Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:50   #14566
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I came across a 2016 S model CVT amaze here in chennai - 39k in ODO , price quoted 5.7L and final offer is 5.5L . Is this a good price ? online evaluation tools show prices of 5.4 to 6.1 for the above model . So Iam tempted! Looking for advice from fellow Petrolheads!
It is a first generation Amaze, right? I do not think it is worth paying more than 4.5L for the same.
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:15   #14567
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is best when it come to resale price. Most Maruti cars has very good resale value.

I recently sold my Ertiga due to lockdown and personal issues. I sold it to Cars24 and had a very pleasant experience with them. Please find below details -

Car - Ertiga Vdi
Kms - 51000 when Sold
Model - Oct 2016
Condition - Very good
Issues - Battery was due for replacement, tires were due for replacement and had only 5-10 K kms of life left, Reverse Sensors were malfunctioning, both wipers due for replacement.
My purchase price was - 9,80,000/- OTR

I was expecting around 6,50,000/- for my car. Tried Cars24 and their SE came home and took all details. Car inspection was thorough and he checked everything including small test ride. After 1 hour, I got offer of 7,50,000/- !!

I was more than happy and done the deal. Due to heavy lockdown here in Pune, it took some time to close the deal but it was done 2 days back. I got payment immediately after giving them car. They deducted around 8 K including challan of Rs 200 on my car.

Very very happy with their service and I think I got very good deal. I surely recommend Cars24 to all if you want to sell your car.
aniketi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:25   #14568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

I was expecting around 6,50,000/- for my car. Tried Cars24 and their SE came home and took all details. Car inspection was thorough and he checked everything including small test ride. After 1 hour, I got offer of 7,50,000/- !!
Over 75% resale on a 5 year old car is indeed incredible!
The current market is a pure sellers market. Prices have gone up by a good 15-20% in the last few months.
thechinmay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 17:58   #14569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Maruti is best when it come to resale price. Most Maruti cars has very good resale value.

I recently sold my Ertiga due to lockdown and personal issues. I sold it to Cars24 and had a very pleasant experience with them. Please find below details -

Car - Ertiga Vdi
Kms - 51000 when Sold
Model - Oct 2016
Condition - Very good
Issues - Battery was due for replacement, tires were due for replacement and had only 5-10 K kms of life left, Reverse Sensors were malfunctioning, both wipers due for replacement.
My purchase price was - 9,80,000/- OTR

I was more than happy and done the deal. Due to heavy lockdown here in Pune, it took some time to close the deal but it was done 2 days back. I got payment immediately after giving them car. They deducted around 8 K including challan of Rs 200 on my car.

Very very happy with their service and I think I got very good deal. I surely recommend Cars24 to all if you want to sell your car.
Thats a good deal. The diesel engines of MSIL are no more manufactured and hence there is a demand. Heard that they are planning to launch new BS6 diesel engines soon. Until then the demand for it is going to be there.
vasi_raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 18:02   #14570
BHPian

Someone please pitch in to help me. I want to know about buying from BMW pre owned.
I am looking at a 3 series 2013 model. Since the car is more than 5 yr old so it is not covered under BMW Premium Selection.
The BMW dealer is offering no warranty on it.
Old 4th May 2021, 18:52   #14571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
Someone please pitch in to help me. I want to know about buying from BMW pre owned.
You need to find an independent reliable garage to maintain the car. Please note that it is a 8 year old German car and budget some amount for maintaining the same. Parts availability is not an issue and garages who have experience with German cars can easily procure the same. Regular service cost is not that high. What is the price dealer quoting for the car? I do not think paying more than 10 Lakh is a good idea for 3 series (for 320D). Slight premium if the condition is excellent and certified.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th May 2021 at 18:54.
Old 4th May 2021, 18:56   #14572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
You need to find an independent reliable garage to maintain the car. Please note that it is a 8 year old German car and budget some amount for maintaining the same. Parts availability is not an issue and garages who have experience with German cars can easily procure the same. Regular service cost is not that high. What is the price dealer quoting for the car? I do not think paying more than 10 Lakh is a good idea for 3 series (for 320D). Slight premium if the condition is excellent.
The dealer is quoting 13.5 lakhs for 320d highline. The car is in good condition with 43000 on Odo . I have not entered into negotiating phase.
I live in a small town in Assam and there is no BMW dealership in Assam. I don't know any independent garages nearby. That is making me wary of taking the plunge.
Heart_Revs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 18:58   #14573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechinmay View Post
The current market is a pure sellers market.
I keep reading this everywhere. Is it applicable to cars are priced <10L only? Will it be applicable to cars like Harrier/Hector too? I am assuming it won't.
Old 4th May 2021, 19:06   #14574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is quoting 13.5 lakhs for 320d highline. The car is in good condition with 43000 on Odo . I have not entered into negotiating phase.
I live in a small town in Assam and there is no BMW dealership in Assam. I don't know any independent garages nearby. That is making me wary of taking the plunge.
Is it F30?
Then, I would say it's a fair asking price.
I recently picked up a Jan 2013 registered E90 320D Msport for 10L with 37K on odometer with service records. Negotiate a bit and settle it for around 12L.
I have a friend who own's a F30 since September 2013, and it has done 90K kms, apart from regular maintenance, car has not asked for anything else.
Just make sure you verify that the odo reading is legit.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:39   #14575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As Akshay posted, negotiate and finalize it ~12L (if it is F30). With no dealer and independent garage it is going to be difficult to maintain it. Check and try to get in touch with BMW owners group (FB or Whatsapp). Stay away if you cannot find any maintenance support.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th May 2021 at 19:48.
Old 4th May 2021, 20:20   #14576
BHPian

Many many thanks to everyone for their guidance. It surely will help me make a decision ... I believe the price is 10% on higher side.
I am more concerned with the service. Those who are aware of the geography of Assam will know that the lower Assam region known as Barak Valley is not a good place to own delicate Germans. The service support is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA. If something breaks down, the nearest authorized workshop is Kolkata.i.e. only 1342.1km by road if someone is interested in towing distance !!!
GOD!!! I must be smoking some really great stuff.
Old 5th May 2021, 15:49   #14577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I keep reading this everywhere. Is it applicable to cars are priced <10L only? Will it be applicable to cars like Harrier/Hector too? I am assuming it won't.
Well, it does apply in some cases to luxury cars as well. There are a few reasons for this:
1. Certain mass market cars (eg, Ertiga, DZire) are no longer available with diesel engines. I have also seen prices of the Octavia diesel holding up pretty well because of the same phenomenon.
2. Some manufacturers like Toyota have been increasing prices relentlessly for their cash cows for a nominal addition of features. There is a forum member who sold his Innova Crysta with 50k on the clock for more than he paid for it (ex showroom).
3, Discounts on most Mercedes/BMW models are now little to none (unless its a product that's being discontinued) due to global chip shortages. I have seen a 2018 530i listed for 45L in Mumbai. That is probably more than the ex-showroom, after discounts, that the first owner paid. Of course these are listed prices and not the selling prices, but that's still ridiculous for a 3 year old petrol BMW in Mumbai.

I don't think this will hold true for the Harrier and Hector, though. They are still relatively fresh products in the market.
thechinmay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 22:25   #14578
BHPian

What is the ideal price for a 2019 Jeep Compass Limited Plus Diesel MT if I purchase considering new one is priced at around ₹28L?

This particular car is sold by Jeep dealer, who is also the dealership for Land Rover and Honda, but it’s not a TD vehicle and the previous owner of this car had exchanged this for Range Rover and the dealer is quoting ₹19.5L and the car has run 21k Kms!

And, the dealer isn’t willing to reduce the price as well!
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 00:36   #14579
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

So my dad is planning to upgrade to a new car and thus, he will be selling his present drive, a 2014 Verna 1.4 VTVT CX. The car was purchased in December 2014 and has clocked a mere 28k Kms so far. It is well maintained and regularly serviced.

We got our car valued at the Tata showroom (when we went there for the TD of the new Safari on 30th March) and the price they quoted was 4.5 lakhs INR with additional 40k exchange bonus.

We also reached out to a local Auto Consultant of our contact and he assured us that the car can easily fetch 5-5.5 lakhs INR in the market.

Dad is not in a hurry to sell it. He will be upgrading by Diwali or the year end. So considering all the facts, what can be a good asking price for the car?

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20210328_135424__01.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20210328_135501__01__01.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20210328_135521__01.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20210328_135707.jpg

These are some clicks of the car.
HSR21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 10:13   #14580
BHPian

Hi,

What can be the expected price for TUV300 T8, Jan 2016 model, Black colour.
Odo stands at 95k, it has been maintained very well with all service records & serviced only at MASS at regular intervals. Have got MLD installed from Mahindra.
I have replaced battery & tyres at around 65k on the ODO. I have been offered 6 lacs by a relative as he is well aware of the condition of vehicle.

I am thinking to buy Harrier XZA+ AT or New Jeep Compass but compass price are on a higher side. Also will it be wise to wait for new XUV700 launch.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks