Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 19:28   #14491
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi all,

could you please help me to ascertain the value of this car? I saw this car on OLX (advertised by dealer)

Tata Hexa 2018 model XTA 6 seater
Registration State : Kerala
KM: 37,000
1st Owner

Dealer is asking 15 L

Best Regards
Old 2nd April 2021, 19:47   #14492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys, when we were looking for a well maintained used Innova Crysta and yesterday, I've seen a Sept 2019 manufactured one in pearl white colour with the ivory leather seats, which has run 9000 Kms and looks clean as well when I checked the car yesterday in person at a used car dealer.

The dealer had quoted Rs.21.5L on this car and told him that Rs.21L will be our last price only if I get the car inspected and haven't met with any accidents till now.

The same version, when new, had costed around Rs.28L I guess.

Can I go ahead with it or look for other options?
I am assuming you are referring to the ZX AT Diesel model. If yes, the BS6 car currently costs ~28L in Hyderabad. In 2019, it would be cheaper by ~1.5-2L. As a benchmark, the new BS6 GX MT itself costs ~21L on road.

19.5 or 20L should be a fair price considering the low running. One can find good ZX AT in NCR for even 18L.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 09:29   #14493
BHPian

Please help with with a good selling price for:

Car: Ertiga ZDI 2015 (2012-2015 model)
ODO: 47K km
Condition: Good
Color: Metallic Brown

thank you!
Old 5th April 2021, 16:07   #14494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Car: Ertiga ZDI 2015 (2012-2015 model)
ODO: 47K km
No new diesel 7-seaters in the sub Rs.10L category means, you can expect around Rs.7.5L easily. Here in Hyderabad, none of the Ertiga's are available below 6L including 2012 models unless they are battered.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 21:26   #14495
BHPian

TrueValue is offering Rs 6.85L (they rated the car in excellent condition). Hmm I should hold out for atleast Rs 7.5L! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
No new diesel 7-seaters in the sub Rs.10L category means, you can expect around Rs.7.5L easily. Here in Hyderabad, none of the Ertiga's are available below 6L including 2012 models unless they are battered.
Old 5th April 2021, 22:43   #14496
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

A friend who is not on this forum wants to sell his 2017 octavia 2 litre tdi, 6 speed dsg. Top end. No crashes. Well maintained. 28000kms.

Any idea what he should be asking for on olx?
Old 6th April 2021, 16:48   #14497

Hello All,

What would be a good price range for the following?

A Delhi registered, 2018 Honda Jazz V CVT petrol. Has run 26,000 kilometers. It's available with a Dealer who is quoting a price is Rs. 7,25,000

A Delhi registered, 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT petrol. Has run 39,000 kilometers. It's being sold by an individual who is quoting a price of Rs. 6,30,000

I'm planning to see both the cars in person in the coming few days.
vaibhav_one is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 00:11   #14498

Hello All,

I am looking for 2013-2014 Honda city automatic / 2011-2013 Toyota Corolla Altis automatic in Mumbai. What kind of rates I should offer for the above models.
Old 8th April 2021, 17:20   #14499
BHPian

Folks. I am looking for a xuv 500 of around 2013 to 2015 (w6 or w8). What may be the price range for a good car approximately done around 80k to 1L kms? Also, I live in Bangalore - which as we all know is known for higher prices - so if you can factor that in - that would be super!!
Old 9th April 2021, 08:28   #14500
BHPian

Guys, what would be the ideal price range for this car?

Car in question: Jeep Compass
Year: 2018
Variant: Limited Plus Diesel
Kms done: 13000
First look: Looks pristine with no big scratches from the pics.
Claims to have the services done from the showroom
Yet to verify further details.

Any ballpark figures would be highly helpful as I am not much into the used car market.
Old 9th April 2021, 08:49   #14501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Guys, what would be the ideal price range for this car?

Car in question: Jeep Compass
Year: 2018
Variant: Limited Plus Diesel
Kms done: 13000
First look: Looks pristine with no big scratches from the pics.
Claims to have the services done from the showroom
Yet to verify further details.

Any ballpark figures would be highly helpful as I am not much into the used car market.
Hi, just one tip. Please do verify if this is a test drive vehicle. Given that the facelift is out, I am seeing low run Compass top variants on sale a lot. Make sure you check that.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 21:21   #14502
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm seeing an overall decrease in the numbers and variety of used cars out there at least in Chennai. I've seen the used car supply/demand mismatch occur before in the US in the aftermath of the 2008 financial debacle. People tend to hold on to their cars while not buying newer ones in the aftermath of recessions. It's happening here already in India most probably. Used cars are simply not going to be available, or they will be in short supply, thereby jacking up prices.

It's a seller's market now. If you're mulling over selling a car right now, go for it. Anything will sell and that too at a premium.

It's of course not a buyer's market now. To make matters worse, the pandemic has made a lot of people pursue used cars and so there are probably that many more competitors wooing the same sellers that you would be talking to. You'd best wait for some sort of supply event to take shape before plunging into the used car market; what I mean is, the used market might pick up for buyers perhaps if there's an uptick in new car sales (if the old car recycling initiative actually helps in pushing the sales of new cars), or if there is a sudden alternate source of supply - let's say Zoomcar and Revv go bankrupt and auction off lots of cars....that's hypothetical, but you get my drift!

All in all, I'm seeing ample evidence of the used car market having dried up here in Chennai. I'm a guy that scrolls through used car listings daily for no reason and I've been doing this for the past 3 years - trust me when I say I haven't seen such a dry market until now. So I've advised my brother-in-law to hold off on his used car hunt for a year or more. What's your take on the situation?

Note: The used car market in the US was kept sustained even in its dry phases via the periodic auctioning off of ex-lease vehicles. The leased car market is pretty sizeable over there and a bulk of them would get auctioned off by dealers daily, as and when their 3 year/36,000 mile leased cars became freed of their leases. My very own Nissan Rogue came off such a lease to my trusted dealer's lot, before I picked it up in a dry used car market in November 2013. I wish there were something akin to this in India to keep the used car market ticking!

Last edited by locusjag : 12th April 2021 at 21:23.
locusjag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 22:52   #14503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm seeing an overall decrease in the numbers and variety of used cars out there at least in Chennai.

It's a seller's market now. If you're mulling over selling a car right now, go for it. Anything will sell and that too at a premium.

It's of course not a buyer's market now. To make matters worse, the pandemic has made a lot of people pursue used cars and so there are probably that many more competitors wooing the same sellers that you would be talking to.
Completely spot on! We're replacing our 7 year old hatchback, and even dealers offered 50k more than our initial target price of 3 lakhs.

And on the other hand, a cousin who was looking for a 2nd hand Polo for 5 lakhs couldn't find even one good example till he found a personal contact who was selling one and was willing to go down from a quote of 6L to 5.2L.
pavanmadhini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 22:56   #14504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Car: Honda City
Year: 2016
ODO: 78000
Variant: VX CVT
Transmission: Automatic
No.of owners: 2 (sale within relatives)

Asking price: 6.6 L
Owner agreed for 6.3L. We will take it to the Honda service for further checks before making the final decision.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 23:41   #14505
BHPian

I’m planning to sell my 2013 model Hyundai Verna Sx diesel. It has run around 82000 kms. Except for some paint work due to scratches, everything else is in pristine condition. Cars24 offered 3.4 laks. Is this a fair amount or should I check other dealers. I have another polo 1.5d which I can use as my daily drive. Pls suggest. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks