impacted by accidents? Those are the questions you should be looking to answer. All the best.
Thanks for sharing the experience. I'll surely do that and also I will also take any car be it to an ASS for a full inspection before giving my final word. So with that I guess the flood/ accident part should be decently clear. I never imagined a scenario of them swapping tyres like that. That hits hard! God, gotta keep such focus in this process. Enlightening.
Old 25th January 2021, 16:07   #14377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the experience. I'll surely do that and also I will also take any car be it to an ASS for a full inspection before giving my final word. So with that I guess the flood/ accident part should be decently clear. I never imagined a scenario of them swapping tyres like that. That hits hard! God, gotta keep such focus in this process. Enlightening.
Yes indeed. And since you're also from Chennai, if the cars you're looking at are from dealers in the Kolathur area, cease and desist from pursuing them. My mechanic says that there are shady dealers in and around Kolathur who specialize in doing things to used cars that even he or others of his ilk cannot determine; tampered odometers whereby mechanics cannot find out if there has been some tampering done, major parts swapped out etc. Just play it safe, prefer buying straight off of a private buyer as far as possible (to avoid incidents such as the tyre swapping thing I had mentioned) and I cannot reiterate it enough - do not just buy based on your own inspection.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 13:15   #14378
BHPian

How much do fellow members here thing a 2016 Honda Jazz CVT should cost? I have always seen some absurd premium prices for automatics in Bengaluru but the add Honda and a spacious hatchback into the mix then it really becomes unpalatable.

Most 2016 Honda Jazz 1.2 CVT on sites like Spinny/Precarmart/Cars24 quote over 7L (spinny has the gall to say that it's a fixed price too).

OBV on the other hand puts the prices at 5.2L to 5.5L range. Are these valuation tools inaccurate to this extent?

From what I can figure out considering that the car should have depreciated over 40%+, so for a vehicle that was around 10L (i think) shouldn't the prices be around 6L+?

I am not really sure if it's actually financially sound to get a reliable used automatic car in a city like Bengaluru with price premiums like these.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 13:23   #14379
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Honda city is a good car and is juggle free. My friend has one 2011 model and is still in pristine condition, with stock parts at 80K odo.. But it has low GC and often scrape in bumps. Please do keep this in mind. Ignis OTOH has a commanding driving position with peppy engine that will be very helpful in city traffic conditions. On pricing part the Ignis at 5 to 5.1L is a great buy.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 17:05   #14380
BHPian

What should be a fair price for a 45k driven 2014 March reg E250 cdi in Delhi.
Please keep in mind the 10 year NGT ban in the area .
Any inputs would be appreciated.
Old 26th January 2021, 20:29   #14381
BHPian

What is the forum's view on 2018 manufactured/2019 registered 3 Series GT Luxury line which has done 26k kms, being offered for 39 lacs with negotiation window of couple of lacs max? Is it a fair market price considering GT has now been replaced by 3 series Limousine? Also has warranty till Jan2022 with BSI till Jan2024.
Thoughts and inputs appreciated. TIA.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 02:42   #14382
BHPian

HI Coffeebeans,
Considering that the 3GT is having extended warranty and service package it gives you added benefit. Get full vehicle check up by BMW if not being sold by BMW preowned. Bargain for that additional 2 lakhs atleast considering it is no longer in production. Also check condition of tire wear and brake pads for additional bargaining points. Since it is 2018 manufactured and driven only 26k km looks to be good option. My thumb rule is luxury cars are depreciating approx 35% in 2 yrs and 40% in 3 yrs. So try to find the on road price paid for the car post discounts (buyer might have got deep discounts considering it was 2018 manufactured and 2019 registered) and accordingly you will get a ball park resale amount. Also do factor in that it has extended warranty and service pack.
nikhil_pon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 23:35   #14383
BHPian

What should be a reasonable offer for a Tata Hexa XM 2017 with 59k on odi?

Color: Arizona Blue
Condition: Not bad but not great either.

Any ball park figure would be much appreciated.

Asking price is 10.5L
patel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 09:37   #14384
BHPian

Hi BHPians
Please share your thoughts on the deal I am getting.
2020 Vento TSI Highline Plus Manual.
1600 Kms Run Demo car.
Asking 10.5 and some change.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:39   #14385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Honda city is a good car and is juggle free. My friend has one 2011 model and is still in pristine condition, with stock parts at 80K odo.. But it has low GC and often scrape in bumps. Please do keep this in mind. Ignis OTOH has a commanding driving position with peppy engine that will be very helpful in city traffic conditions. On pricing part the Ignis at 5 to 5.1L is a great buy.
Thank you! The cars I looked at are Facelift versions with a slightly better Ground Clearance though still I'm aware I should be careful. I've taken Ignis out of my options for wanting to buy something other than a Maruti/ Hyundai this time.

I've given my quotes for the Honda City options and am waiting.

In the meantime, came across a Ford Figo 1.5 D Titanium (1.5 D being the reason of interest ), 2017 model, run very less (~15k kms or so) and looks neat in pictures. Quote is 5.5 lacs. I couldn't find a good reference for a used New Figo in this thread so would like to know your thoughts as well.

Thanks in advance
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed